Tools of war, from moronstudios.

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Tools of war, from moronstudios.

Post by Moronstudios » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:01 pm

Hello, :) I would like to show you some of the tools that we plan to use:
http://www.freewebs.com/moronstudios/ourtoolsofwar.htm

So far we have
Juggernaut cannon, SMG
And we would like to hear what you think. :?:

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:36 am

Finally, an unlimited ammo explosive weapon and the start of a Decent Auto System (DAS)

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:49 am

The 2001 auto-fire rules were indecent? Now I don't even want to ask what weapon you were using.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:58 am

i had a decent auto-fire system... kindof. XD.

this one's <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> simpler, which is probably better, but i'm still in love with the fact that my heavy machineguns could theoretically fire up to 10 shots, regardless of the fact that it was wildly innacurate

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Nice variety of weapons there. And yes, the auto-fire rule for the SMG is pretty solid. But with a UR of 5 and only 2 shots, there's a good chance of missing completely.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:00 am

Nice weapons there, mate :)
I just have few questions and suggestions:

Does Juggernaut cannon need bought explosives for ammo, or does the weapon itself iclude the ammo?

Why the SMG costs 5 CP? It's as expensive as a rifle, and the automatic fire is so difficult, that it's hard to hit anything except giant warehouse or war-mecha. I would either drop the cost to 4 CP or drop the automatic fire UR to 4, or perhaps both.

And for the unlimited ammo explosive weapon EvilTobbaconist talked about, me and my friends have developed Artillery class, which is between Explosives and Long-Ranged Weapons. I can get the stats, if you want to see them.
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:32 am

The Juggernaut cannon includes the ammo
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:57 pm

I do indeed what to see the stats for the 'Artillery class'. More boomsticks, the better.
If your gonna walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:12 pm

EvilTobbacconist wrote:I do indeed what to see the stats for the 'Artillery class'. More boomsticks, the better.
Here you go, mate. Feel free to use it or make it better.

ARTILLERY
Cost: 5x (I thought to maybe make it 4x)
Use: 4x
Range: 8x"
Damage: xd8 explosion
Notes: Explosion radius x"

So Artillery Size 1 would have: cost 5 or 4 CP; UR 4; Range 8"; Damage 1d8 exp; exp radius 1".

That's about it. We haven't used it too much, so it's not tested to be good yet. Basically it's a mix between a gun and a grenade launcher. And yes, cost includes unlimited ammo.

EDIT: Range edited, it should be right now.
Last edited by Houndis on Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Terapia
<><

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:20 pm

SMG daul shot use changed to 4
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:40 pm

Houndis wrote:
EvilTobbacconist wrote:I do indeed what to see the stats for the 'Artillery class'. More boomsticks, the better.

ARTILLERY
Range: 8"

So Artillery Size 1 would have: cost 5 or 4 CP; UR 4; Range 8"; Damage 1d8 exp; exp radius 1".

That's about it. We haven't used it too much, so it's not tested to be good yet. Basically it's a mix between a gun and a grenade launcher. And yes, cost includes unlimited ammo.
only 8" range? did you mean 8x"? artillery is meant as indirect fire support. As in, massive range but low accuracy. it's got big enough blasts that hopefully SOMETHING gets hit, but accurate kill-shots aren't part of the plan.

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:54 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Houndis wrote:

ARTILLERY
Range: 8"

only 8" range? did you mean 8x"? artillery is meant as indirect fire support. As in, massive range but low accuracy. it's got big enough blasts that hopefully SOMETHING gets hit, but accurate kill-shots aren't part of the plan.
Oh yes, good thing you noticed. It truly is 8x", I'll have to edit it.
And I'm well aware of the true nature of artillery, but we though that works quite well. But, as I said, it's still under progress, so if you have an idea, please tell it.
~Terapia
<><

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:13 pm

ok, well for starters, explosions always have a diameter of 2" per die used. 2d10 explosion is 4 inches wide, a 5d10 explosion is 10" etc. damage is concentrated in the center, and loses one die for every 2" out you go. actually now i forget if the explosion has a diameter or radius of 2" per die used.

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:21 pm

IVhorseman wrote:ok, well for starters, explosions always have a diameter of 2" per die used. 2d10 explosion is 4 inches wide, a 5d10 explosion is 10" etc. damage is concentrated in the center, and loses one die for every 2" out you go. actually now i forget if the explosion has a diameter or radius of 2" per die used.
That's the point. We wanted to make something, which is BETWEEN gun and explosive, and that's why so small radius. Maybe Artillery isn't the best name for it, but does it really matter that much? I'll have to admit that smaller damage on the edges is good idea, now I just wonder why none us four never came up with that.
~Terapia
<><