Almost Thirty

Elevated-in-age discourse for people who know how to spell and don't live with their moms.

Moderator: Tzan

Almost Thirty

Postby Rayhawk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:09 am

The Almost Thirty forum is set aside for people desirous of a more grown-up and reasoned standard of discourse than that which might be observed in other areas of the site.

Although titled 'Almost Thirty,' entrance requirements have been arbitrarily set at Not Living With Your Mom, rather than at any specific numeric age.

Note that this is not a private forum, and unregistered or underindependent users can still read everything written here even if they can't post. So don't be posting brick pr0n until such time as I see fit to create a fully-private Olds-Only forum.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Re: Almost Thirty

Postby Aliencat » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:12 am

Rayhawk wrote:Note that this is not a private forum, and unregistered or underindependent users can still read everything written here even if they can't post. So don't be posting brick pr0n until such time as I see fit to create a fully-private Olds-Only forum.

Hehe, even if you get to the point of blocking this place from underindependants, I don't think I'll ever lower myself to brick pr0n...
TROLOLO
Aliencat
Demi-God of BrikWars

Postby Almighty Benny » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:03 am

on the contrary, I feel that Brick pr0n is far too classy for my tastes. At this point in time, it's fine if I post here as I'm not currently living with my mom. I promise I won't post over the vacations though...
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Tzan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:27 am

So don't be posting brick pr0n

Now that I have my very own 3D minifig model... the thought had crossed my mind :) Nothing really bad, very tasteful.

Although I may just work on some hair and a beard to make myself into a minifig and use that as an avatar.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Foggy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:26 pm

So this what that email was all about...
So...what should we, "mature adults", post in this place?
"We're not here for story time people, lets talk about all the sexy violence!"
-Yahtzee
TROLOLO
Foggy
Officer

Postby Rayhawk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:31 pm

I have no idea. I suspect that it'll get used for cross-postings from other forums mostly. Like when the debate between Scrat and Hammy starts to get too juvenile, somebody will cross-post it over here so that we can discuss it seriously without sophomoric interruptions.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Tzan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:19 pm

I was one of the few who voted for Hammy. I like Steve Carell, the voice of Hammy. So one day when I meet him I'll have an icebreaker.

"Hi Steve, I voted for you're eloquent portrayal of Hammy on a Lego related gaming forum".

Should be worth a beer I think :)
Tzan
Pooplord

Boob cake

Postby Almighty Benny » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:49 am

I'm trying to make a cake shaped like boobs for my girlfriend's birthday, and I can't think of the best color icing. nor do I have any baking experience whatsoever. Any tips/ideas/suggestions? I have until Friday night.

P.S. It's going to say "breast wishes" spelled out in a different color icing.

P.P.S. I'll probably have one of <a href="http://nerdapproved.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/booby-cake-pan.jpg">these</A> by tomorrow. One way or another I'll post pictures of how it turns out if anyone is interested.
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Re: Boob cake

Postby G2 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:54 am

Almighty Benny wrote:I'm trying to make a cake shaped like boobs for my girlfriend's birthday, ...Any tips/ideas/suggestions?

My advice is Don't Do It :!:
I don't know what sort of relationship you have with your girlfriend, but I am sure a Breast Shaped cake may not be the best cake idea. I would suggest, going out and buying her a NICE cake. I think a cake of this nature would be best suited to give to a male than a female.

But that is just my opinion, you do what you want. 8)
G2
Hero

Postby Almighty Benny » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:06 pm

Ordinarily I would agree with you that it's a bad idea, but you haven't met my girlfriend. She would find it even funnier than I would.
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Pvt Expendable » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:35 pm

Er

#1 Im with G2 if you like your girlfriend, nice cake, surprise party, cool gift,. something romantic

If you don't like your girlfriend the cake and a bottle of baby oil maybey,... duunno your girlfriend

#2 anyone seen you only lego twice where they got james bong and he takes out a day trader?
Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Postby Almighty Benny » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:27 am

ah, I see the confusion. Yes, there will in fact be a nice, romantic evening with just the two of us, but we're talking Friday night at one of the biggest party schools in the country. This is a legit surprise party for both my girlfriend and my friend's girlfriend (their birthdays are both this weekend) with lots of people, so the cake is really just a gag. I know it sounds weird, but I know her very well and she will definitely like it.
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Almighty Benny » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:25 pm

FYI the cake came out great and everyone loved it. I didn't bring my camera which turned out to be a good thing (or a bad thing if you are a fan of gratuitous nudity), but my friend got pictures on his phone so there's still hope.
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby 501stCadians » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:50 pm

The Guess Who is here!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guess_Who

Canada is awesome!
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby Warhead » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Get to the farthest corner of shitdom, you're 10 you are no where near 30
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Next

Return to Beer