Playing Style?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Bennanteno
Officer

Playing Style?

Post by Bennanteno » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:53 am

While reading the excellent medieval Japanese rules in the archives, I stumbled upon a crucial question about brikwars itself. Two prominent units were the Samurai and the Ninja, both representing distinct styles. The samurai is honorable and fair, whereas the ninja uses any means possible to acheive his goals.

The question I would ask then is, which is the proper Brikwars attitude?
The rules seem to speak to both sides, with talk of Brikwarrior's chivalry, but also of destruction at all costs. These viewpoints are in direct opposition to one another, so which one is the real way to play Brikwars?

Note that theirs probably no "Real" answer to this question, unless it comes from some kind of moderator or overlord.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:00 am

The Tao of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death. The samurai wants to achieve destruction just as much as the ninja does.

These are two sides of the same coin. Players treat each other honorably and fairly because they recognize that they're cooperating in a mutual goal: using any means possible to achieve destruction at all costs.

Cheating each other doesn't help with that goal, it only ruins the game for the sake of something dumb like winning. And that's the Tao of the retard.

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:28 am

Wow well put

A Nija was also Honrable, (kept thier word, wouldnt kill innocents) but they werer more assasins and stelthy Samurai are warrior class

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:47 am

I would think the samurai would be more ready for death because of a little knife he cares for gutting him self if he fails. :twisted:
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:01 am

didnt ninja's also do that??
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:39 am

Um....... maybe?
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:53 am

Rayhawk wrote:Cheating each other doesn't help with that goal, it only ruins the game for the sake of something dumb like winning. And that's the Tao of the retard.
Well put.

Sir Lancelot
Hero

Post by Sir Lancelot » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:38 am

Rody wrote:didnt ninja's also do that??
The art of Hari Kari was one reserved for the higher class. Ninjas did not learn it, nor did women. But then again, any competent samurai wife could kill someone with a ceremonial fan so...

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:01 pm

to depart from mike's mumbo jumbo voodoo nonsense answer, i offer one translated to scientific terms.

the more about one of the two sides you discover to be true, the less of the other viewpoint you will understand, yet you must realize that both exist. this is heisenberg's first theory of bricks. the only way to understand the proper concentration and equilibrium constants of

Ninja(s) -> Samurai (s), and it's reverse reaction, is to use the quantum. the quantum knows the answers, because it is the quantum. the quantum will tell you the answers, but only if you do not listen.

incedentially, my favorite quote about quantum physics is "if you suddenly understand what you're doing, you're doing it wrong".

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:45 pm

IVhorseman wrote:to depart from mike's mumbo jumbo voodoo nonsense answer, i offer one translated to scientific terms.

the more about one of the two sides you discover to be true, the less of the other viewpoint you will understand, yet you must realize that both exist. this is heisenberg's first theory of bricks. the only way to understand the proper concentration and equilibrium constants of

Ninja(s) -> Samurai (s), and it's reverse reaction, is to use the quantum. the quantum knows the answers, because it is the quantum. the quantum will tell you the answers, but only if you do not listen.

incedentially, my favorite quote about quantum physics is "if you suddenly understand what you're doing, you're doing it wrong".
How is that any less mumbo-jumbo-ey of an answer than talk of Tao of the Retard?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:48 pm

it's science, not pseudo science!

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:28 pm

don't post while you're doing physics homework, IV
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Sir Lancelot wrote:
Rody wrote:didnt ninja's also do that??
The art of Hari Kari was one reserved for the higher class. Ninjas did not learn it, nor did women. But then again, any competent samurai wife could kill someone with a ceremonial fan so...
It's Hara Kiri.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:09 pm

i'm actually not taking physics this year! i just love the quantum. so very, very much.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:00 pm

I posted while I was doing physics homework one time, and it ended up as an extremely long and boring rant about how railguns work
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...