skeleton rules

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

masterMISICK
Officer

skeleton rules

Post by masterMISICK » Fri May 14, 2010 5:31 pm

sry to be bothering any one but is there any rules for skeletons and where can i find them
i have been playing skeletons as just normal figures for a long time now and i would like some new rules for them
I like to look my enemy in the face through a high powered sniper rifle 2 miles away

Sorry for my boneriffic inability to spell.

AdrianTheGeek
Cannon Fodder

Post by AdrianTheGeek » Sun May 16, 2010 12:22 am

:diy:
james+burgundy wrote:nice parts
james+burgundy wrote:Think you can get me the guys number
james+burgundy wrote:O I was hoping he'd stay at my place

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun May 16, 2010 3:19 am

I play them as normal minifigs too, and I don't see what else they would need.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun May 16, 2010 3:23 am

In a zombie style battle I give them low stats and low damage but when they mob they add to each others damage making it easier to rip enemy mini-figs apart.

In fantasy I would think normal stats but with a save bonus against stabbing melee, arrow and musket fire

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sun May 16, 2010 4:10 am

Yep, what Warhead said. Up until now I've given them +1 armour against arrow fire. If you can be bothered to keep track of it you could also give them less armour against blunt weapons and more against other types... Maybe not appropriate for everyone's armies but they suffer a penalty against magic attacks in my battles as well, since skeletons are animated and magic disturbs the spell that keeps them going. They also have -1 skill since they're supposed to be a bit wobbly, but I'm not sure whether or not I'm going through with this.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun May 16, 2010 6:44 am

I don't think they need to be wobbly, ever seen Jason and the Argonauts and the Golden Fleece and the Penguin? I'm not too sure the film title is accurate.

I don't recall them being wobbly or slow, in fact they were as fast and skilled as any man and harder to kill as you needed to smash their skulls. Of course they grew out the ground from the teeth of a slain hydra so maybe they are special.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sun May 16, 2010 6:50 am

Warhead wrote:I don't think they need to be wobbly, ever seen Jason and the Argonauts and the Golden Fleece and the Penguin? I'm not too sure the film title is accurate.

I don't recall them being wobbly or slow, in fact they were as fast and skilled as any man and harder to kill as you needed to smash their skulls. Of course they grew out the ground from the teeth of a slain hydra so maybe they are special.
I saw that in the cinema about 8 years ago.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:11 am

I think it's fun to say that any non-explosive attack on a skeleton, you flip a coin. On a heads, it hits, on a tails it misses and goes through the space between their bones.

Also, they should be able to Parry without a weapon.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sun May 16, 2010 10:50 am

In my opinion, zombies or skeletons or any undead counterparts should have are the following 4 abilities;
-Immunity, to poison, fire, and hazards has such.

-Cannibalize, allows mightier undead (with HP) to feed upon fallen corpses and heal themselves.

-Revival, any undead or corpse can by revived with presence and the power of greater evil, like necromancers, Chtulhu, devils, leeches etc... (also, if the undead/corpse had any armor/weapons with it, they are still equipped).

-Death Knight, heroes can also be revived by evil forces, in this case, they become Death Knights which are more trained then normal undead do their previous life has heroes. They are soul bounded to their weapon, which gives them the Soul Weapon aura. If they lose their weapon or its destroyed, the Death Knight is also destroyed.

PS: You must not forget that when undead come together, they become stronger, also, if they are under command of a necromancer/lich/evil entity, they are pretty much unstoppable.

Good enough? You can give whatever stats you want them to have, if you see that in a game they are to many or to powerful, reduce their stats or create rules that make the game harder to play for the undead.

Hope I helped

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun May 16, 2010 1:26 pm

So according to this discussion... either skeletons are an animated pile of bones, or they are super zombies.

Glad we cleared that one up. :P
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

masterMISICK
Officer

Post by masterMISICK » Sun May 16, 2010 2:35 pm

thanks for all the help and ideas just did not know if there were any rules before
I like to look my enemy in the face through a high powered sniper rifle 2 miles away

Sorry for my boneriffic inability to spell.

Coximind
Minifig

Post by Coximind » Mon May 17, 2010 6:32 am

BFenix wrote:-Death Knight, heroes can also be revived by evil forces, in this case, they become Death Knights which are more trained then normal undead do their previous life has heroes. They are soul bounded to their weapon, which gives them the Soul Weapon aura. If they lose their weapon or its destroyed, the Death Knight is also destroyed.
That sounds a lot like our Headless Horseman we were discussing earlier. Hm....
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
Bullshit.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Mon May 17, 2010 12:21 pm

I must delve into the Necronomicon... Er, I mean Warhammer Undead Army Book.

pancakeonions
Champion
Champion

Post by pancakeonions » Thu May 20, 2010 12:28 am

I like the idear of giving them "incompetent" (they never get bonus dice when they roll 6s) and one lower skill die, so they roll a d4 instead of a d6 for skill checks. And they cost 3CP instead of the 4CP most minifigs cost.

But mind you, these aren't your Jason and the Argonauts skeletons. These are patsies.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Thu May 20, 2010 12:13 pm

pancakeonions wrote: These are patsies.
I was not aware that skeleton warriors were all little girls named Patsy.