America-----*warning: politics*

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

America-----*warning: politics*

Postby piltogg » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:59 pm

so, it's supposed to be the land of the free, but it seems lie it inadvertently ended up far more totalitarian than actual totalitarian governments generally are. Certainly, it's not likely that you will be killed for not following the rules, but you can be economically fucked over for just about anything. Likely due to huge-ass amounts of corruption in every level of society, and really vague laws which can be interpreted to mean pretty much whatever you want it to, as well as the mob-mentality associated with the combined aspects of democracy and capitalism in one society and the vast spans of red tape blooming from the thousand s of government organisations, each with their own agenda. End result of all this bullshit.... we are completely fucked over by any slight deviance from societal norms. In addition, The very nature of most american jobs is highly repetitive, making everyday life very drone-like and monotonous. Well.... rant over I guess, I have more things Im pissed off about, but I wont bore you with them yet. anybody else seeing this kind of thing going on, or am I just overly thinking about stuff?
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby GrafZeppelin » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:05 pm

piltogg: read Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut. It will answer all.
derp
GrafZeppelin
Hero

Postby dilanski » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:14 pm

America: Land of the Mega-Monopolies.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby AdrianTheGeek » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Ok, obviously America is a shitty country. I live in Arizona and I hate it. Sooooo many Mexicans. Oh and Obama is planning on sueing us. Isn't that wonderful? Thank you. As if our economy wasn't shitty enough.
Does james+burgundy love men? I'll let you decide.
james+burgundy wrote:nice parts
james+burgundy wrote:Think you can get me the guys number
james+burgundy wrote:O I was hoping he'd stay at my place
AdrianTheGeek
Cannon Fodder

Postby Warhead » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Britain is right beside you on the same slippery slope, what ever a corporate whore comes up with for a short term gain in your country is repeated in ours a few years after even when it's become apparent that it isn't a good idea in the long term. We are no longer a democracy we are a capitalist state just like America. Society is now a twisted lie and we are now farmed as cash cows for corporate gain.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby 501stCadians » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:58 pm

Not again.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby stubby » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:05 pm

piltogg wrote:End result of all this bullshit.... we are completely fucked over by any slight deviance from societal norms. In addition, The very nature of most american jobs is highly repetitive, making everyday life very drone-like and monotonous.

Most of what I think you're complaining about depends on where you live. I've spent some time in both Minnesota and Arizona, and those things are definitely true in those two states. But those two states are also the ass-end of the middle of nowhere. The only states boondocksier than you two are like, North Dakota and maybe New Mexico.

But everywhere else where there's a little more economic opportunity, things are just about as free as you please. I don't think the west coast even has societal norms.

You're only stuck in a monotonous job if that's what you're willing to be satisfied with. I've never seen any lack of opportunities out there for the ambitious and entrepreneurially-minded - it's just that the school system beats the independent spirit out of most people and so they don't even try. If monotony is something you want to avoid, there's nothing stopping you from creating your own alternative. I did for years, before getting lazy and settling down.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby piltogg » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:15 pm

I suppose there is a possibility of that, and I plan on going to college in north Dakota, so more of teh suck. My resolve to move to Austria as soon as I have the funds is still very high though. (because it's like Germany only without the permanent emotional scars from WWII which bleed out liberal bullshit.) :roll:
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Wait, you're criticizing people for attacking people who don't meet societal norms, but you hate people who are attracted to the same sex? Seems like someone's being a bit hypocritical.

Any government that's going to get anywhere for a long period of time can't be a total democracy. It just doesn't work well enough for a long time and it's totally unrealistic for it to be that way. People need to be led and it won't work if they all try to lead themselves.

Personally, I don't think the laws of the United States are hard to follow. What's so hard about not doing the things people get arrested or go to jail for? If you're following the rules, or at least being smart about breaking them, you'll be totally fine.

The United States isn't really worse than a lot of other countries. It's just the only place you've been and had experience with, and you're only like 12, so you haven't really had much experience with it anyway.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby piltogg » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:35 pm

way to much incorrect information in there, so I'm not going to even try to correct you.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:43 pm

What's the point of the thread if you aren't gonna talk about it?
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:50 pm

GrafZeppelin wrote:piltogg: read Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut. It will answer all.

This. Read it, even if for the amusing drawings (it has beavers).
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Zahru II » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:44 am

Silverdream wrote:You should come to Canada.

I will, beware :twisted:
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Warhead » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:40 am

OneEye589 wrote:
Personally, I don't think the laws of the United States are hard to follow. What's so hard about not doing the things people get arrested or go to jail for? If you're following the rules, or at least being smart about breaking them, you'll be totally fine.

What about those kids who were jailed in your fine country for very small misdemeanours like Web Paging insults of their Head Teacher on Facebook or whatever and then being jailed because the state paid the CORPORATION who ran the system to keep young offenders. Or haven't you seen Michael Moore Capitalism yet. Wakey wakey!

I agree that their must be a ballance of power but there is NONE now. The Corporations own your (our) Government and by default us and at some point our children too.
In my new line of work, you as a prospective applicant for a job, are more likely to have your employer informed of your past record for things like using mobile phones while driving (driving jobs only) or taking cannabis than you are for having been involved in a major crime... why? Because those offences are more numerous and the Police get paid by the case. We make money (conflict of interest? HELLO!). The Police are told to go out and find these types of offences for the same reason, you can't get ticks on your Personal Development assessment without getting these arrests. So, we are actively targeting money making (for the Police coffers) crimes, while the real crimes..? You know, those things the Police are there to prevent, are being given a token effort. It's not the full story and only refers to here but you get the idea.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:54 am

Yes, I realize all that. Like I said, I don't think those petty crimes are hard NOT to do. I understand the whole "free speech means I can say whatever I want" deal, but people need to wake up and just realize that it has boundaries and you still need to be smart about it.

Also, this is in response to Piltogg saying that America is going down the crapper because of these things. These things happen EVERYWHERE. There's no reason just to say that America sucks because you get in trouble for anything when he hasn't even been out of the country for any length of time to see that's how it is everywhere in the world.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Next

Return to General Discussion