What the Brick?

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:40 pm

I have a Wii and a PS3. The Wii's power is it's great Nintendo franchise games like Brawl or Mario or Metroid.

The PS3 and EcksBawcks have a greater variety of good games that aren't just in the same franchises such as LBP and MAG.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Arkbrik wrote:Funny you should mention the Wii. My brother just bought one and it's great because it's the first console where I can beat him.
It's probably because it has the nunchucks. I remember the first game system I got that was controlled with nunchucks, I was able to beat my brothers with it too. The game system was called "A Pair of Nunchucks."

Ogel96
Dimmy

Post by Ogel96 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:03 pm

stubby wrote: The game system was called "A Pair of Nunchucks."
Nunchucks...
:csi:
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:45 pm

Ogel96 wrote:It's not the peach, it's the fact they won't let that franchise DIE!
Speaking of that not sure if you guys know this but the contact Lego has with Star Wars ends this year so there is a slim chance that it will not be renewed and therefor no more lego start wars. Very slim but it is there all the same.

Oh and for all you guys that hate these Lego games your out of luck
FBTB.net wrote:Six More Years of LEGO Games

This article about the working relationship between Warner Bros. Interactive/Traveler’s Tales and LEGO appeared last week on kotaku.com. An excerpt below:

The publisher (and developer’s) deal with the Danish toy company has been extended to 2016, meaning we’ve got six more years of LEGO games based on Star Wars, Harry Potter and whatever else can be whipped up over a boardroom table and sold across all platforms.

While this doesn’t necessarily give concrete proof that the LEGO Star Wars license isn’t expiring, it does give us some hint as to its future. Steve Witt has stated in the past that the license isn’t going anywhere, and I’m inclined to believe him. Yet, we still haven’t received any sort of official Press Release about any renewal. Fact of the matter is, it’s a cash cow that I am pretty sure is making both the licensor and licensee stinking rich. Why wouldn’t they want to continue? The only thing that could possibly sever the agreement is… I don’t know… leaked product information, maybe?

I’m just saying.

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:02 pm

They should make a Republic Commando battle pack too, with some trandos and the commandos themselves.
Heck, Lego should start spamming off of some of the video games, they could make the Canderous and Pulse Cannon tanks from EaW, the commandos from RC, a few more sets from TFU, and so on.

@Aoffan, the battle pack they should really do is a mandalorian pack. I know it's from the CW episodes, but it would be freakishly awesome to get four sets of helmets and jet packs in one $11 dollar set.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Sat May 01, 2010 2:02 pm

Ogel96 wrote:It's not the peach, it's the fact they won't let that franchise DIE!
I wholeheartedly agree. I have just about as many Stormtroopers and Jedi as one could possibly use. I need a new franchise to diversify my collection. Something with uniforms. Like Star Trek, maybe.

masterMISICK
Officer

Post by masterMISICK » Sat May 01, 2010 6:33 pm

just so you all know they might be making the last 3 books into films
so i think that in a couple of years they will start this all up again :cry: shame that they are going to kill such a good series not including 1, 2 and 3 number 5 was always my favorite
but i really like the first star wars game
also has any one played star wars battle filed brilliant game if they are going to make more games i think they should make a lego version of that with full character customization from all the movies it would make an awesome game
I like to look my enemy in the face through a high powered sniper rifle 2 miles away

Sorry for my boneriffic inability to spell.

Timedude
Snackist
Snackist

Post by Timedude » Sat May 01, 2010 7:11 pm

I'd like to see Lego make games for some of their original themes instead of just for their licensed lines. Lego Pirates or Agents or Space Police or something. Could be fun. I wonder how long it will be before they do that? Seems a natural step to me.... Course, that's like what Lego Universe is for, but that isn't the same kind of adventure game (that we know of). Thoughts?
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat May 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Well, they made Racers and the Rocker Raiders games and a whole bunch of other ones, they just haven't made any more recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lego_video_games

Timedude
Snackist
Snackist

Post by Timedude » Sat May 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Yeah, I know about those (there was even an Alpha Team one at one point), I just mean putting the Lego Star Wars / Lego Indy / Lego Batman / Lego Harry Potter style of gameplay to more generic Lego centric themes.

-TheSnackist
(Timedude)
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sat May 01, 2010 9:23 pm

I still have Lego Racers and Lego Chess for PC. Fun fun games, just hope I can find them someday. :?
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Sat May 01, 2010 10:27 pm

Timedude wrote:Yeah, I know about those (there was even an Alpha Team one at one point), I just mean putting the Lego Star Wars / Lego Indy / Lego Batman / Lego Harry Potter style of gameplay to more generic Lego centric themes.

-TheSnackist
(Timedude)
Lego Battles for the DS is like that, with Castle and Space armies (among others) facing in RTS battles. It looks decent.

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:34 pm

Paco the Duck Ninja wrote:
Timedude wrote:Yeah, I know about those (there was even an Alpha Team one at one point), I just mean putting the Lego Star Wars / Lego Indy / Lego Batman / Lego Harry Potter style of gameplay to more generic Lego centric themes.

-TheSnackist
(Timedude)
Lego Battles for the DS is like that, with Castle and Space armies (among others) facing in RTS battles. It looks decent.
I have that. It's an okay game, sort of a "my first RTS" type thing. The movies are hilarious, as usual, but you can't customize individual units, which is a downer :(
On the upside, it has Santa Clause!

Dertyyy
Hero

Post by Dertyyy » Sun May 02, 2010 8:54 am

it gets kinda boring after a while...
You are unique, just like everybody else.

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Yeah, eventually, but I think I got my money's worth :\
Good game, just zero replay value. Though I still enjoy the cutscenes, even after seeing them three or four times.