BrikLands: A Supplement.

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

What do you think?

Good
58%
Bad
33%
ADD MY SUGGESTION
8%

Total votes: 12

Ogel96
Dimmy

BrikLands: A Supplement.

Post by Ogel96 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:12 pm

As some of you have already seen, I have been working on and playtesting a supplement to Brikwars. It's a microscale version, the Brikspace of ground, sea, or air wars. I call it:
BrikLands

The core mechanics of this game are similar. You move, attack, and try to annihalate the enemy. However, a new mechanic is introduced:
The Rule of Three:
Everything goes up to three levels. There can be higher, but everything can go up to three. The levels are refered to as Basic, Advanced, and Great.

Scale: SIZE don't MEAN SHIT!

Base Units (I need cards to be made):
Basic Unit: Can attack in four stud radius. 4 studs move. 1d6 skill. Cost: 3 RP.
Advanced Unit:Can attack in 5 stud radius. 7 studs move. 1d6+1 skill. Cost: 5 RP
Great Unit:Can attack in 6 stud radius. 11 studs move. 1d6+3 skill. Cost: 9 RP
Advanced Creation, L1:Can attack in 2 stud radius. 5 studs move. 1d6+1 skill. Cost: 7 RP. (3 points available for distribution. You Name it and design it.)
Great Creation, L1:Can attack in 4 stud radius. 10 studs move. 2d6 skill. Cost: 12 RP. (6 points available for distribution. You Name it and design it.)
Great Creation, L2:Can attack in 7 stud radius. 15 studs move. 2d6+3 skill. Cost: 30 RP. (12 points available for distribution. You Name it and design it.)

If you wish for more Unit types, invent them. To heighten a basic unit to an unshown level, Double CP cost and distribution points, then add one to each stat.

Damage
Damage is dealt by weapon type.
Tier 1: 1d6 damage. Machineguns, blasters, etc
Tier 2: 2d6 damage. Grenades, Turrets, Basic Canons.
Tier 3: 4d6 damage. Huge Canons, Specials.
Tier 4: Mega-Weapon. can only be put on a creation of at least tier four, and must have at least 4*4*2 space for charge, gun length up to one's own decision. A success instantly kills Basic Tier creations, and does 1/tier damage of creation.
Tier 5: Epic weapons. There are rumors that some empires posses weapons capable of decimating entire battlefields at once...

Damage is as follows: Take off pieces equal to 1/2 the damage. If transportation method is lost, it cannot move. If weapons are lost, it cannot attack. If all armor is lost, 1 damage for every inch kills the people manning that part.

The Map: The map may be whatever size you wish. It is reccomended that you use smaller maps for Destroyer's Game, and larger for Build Wars.

There are two basic Versions. Destroyer's Game, and Build Wars.

Destroyer's Game:
In this, your units are predetermined, as is the field. Things may only be destroyed, not built. It is as a normal Brikwar, with the main goal being annihalation, and more goals possible. An important part: It is your choice whether fair or fun. Resource Points may match or be unequal, as to the player's own liking. A destroyer's game is short, and to the point. Buildings in this kind of game should have insides, as upgrade areas, random armor pieces, and tiny 1 stud civies TO BE SQUASHED LIKE THE GRAPES!.

Build Wars:
This version relies heavily on resources. What is a resource? A picked up, or building gathered kind of money.
What symbolizes a resource? Whatever 1-stud item you wish to use (You'll need quite a few.)
Build Wars uses Buildings. You build something as a level one, then upgrade to greater levels. A built building is limited to level three, but a preset building can go to epic level: 10.
For example, a mine (resource gatherer) can be built to get two resource points a turn. However, there can be Epic mines on the map that, once a man is sacrificed to take it, produce 20 resource points a turn.
The Building Types have vague names. This is to let you decide how you wish to name them (I.E. a resource
Building Types:
Base: Put down for free in a game. It produces one resource a turn. From it can be created any Basic unit (so...Warrior)
Base, L2: Costs 6 RP. Allows base to produce 3 resources a turn, and produce Advanced units.
Base, L3: Costs 15 RP. Allows Production of Great units, and Research Building. Produces 7 resources a turn.
Resource Gatherer: Cost:3 Creates 2 resources per turn
To level it up, double both stats.
Research Building: Level units up to epic levels. Costs 7 RP. Once created allows level four units. Costs 3 to upgrade and unlock a new level.
Special Building: Allows the building of ____ Units. Costs 10 to make. Unit costs 3 RP plus an addtional 3 RP per level.
Obstacles:
They include Rivers, Empty Space, and Other Crap. An obstacle crosser can be built for 2 and spans 8 spaces. Flying or hovering units don't have to give a shit.

Changed: Minifgis Removed. Yes, I know this is a necro but I was at camp.
Last edited by Ogel96 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:39 pm

I've been thinking about microscale lately. Everything's exactly the same except that you pick an amount of studs and that is now equal to an inch. Therefore, for your thing, a minifigure would be a stud and equivalent to an inch. Just change every instance of "inch" in the rulebook to "stud."

Ogel96
Dimmy

Post by Ogel96 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:06 pm

You live up to your title well. The rules are more than just that, I've only just begun to enter them.
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:46 pm

I like Brikwars. I don't see why it needs to be more complicated and an entirely different game, exactly how I feel about Brikspace.

Lt. Krus
Dimmy

Post by Lt. Krus » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Fuck microspace figs. Sorry. Why do you need to ruin egular brikwars and blood and fire and peach genoside?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Can't Imagine?.. Ok, well picture if you a futuristic battle of Kursk like proportions, no one can afford to make or field or fit on a table that amount of awesome. Only, now you can. I don't agree with Mini-Figs being present in this scale, the reason being that these aren't tanks or machines but colossal super heavy tanks and machines, like Armour Cores and stuff.

None of this stuff is mine.

Now, CAN you Imagine?

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:55 pm

I have been thinking of making microscale version of Brikwars for a while now, damn you for taking the idea :P
I still might show off my version, its more like, Epic Armageddon based...

Your rules and units seems balanced, technically it sounds pretty good, now you gotta test it till your so sick of it you would wish to suicide! Thats how to test stuff!

one thing though, I don't really like the name :?

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Lt. Krus wrote:Fuck microspace figs. Sorry. Why do you need to ruin egular brikwars and blood and fire and peach genoside?
Warhead quite said it all, but with this kind of combat and building system you can field things would be impossible (unless your rich) to build in minifig scale, bringing things to a upper level of epic proportions. Its like Brikspace, microscale space battles... Do you think you could mass a SHIP armada? Yeah, thats what I thought

Ogel96
Dimmy

Post by Ogel96 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:45 pm

@ Neighsayers: Eveyone is entitiled to their own opinion. It just so happens that yours is wrong.
@ Warhead: Don't wanna field minifigs? Then up the combat tier one step. Move everything down one level, and remove minifigs. This is meant to be able to be adapted to any age, and I found that minifigs are necessary for the medievil ones.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Exactly Ogle, I see it as steps also.

1) Mini-Figs and a few vehicles, normal Brikwars style.
1a) Mini-Fig Scale Space Battles with ships and vehicles normal Brikwars style.
2) Micro-Scale Ground War with hordes of tanks and machines instead of Mini-Figs.
2a) Micro-Scale Space War with fleets or at least Squadrons of Ships and hosts of small craft.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:34 pm

And don't forget massive medieval style battles! Where mini-figs should be the prima dona! That would be quite interesting, like the Battle of the Five Armies!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:48 pm

I'm sorry but for those battles I would stay with Mini-Figs, even if it was a pain in the pocket.

Lt. Krus
Dimmy

Post by Lt. Krus » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 pm

You know? I now love this idea. Pure machine battles? HELL YEAH!

Ogel96
Dimmy

Post by Ogel96 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:16 pm

That's a big part of it. I'm trying to make it so that it fits most peoples wants. To make it all machine, all you have to do is say you're not gonna use the minifig "Warrior" stats, and you can make all the special units bumped up figs itf you want. The only thing, Warhead, is that many of us don't have that kind of money to blow.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:19 am

One thing: When the Warriors get more powerful their attack range also increases. Why?