Spicing up an Assault

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

HeartOfDarkness
Champion
Champion

Spicing up an Assault

Post by HeartOfDarkness » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:20 pm

Here's the deal. My brother and I are having a pretty straightforward game; I'm in control of the Aquabase, he's trying to capture it. How could I make things more hectic? I'm talking about sudden twists, hidden objectives, and spontaneous explosions. What zany stuff can you guys come up with? (I'm too smart and orderly to think of anything truly crazy.)

Foggy
Officer

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:55 pm

Nothing spells random like playing on the floor with multiple pets. No one is allowed to touch the pets.

Best done with small pets though, no need to have half a ton of dog stand on something thin.
"We're not here for story time people, lets talk about all the sexy violence!"
-Yahtzee

Matt
Officer

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Mine fields! any minifig walking through hast to roll thier skill and on anything below a four they go KABOOOOMM!!!! :twisted:
"One can never have enough miniguns my friend."
I hope I get to say that Someday.....
My Flickr
http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vi ... &ref=flink

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Matt wrote:Mine fields! any minifig walking through hast to roll thier skill and on anything below a four they go KABOOOOMM!!!! :twisted:
traditionally, minefields worked differently: minifigs can walk as far as they want per turn through a minefield. they then roll 1d6, and if the number is lower than how far they went in inches, boom!

EDIT: oh right. helpful information. i'd just recommend lots of rocks and crap for cover. you can't go wrong there.

youaredoome0
Hero

Post by youaredoome0 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:16 am

Load the Aquabase with hidden bombs and traps, also, playing with large vehicles always makes things interesting.

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:25 am

Make it have silly rules like the base is so deep that people keep getting Narcosis,... its the same as the martini priciple every 33 feet is equal to 1 atmospher or drinking a Martini,... So say that they get "drunk" a little every turn and have stupid drunk decisions table,

stuff like,.... hey lets shoot my buddy
or hey im bullet proof,... charge
or say thats a cute lamprey,... ill got get her phone number

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Ah yes, the incredible Ker-Drunk table.

anyway...

Add A: a dragon with her cave and hoard. B: two young dragons. and C: a herd of horses.

If anyminifig gets close to the dragons hoard, they get broasted. To make minifigs go for the hoard, the hoard gives you extra points. If you go ner the draglets, the mother roats you. if you go near the dragon's food(the horses) you get toasted. Also, draglets and horses want to go near people, so that's another threat. However, while the dragon is killing people away from her cave, you coulg go get the treasure.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Post by Tiny Tank Rannon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:46 pm

Mechs! they add fun and insanity to everything!

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:19 pm

Kamakaze tanks!
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:03 pm

ok , ok,... hold on

drunk kamakaze dragon tanks with sharks strapped to them

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:43 am

Look, do as i did in my last Brikwars game:

1-Put SW battle droids as "traps", so they kill everyone.
2-Once three BDs are shot, build a ring with their bodies.
3-At the end of each turn (of any player), the ring goes to the crowdiest place in the battle field and everyone inside the ring gets a 3d6 damage
4-When more BDs are shot, add them to the ring. When all the BDs are dead, the ring will continue to kill people untill all troops are dead.
5-The ring CAN'T be destroyed.

When i used that rule, eh eh eh, from the 15 survivors, only 5 escaped the battlefield. They could have been all killed, if they weren't too close of the spaceship that evacuated them.

Use the DDR (Dead Droids Ring), it is a hell of a fun!
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Post by Tiny Tank Rannon » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Here's on: big daddies. big super soldier monster people that protect certain defenceless and invincible minifigs. if you piss of the big daddy (by attacking it or it's protecty or mooning it) it starts attacking you until dead.

It's fun for everyone! or Civilian mechs, and make it a little objective to give the civilian mechs weapons.

HeartOfDarkness
Champion
Champion

Post by HeartOfDarkness » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Well, we're right in the middle of the game, and it's been really fun. I stuffed a ravine full of electric fences and mines, and my brother made it his first line of defense. Fortunately, I was able to take it by storm after suffering heavy casualties. My snipers took down several QuikBikes, and a turret was de-piloted twice, but not before it converted my Hero into several ex-Hero gobs of plastic. A mech, a truck, an Assault Rowboat, and several Quikbikes have exploded so far.

At the moment, I've sent a task force to occupy the bridge, and they're going to storm the base as soon as backup arrives. I only have about half a vehicle left, which is essentially acting as a moving shield for my heavy troops. I have a sniper in a pillbox who's keeping the large turret empty, but it would only take one shot to sweep my assault team off the bridge.

Needless to say, things are getting tense.

Gladius
Champion
Champion

Post by Gladius » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:08 pm

Heh, I have this problem too.

Generally the best thing I found to get some craziness flowing is to make your hero attempt to kill more than 4 people in a single maneuver that involves explosions.

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Post by feuer_faust » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:36 pm

Nothing like adding a violent, mixed up creature to the mix. Players roll off to see who controls it each turn, and hilarity ensues!
It's a secret to everybody.