Firefly Run Turn 1

They're all the rage

Moderators: Elmagnifico, BrickSyd

Firefly Run Turn 1

Postby Elmagnifico » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:17 pm

[DIRK WINTERS]

Dirk got the party started by attempting to drop some caltrops behind him to shake the persuit.

CRITICAL SUCCESS!

Weapon unlocked: CLAYMORE MINES

The mines were scattered behind Dirk, creating a dangerous hazard for anybody trying to catch him.

[Krimson Karavan]

The Krimson Karavan, irate at the lack of blood thus far in the battle, decided to attack the Road Warriors.

They boosted up behind the Road Warrior's trike...

...and buzzsaw'd it into scrap metal!

True to orders, the Krimson Krony nearest the Road Warriors dropped his machine gun in favor of his pickaxe.

He then jumped onto the Road Warrior's turret.

Captain then tried to draw a pistol to defend himself, but fumbled the skill roll, and the shot went wild, sending the pistol soaring off into the blue.

Last edited by Elmagnifico on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Elmagnifico » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Left defenseless under the melee' attack of a Krimson Krony, things looked black for Captain.

That is, until the Krony flubbed the skill roll, thus missing Captain with the lethal bit of the weapon.

The other Krimson Krony, unable to find space to board the Road Warrior's death car, shot it with a grappling hook instead to prevent the vehicle's escape.

The gunner and Maxim then fired on Trident Co.!

Von Brag's grenade launcher shot was right on target.

The resulting explosion scattered Trident Co. grunts far and wide, despite barely fazing Jericho and the Plasma Fury.

One of the grunts was thrown clear off the vehicle,

but the others managed to recover before they suffered the same fate.

This grunt was thrown off, but he landed on the landkrusher's massive plow instead of the ground, none the worse for wear.

The Karavan's victory cheer was cut short by the Kannon backfiring and sending the Kannoneer flying.

Prosthetica, Von Brag's cyborg assistant/paramour, took a flying leap onto the Road Warrior's battle truck, and killed Slyboots the Sniper in mid flight.

READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Elmagnifico » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:05 pm

[Road Warriors]

Micah the gunner, who was always rather fond of Slyboots, draws her sword.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM, YOU BITCH!"

And stabs Prosthetica through the stomach.

The rest of the Road Warriors took their turn later. I'm off for my evening walk, and then I'll post the rest of this turn.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Elmagnifico » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:18 pm

Trident Co.

The landkrusher sidles up alongside the Krimson Karavan...

And Jericho leaps across the gap, his Techo-Squash Electrobat sizzling!

He then smites Von Brag with it! Von Brag is down a hitpoint. (All heroes have two in my houserules.)

The Plasma Fury and the Grunt make the Karavan an offer they can't refuse!

Which results in the Krony's head asploding.

The lazor misses Dirk by a foot or so, while Jericho makes the Karavan an offer they don't refuse. "Sign up with Trident Co.! We have an excellent dental plan this side of the Capital Wasteland!" (not pictured.)

The Karavan is now forcibly allied with Trident Co. for one turn.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Elmagnifico » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:27 pm

The Road Warriors(again!)

Captain gives the remaining Krony the brush off. "Sorry dude, you're not my type."

He then re-mans the heavy machine gun,

and gives the Karavan Driver a piece of his mind. A few shots glance off of Jericho's power armor, but it barely distracts him from extolling the virtues of good dental hygiene.

Oh, and the Death Car's passenger fired at Dirk, but missed. It didn't deserve a picture, trust me.
Last edited by Elmagnifico on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Elmagnifico » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:40 pm

END PHASE

The Trident Co. grunt who was knocked off the vehicle falls offscreen. Without backup, ammunition, or a vehicle, he'll be radgator bait before nightfall.

The Krimson Karavan gunner finds favor with the dice gods and manages to climb back aboard, saving himself from a similar fate. The wreckage of the Road Warrior trike is brushed aside by the Kruiser's armor.

The Death Truck driver shames his Mad Max-inspired heritage by failing to dodge either of the land mines in his way.

Fortunately, one of them was a dud, so the truck only took one point of damage. (-1" to boost)

The Krimson Kruzer is hit by a land mine, as the driver is unable to steer at the moment, being dead and all.

The Killsaw is blown off into parts unknown.

Overviews

Our little bloody convoy is now traveling through what's left of Happy Kiddy Fun Time Land, once the destination of fifty million british school kids every July, if not quite all at the same time.

Note the derelict Pirate Ride, as well as the giant statue of Happy Infernus Man, the park's mascot.

Warhead, your faction will enter the battle now.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Elmagnifico » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:28 pm

SCOREBOARD

Dirk Winters

KIA: He's still here.
Kills: 1/5 of a truck, 1 killsaw
Bonus Points: Has the Solar Modulator

Krimson Karavan
KIA: 3
Kills: 3
Bonus Points: First Blood; now have really good dental coverage

Road Warriors
KIA: 2
Kills: 2
Bonus Points: Ripley Impersonation; um, Captain's still got his cool hat?

Trident Co.
KIA: 1
Kills: 1 +1/2 a hero
Bonus Points: None yet.

Orders are now being accepted. Remember, it's first come, first go, so get those orders in pronto! You other two secret factions aren't coming in until later, wait your turn.
Last edited by Elmagnifico on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby Natalya » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:12 pm

▲ I officially declare this to be Ossum. ▲
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Lt. Krus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:20 pm

Triangle job on this battle.
Lt. Krus
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Elmagnifico » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:28 am

Right-o! We just need Yoda_Dog's orders for Trident Co., he's got two more days until my patience runs out.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Return to Forum Battles