Newbie Questions

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Newbie Questions

Postby Hoboman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:38 pm

Hello I have a few questions and would like to get your input on them.

1) As we have looked at the forum I see a lot of "customization". How is using something from the box seen?

2) Clearly there is a feeling against "megablock" or others on the part of some. Is it bad all the time? What if I had a Halo Gun, would that bug people?

3) Do vehicles always have to have minifigs in them? Can I make a tank and just say a crew is inside?

4) If I see something a person does and make something simular, when do I give credit and when do I just show it?

5) What is the "scales" of the space ships? I have seen minifig scale and at least one smaller scale. Is it just two?

Thanks for helping me as I try and fit into this new world. :D
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby Tzan » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:57 pm

1. Not sure what you mean, "from the box" ?

2. Mike's avatar has megabolcks on it. If you find that something like this bugs a person, keep doing it :)

3. No its not mandatory, but its good form anyway, If it bugs someone keep doing it.

4. Its up to you, you could always say its based on a design by ... If it bugs someone that you didnt give credit, then start posting other peoples images and claim 100% credit :)

I think all this advice is awesome and you should use it as a guiding principal on these forums.
Tzan
Pooplord

Re: Newbie Questions

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Daniel wrote:Hello I have a few questions and would like to get your input on them.

1) As we have looked at the forum I see a lot of "customization". How is using something from the box seen?

2) Clearly there is a feeling against "megablock" or others on the part of some. Is it bad all the time? What if I had a Halo Gun, would that bug people?

3) Do vehicles always have to have minifigs in them? Can I make a tank and just say a crew is inside?

4) If I see something a person does and make something simular, when do I give credit and when do I just show it?

5) What is the "scales" of the space ships? I have seen minifig scale and at least one smaller scale. Is it just two?

1)Using something out of the box is ok but try not to get into a habit of it.

2) If you have a bunch of megablocks and not a lot of Lego then go ahead and use them, just don't get any more.

3)Not if they're robots!

4) Just say "hey, I'm stealing this X and then if you post a creation that uses it say "Hey, I made this but X is inspired by X"

5) There is no true scale we judge ships on like Bonn-o-Tron. Minifig scale is a ship that can fit minifigs and has a bridge, engineering, etc. Micro scale is tiny and a Minifig lever is a big laser cannon on it. WarHead scale is a little larger than that.

Hope that helps.
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil

Re: Newbie Questions

Postby Arkbrik » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Daniel wrote:Hello I have a few questions and would like to get your input on them.

1) The older the set is, the cooler it is. Also gets cooler if you use sets that nobody else is using (ie, not using Star Wars Clonetroopers).

2) As long as the fig wielding it is unsympathetic it's OK.

3) Not necessary as long as you build some crewfigs to tear apart and sprinkle around the tank when it inevitably blows up.

4) If you steal it from someone on this forum, say who you stole it from. Otherwise just say "I saw this on Brothers Brick".

5) Build in minifig scale, it's way cooler.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Elmagnifico » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:19 pm

The link in my signature will enlighten you on any forum tropes these good people have missed.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Killer Karetsu » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:39 am

umm doesn't these lists always start on a 6? Or am I wrong?
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Postby Hoboman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:13 pm

Killer Karetsu wrote:umm doesn't these lists always start on a 6? Or am I wrong?

Forgive the newbie. Now that I have read the link on Elmagnifico's signature I will start any future lists with 6. :wink:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby pesgores » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:10 am

Daniel wrote:
Killer Karetsu wrote:umm doesn't these lists always start on a 6? Or am I wrong?

Forgive the newbie. Now that I have read the link on Elmagnifico's signature I will start any future lists with 6. :wink:

The harm has been done already.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Return to General Discussion