Paired Weapons

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:35 am

IVhorseman wrote:alright, i thought about how paired targeting ability would work and i figured it out.

all minifigs firing the weapon roll their skill. use whichever die comes up highest, and add +1 for every minifig helping (regardless of class).

EXAMPLE: bob and bill, and want to fire the siege gun at dave, but it has a UR of eight. bob and bill both agree that they equally hate dave, and would like to work together to kill him. so, they both help eachother fire the siege gun, with bob sitting at the gunner's chair, and bill helping aim. both of them roll their skill: bob rolls a 4 and bill rolls a 6, followed by a bonus 1. since bill's roll of 7 is higher, they use his skill to hit. since bob helped, they can add +1 to this value, reaching 8, the UR of the gun.
I like this but where did that bonus come from (see red in your post)? My rule for this is that all helping minifig's trow there skill roll and you take the half of that and that's the bonus you get. and when you trow a 3 or 5 incase of a minifig, you alway's round the number off to the middle so 3 or 5 will become 2.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:51 am

if you ever roll a 6 on a 1d6, you can roll a bonus 1d6. in the example, he rolled a 6, followed by a 1.

youaredoome0
Hero

Post by youaredoome0 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:12 am

Can simple creatures use two weapons in one turn if it's within their behavior or do you have to purchase multidexterity? Do simple creatures get automatic hits?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:42 pm

multidexterity, and no.

youaredoome0
Hero

Post by youaredoome0 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:15 am

How do you determine if a Simple Creature is able to hit their target?

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:07 pm

Roll the skill...
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:55 pm

youaredoome0 wrote:How do you determine if a Simple Creature is able to hit their target?
Same as any other weapon. If it's a CC weapon (like a bite), it has to be able to touch the target. If it's a ranged weapon, get out the measuring tape.

I think a Simple Creature can get an automatic hit in any situation that a minifig would. I can't imagine a horse trying to bite some grass and missing.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:09 am

well, the horse could be drunk..
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes