RM's WH40K Paintlog

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Arkbrik, Hoboman

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Re: RM's WH40K Paintlog

Post by Ham » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm

stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:53 pm

@Ham: Heresy!

@Evereyone giving me painting tips: thanks, I'll try that when I have more money.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Did you even look at the pictures?
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Ham701 wrote:Did you even look at the pictures?
6. Yes
7. Not only from the friends line, but
8. painted, not purist.
HERESY

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat May 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Had my first 40K games today.

My list:
2X Infantry squads
2X Chimeras (Infantry squads inside)
1X Command Squad
1X Leman Russ

It was between me and 3 of my friends. We did 2 doubles games. The first game was me and my buddy who plays Orks versus Necrons and Crimson Fists, second game it was my Guard and a different Ork Army, (CF guy switched out his armies) versus Necrons and Orks. I won the first game, and lost the second game. My IG performed pretty well, my new Russ was definitely the MVP of both games.

I'll post pics of all my stuff later, I've done washes and weathering on everything, so it'll look much, much better.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sun May 13, 2012 5:19 am

Nice, looking forward to see them! :)

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:49 pm

Played a game vs. Orks today.

My list:
Chimera X3
Infantry squad X2
Command squad X1
Leman Russ X1
Ministorum Priest X1
Stormtrooper Squad X1
Guardsman Marbo X1

Pretty good game, hard-fought on both sides. The Orks were all infantry except for one Trukk, which had a squad of Nobz and Ghazghull Thraka in it. That squad managed to kill Marbo, the Stormies, the Leman Russ, and a Chimera. The Leman Russ was constantly dropping templates on the main Ork units, and reduced a Shoota Boy squad down to 4 models, and killed a few regular boyz. The game ended in a tie with one guardsman squad sitting on an objective, and a Boyz squad sitting on another.

Marbo was kinda useless, but that was because I tried to fight a very tough Nobz squad with him. He deepstruck behind the squad, and tossed his demo charge, which wounded a few. Marbo was then mowed down by 20 Shoota Boyz the next turn. Next time, I'll have him use his Ripper Pistol to assassinate independent characters. He's better suited to that.

I knew I need to stop the Nobz squad before they could just tank through my army, so I deepstruck in the Stormies (with Ministorum Priest) by the Nobz. The Priest brought Ghazghull down to two wounds, and the Stormies wounded a bunch of Nobz. They were destroyed by the next turn.

At the end of turn 4, every Nob in that squad had a wound, due to wound allocation shenanigans on my opponent's part. I killed a total of 4 Nobz by the end of the game. 4 Nobz out of a squad of 10, with 3 powerklaws, not counting Ghazghull.

My command squad's ability to issue orders was handy, since the order "First rank, fire! Second rank, fire!" allowed me to shoot up the orks some more. Next game, I might try keeping my command squad closer to my Infantry, so I can issue orders more often.

I was incredibly lucky that the game ended on turn 6, because if the game had gone on, those Nobz would have torn up my infantry sitting on the objective.
In the end, I learned that Nobz are incredibly deadly, and that I should kill them as fast as possible, or at least make them walk. The fact that they were in a turbo-boosting Trukk allowed them to get to my lines fast, and begin tearing things up very early in the game.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Marbo, for all his coolness, is incredibly useless. Those 65 Points would have been better put buying another Chimera.
If you insist on footslogging it, a single block of fifty men in a platoon, with five commissars and five priests, is EVIL. Make sure the Sgts have lasguns and all the special weapons are rapid fire, and watch as the First RanK Fire! Second Rank Fire! command become incredibly evil. Outfit those commissars with power fists, and you've now got a 60 man unit that's stubborn, Leadership 10, puts out 150 shots stationary, half that on the move, and has a spattering of Str 6 WS 4 men. Support them with mortars and lascannons, and use the special weapon squads to throw demo charges to kill MEQs, and you've got an evil, evil tarpit that will mulch even Thraka due to the sheer weight of fire.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:41 pm

501stCadians wrote:Marbo, for all his coolness, is incredibly useless. Those 65 Points would have been better put buying another Chimera.
If you insist on footslogging it, a single block of fifty men in a platoon, with five commissars and five priests, is EVIL. Make sure the Sgts have lasguns and all the special weapons are rapid fire, and watch as the First RanK Fire! Second Rank Fire! command become incredibly evil. Outfit those commissars with power fists, and you've now got a 60 man unit that's stubborn, Leadership 10, puts out 150 shots stationary, half that on the move, and has a spattering of Str 6 WS 4 men. Support them with mortars and lascannons, and use the special weapon squads to throw demo charges to kill MEQs, and you've got an evil, evil tarpit that will mulch even Thraka due to the sheer weight of fire.
Might have to try that.

Also, everything in my army was mounted up in Chimeras except for Marbo and the Stormies, who deepstruck.

Would that be five Ministorum Priests? Because they have an ability that allows all shots from their squads to be Twin-Linked. If I were to do a 50-man squad, I'd take one priest and the 5 Commisars, but give them powerswords instead.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:17 am

Robot Monkey wrote:
501stCadians wrote:Marbo, for all his coolness, is incredibly useless. Those 65 Points would have been better put buying another Chimera.
Might have to try that.

Also, everything in my army was mounted up in Chimeras except for Marbo and the Stormies, who deepstruck.

Would that be five Ministorum Priests? Because they have an ability that allows all shots from their squads to be Twin-Linked. If I were to do a 50-man squad, I'd take one priest and the 5 Commisars, but give them powerswords instead.
Because five eviscerators and five powerfists will kill things. One eviscerator and five str 3 power weapons will kill fuckall. I've used this tactic before, and it's a slow moving wave that kills even terminators. Assault Termies can slow it down, though. If you have the points, buy 50 Conscripts and Commander Chekov and use the conscripts as moving cover.
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:42 pm

I was considering getting 20 or so conscripts to be a meatwall for a Vanquisher with Knight Commander Pask.

Also, Ministorum priests are HQ choices. Taking one Priest and one Commisar would soak up both of the allotted HQ choices.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:22 pm

:pics: and the above tactic works even better with Vostroyans. They are so glorious in large infantry columns :mrgreen:
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:32 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:I was considering getting 20 or so conscripts to be a meatwall for a Vanquisher with Knight Commander Pask.

Also, Ministorum priests are HQ choices. Taking one Priest and one Commisar would soak up both of the allotted HQ choices.
The Imperial Guard Codex, Page 93 wrote: An Imperial Guard army may include 0-5 Ministorum Priests. Priests do not use up any Force Oragnisation chart selctions but are otherwise treated as seperate HQ units.
The Imperial Guard Codex, Page 91 wrote: The squad may be joined by a Commissar.............35 Points

:busted:

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:24 pm

:shock:

Good to know! Gonna go do some priest/commissar spam now. Except my Priest is a conversion from an old DnD model, and is quite unique... (Pics later)

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:03 pm

*double post*

Had more games today!

It was vs. Orks again, but with a different Ork player. (That luckily didnt have 10 nobz in a trukk, thank goodness)

My list was the same as last time.

The game started out good for me, having brought the Warboss down to 1 wound and killed his Nob entourage with a single battle cannon round, followed up by a lascannon shot from my Russ. I then shot up some more orks across the board, and grabbed an objective with a Chimera. (We had 3 objectives)

The next turn, I had another Chimera drop off some guardsmen onto a bridge with an objective and a group of 10 grots going for it. The guardsmen rapid-fired the crap out of the grots, leaving just the Runtherd (who made leadership) Marbo then came on, and finished off the Warboss with his ripper pistol.

After that, Marbo walked around and demo-charged 10 tankbustas, killing all but 3, who failed leadership and ran. My 3 chimeras then combined fire on his battlewagon, exploding it and killing all but 6 of the Boyz inside, who made leadership.

A group of 20 Boyz assaulted Marbo on the next turn, and killed him. After that, My Russ battle-cannoned the squad until there was just 6 Boyz remaining, coincidentally enough. My guard squad on the bridge then finished off the runtherd, and claimed the objective. At this point, I had 2 objectives, and contested 1 with my Russ, and my opponent was left with a total of 12 Boyz and 2 Deffkoptas. HE then forfeit, and we shook hands.

Amazing game for me, my only casualty was Marbo. In my opinion, he did his job, killing two high-point units.

After this, my buddy broke out his Crimson Fists space marines, and we had the following two lists:

Guard:
1X Leman Russ (Battle cannon, lascannon, 2X plasma cannons)
1X Scout Sentinel (Autocannon)

Marines:
1X Dreadnought (Multi-melta, dreadnought fist w/ storm bolter)
5X Terminators (Storm bolters, powerfists)

Versus 100 zombies. (custom rules for zombies). He had a bag of 100 zombie minis from the "Zombies!!" game. This game was very similar to Kill Team in many respects.

Zombie:
WS: 4
BS: 0
S: 5
T: 3
W: 1
I: 3
A: 1
LD: N/A
SV: 6+
Special rules:
Fearless
Rage

We also added a special rule for this type of game, applicable to anyone who was:
6. a Zombie
7. Had a special weapon (IE a melta)
8. Had a close combat weapon
9. Not a vehicle
We called the rule "wall-breaking" or "kool-aid man-ing" It allowed anyone that applied to the above to roll a 4+ to bash through a wall, a fence, a locked door, etc. Good for zombies, since they had to bash through a fence to get to my friend's dreadnought.

The zombies started out in clumps of 10-15 around the board at the start of the game, and when they died, they would come back on the next turn in the "graveyard" terrain, on the opposite side of the board from the Imperium forces.

It was a ton of fun, just running around the board clearing out zombies, and watching massive hordes shamble out from the graveyard every turn. The goal was to survive to turn 5, and kill all of the zombies that were clustered around objectives. Upon clearing out an objective, you could send in one new squad. I chose to send in 5 Stormies with the Priest with my sentinel liberated an objective, and my friend sent in a combat squad of marines with a flamethrower and a missile launcher.

We managed to win, with both objectives liberated after long, hard fighting and all of our forces intact.

After that, we played a 200 point kill team game, which I won with my Russ from the Zombie game.

Also, going to post pictures of my updated guard army sometime this week, hopefully tomorrow.