Warhammer High elf army-blog

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Hoboman, Arkbrik

Postby zirrian » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Killer Karetsu wrote:Proxy, I think. They fitted in, though.

Nice. I think they would fit very well into an undead army with heavy-weathered equipment and skeleton/zombie heads, or the original helmets with glowing eyes. For vampire counts I can think a complete army building from bret models, based on a Moussilion color theme.

And for the swordmasters: their armor is cool, and the helm-top is also good. I think that you should do something about their face, it's the only thing that bothers me. If you wish, and I don't insult you with my offer, I could make a face-painting tutorial that is very easy (I paint that way, and lately I ended with some nice looking miniatures).
zirrian
Hero

Postby Killer Karetsu » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:46 pm

Sure. Pm?
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Postby GeneralOfDeath » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:42 pm

I wondered how that system worked. Friggin' huge map. Wouldn't a Brikwars game that big just own? Mabye at Ragnablok...
Let's Play X-Com: UFO Defense

The New Guy's Guide to the Brikwars Forums

Threads Won: 1 2

Times Banned: 6

Time Banned: 4 Days 2 Hours
TROLOLO
GeneralOfDeath
Jaw-Jaw

Postby piltogg » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:38 pm

:shock: so. much. wasted. money. :shock: :cry: :cry: war-hammer just feels stupid after learning of brikwars. Even epic level battles like this just feel boring as hell to me. But wow, thats a lot of stuff. And it looks like most of it is really well painted.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Zupponn » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:44 pm

piltogg wrote:And it looks like most of it is really well painted.

Yeah. Except for the guy who it looks like dunked his dudes in orange paint. Seems like something I would do if I ever got into this :D
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby zirrian » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:40 am

Zupponn wrote:

Yeah. Except for the guy who it looks like dunked his dudes in orange paint. Seems like something I would do if I ever got into this :D

Maybe the best paintin method ever. Basecoat your army with your main color, than finish them quickly.

And huge armies might be boring, I, for one, prefer small scale skirmish with a dozen of minis painted well.
zirrian
Hero

Postby White Nun » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Zupponn wrote:

I would think they would be Demons of Khorne if they were painted that colour. Unmistakable on the table, but all that red must be boring to paint.

For some years I was a keen Warhammer player and I collected mainly High Elves, but after too many rule edition changes and all that fine and fiddly painting I really do now much prefer Brickwars.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Previous

Return to Artwork