ranger's cad stuff (new stuff)

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Arkbrik, Hoboman

ranger's cad stuff (new stuff)

Postby Ranger S2H » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:01 pm

hey, I've finally decided the crap I do with sketchup is ok enough to be vaguely considered art, so I decided to make a deviant art page.
in order to fill up the empty gallery I made some screenshots of the vehicles that I have finished:

first: the landtrain.
I already posted this somewhere in the artwork forum but I figured I'd post it again because I don't really care.

I simply thought it would be a cool idea to put tankthreads under a train. I think it looks pretty good for a first try.
A running joke about this is that should the dutch railways actually have such a vehicle they might actually be "prepared for the winter" like their commercials were claiming BEFORE the snow started falling XD

second: The pegasus

this is what I think my personal spaceship would look like. it was inspired by the GDI kodiak from CnC tiberian sun

third: the Dropship

the DS-25 "helldropper" (bad pun but I like it) is a bit more recent than the other two. its an orbit to surface heavy transport to get the heavy (read: deadly/funny) stuff where you want it.

Im currently still working on a fightercraft and a spaceship. Ill post pics of the WIPs later.
Im also screwing around with a plugin called sketchyphysics, which will allow me to animate the models once I've got it figured out.

So what do you think?
Last edited by Ranger S2H on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?
Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Postby Olothontor » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:29 pm

This stuff is pretty damn cool, nice work. I've dabbled in CAD before, but could never get the hang of it. Quite depressing.

Anyway, great stuff!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby BFenix » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Yep, seen this stuff back on DA, pretty awesome ranger
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Ranger S2H » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:59 am

bumping the thread for new stuff

I've downloaded a renderer for sketchup, that makes everything look better. this is the first test:
I've also uploaded two new models:
the first is an air/space superiority fighter in a diesel punkish style (needs a better colorscheme):
the second is a space ship. I went for world war two in space, which meant turrets, turrets, and more turrets:
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?
Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Return to Artwork