Skull Mountain: Turn 1

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Elmagnifico

Skull Mountain: Turn 1

Postby Zahru II » Thu May 27, 2010 7:55 am

Thanks for the swift and comprehensible messaging guys!
Note: I used manual fire at most of the shooters, for fun's sake. Let me know if you like that or hate it.

And now, something completely different:

Malekim's Horde, turn 1 (Warhead):

Malekim, the strategic genius he is, quickly rearranged his troops to a favorable position. He wasn't too hasty with advancing. 'Let them come closer' he said to himself, while he was observing his opponents.

After that, he ordered his glommox to fire at the imperials. Both scored a hit!

Unfortunately, the one which hit the cavalry failed to do any harm, but the other's blow was powerful enough to break and immobilize the ballista.

Finally, Malekim casted an unholy spell, which fortified his own skeletal warriors (buffing them with +2 armor, -1inch movement, indicated with a gray pip on both squads), making them stronger and more durable.

United Imperial Army, turn 1 (Bragallot):

Niol looked at the loathsome hordes of undead and noticed the orks as well. 'If dealing with Malekim wasn't hard enough' Niol said to himself. He looked at his fellow runekinghts, who were eager to action, but he saw that the regular knights were a bit afraid. 'Fear not, fair knights of the Realm! We shall show the true power of mankind today!', shouted Niol. This was enough to get their mood better (translates into a successful inspire feat, buffing the knights with +1 to all stats, indicated with a gray pip).

The cavalry began to march towards the undead, while the clerics disbanded to aid them.

This was the moment Malekim's ghoulish riders were waiting for. They began to charge, and so did the imperials, resulting in a massive joust (seriously doing the whole math for this was painful :) )

The massive clash of mounted warriors resulted in the loss of 1 human, and 2 undead. Rest locked in combat. The infrenus tried to intervene but couldn't reach close enough.

The clerics from behind cleansed the gas cloud of the glommox, and tried to buff the runeknights, but it failed.

Meanwhile, the infantry squads, led by Amphyre, the storm titan began to advance towards the orks.

THUNDAAA SLASH! yelled Amphyre as he performed a feat which resulted in lightning bolts stroming out of his fearsome blade. Yet it was only powerful enough to kill one ork.
Will this divide and conquer strategy work out well?

Kensai's warband (Theblackdog):

There was a grin on Kensai's face when they finally arrived. 'This will be hour of victory' he thought.

The battlewagon with the trolls and orkboys began to advance towards the undead.

The two Arrowboys managed to directly hit the newly generated toxic sphere of the glommox, causing it to explode. The glommox was damaged, losing a wheel, one gargoyle was damaged, losing 1 hp of his 2 (indicated with a pip), and 3 skeletons fell, but where reanimated by their officers response action.
The Gargoyles retaliated, but failed to cause harm.

Kensai with the rest of his army, began to advance towards the imperials, cautiously avoiding the dwarven war machine.
The brute tried to push the launcher a bit further, but only succeeded in pushing it an inch forward.

Finally, a pair of explosive bolts were fired into the fray, hitting an undead and an imperial rider.

These killed 2 undead riders, one human knight, and overkilled a horse.

So that was turn 1 hope you...

BUT WAIT!

The hill with the dwarven ornament on the far right side of the field opens...

It was a subterrain passage, from which the secret faction emerges: The Direwood Brigade! (gamey353)
'Okay lads, let's kick some ass!' said Arthel Wolfsbane.

So now it is really the end of turn 1. The fun has just begun... I await everyone's pms!

Here's on overview shot, what's happening now:

Please, besides text commands send me this pic too with some arrows mspainted on, represeting which unit goes where.
Last edited by Zahru II on Thu May 27, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby OneEye589 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:04 am

Very nice start! I really like how organized your armies are, as I've said before.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby BFenix » Thu May 27, 2010 8:14 am

So far so awesome! Keep it up
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Thu May 27, 2010 10:52 am

I'm enjoying this, I think I like fantasy games better than modern or futuristic games because of all the unit tactics. Great game.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Bragallot » Thu May 27, 2010 11:09 am

Yeah, well at least it's the case if there's enough versality, which this battle has.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
Silent-sigfig wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:Colette, why have they all got soup stains on they're coats

One characteristic of nerds is lack of hygiene
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby BFenix » Thu May 27, 2010 11:21 am

Warhead wrote:I'm enjoying this, I think I like fantasy games better than modern or futuristic games because of all the unit tactics. Great game.

Well thats like the fight between WH40k and WHFantasy... I consider both styles to require tactical and strategic thinking... usually future based games are faster
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Return to Forum Battles