My army, at long last (minus stats for anything)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

DarkWolf
Officer

My army, at long last (minus stats for anything)

Post by DarkWolf » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:34 pm

Well, this is the offical background for my army. I've spent <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> of time working on this, so please, feel free to criticize it, suggest improvements, but keep in mind, this is my army, and I reserve the right to tell you where to stick it sideways.

The Red Arm Alliance

Chapter 1
About and History

The Red Arm Alliance is just that, a relatively loose alliance of several dozen worlds all united under one banner. The RAA is a upper-Teklevel 5 civilization just beginning to enter Teklevel 6. One of the more interesting aspects of the RAA is that they are constantly trying to recover artifacts from a long extinct Teklevel 7 civilization known as the Tekulain. They already have obtained several artifacts, some of which have made a massive impression in the military of the RAA.

The military of the RAA is divided into legions, with each star cluster providing the soldiers, mechanix, medix, and so on. However, there are some legions that are known as ‘Spare Parts Legions.’ These legions have almost no uniformity as they are made up of excess recruits, sole survivors of units that were wiped out, mercenaries, the odd cryo-revived and/or cloned soldier(s), and the scum of other legions. But these legions also keep the entire Alliance up and running as these legions can hit faster and harder than others, and can deal with a variety of needs, from assaulting a fortress that has survived a thousand years of siege, to holding a mile wide crater with no cover what-so-ever for months on end. They are the true backbone of the RAA, the first and last line of defense, and it is with one of these Spare Part Legions, the 13th Frozen Hell Legion, that our story(s) take place.

Chapter 2
Ranking and Identification

RAA military personnel are identified by their red right sleeve, which gives the Red Arm Alliance it’s name. The left sleeve denotes ranks and specializations:

Trooper: Black
Medik: White
Mechanik: Orange
Officer: Green
Sniper: Tan
Pilot: Blue
Hero/Champion: Red

Chapter 3
Key Characters of the 13th Frozen Hell

Colonel Jackson ‘DarkWolf’ Cameron: Leader of the 13th Frozen Hell Legion (stats coming soon)

Jack O'kiase: Designer, tester, and pilot of the first Warhawk fighter/gunship/bomber. First non-Bucket-Boy pilot of anything (stats coming soon for both Jack and the Warhawk)

MK-33565: A mysterious, sentient Tek-level 7 warbot, found in the ruins of Azkar VI (stats coming soon)

Malleus Ordo: A great warrior of a time gone by, revived from a statue in the capital of Matakal, Kata City (stats coming soon)

Samantha Brekmen: A mercenary who has permanently signed on to the RAA payroll (stats coming soon)

Spartan-117 ‘Master Chief’ (green): First of three SPARTAN warriors revived from cryo-sleep. Is the only one that can be deployed alone (stats coming soon)

Spartan-087 ‘Kelly’ (red): Second of three SPARTAN warriors revived from cryo-sleep. Must be deployed with at least one other SPARTAN (stats coming soon)

Spartan-049 ‘Will’ (blue): Third of three SPARTAN warriors revived from cryo-sleep. Must be deployed with at least one other SPARTAN (stats coming soon)

Carlos Hathcock: A United States Marine Corps sniper, cloned using DNA recovered from his old sniper rifle, which was recovered on the remains of the planet Earth, currently in it’s 500th year of nuclear winter (no life forms)
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

Rayhawk
Overlord

Re: My army, at long last (minus stats for anything)

Post by Rayhawk » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:56 pm

DarkWolf wrote:keep in mind, this is my army, and I reserve the right to tell you where to stick it sideways.
That's the spirit! Photos?

DarkWolf
Officer

Re: My army, at long last (minus stats for anything)

Post by DarkWolf » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:47 am

Rayhawk wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:keep in mind, this is my army, and I reserve the right to tell you where to stick it sideways.
That's the spirit! Photos?
On the way. I'll try to get a good group photo of all my ground forces. Weapons and charaters will be placed on a single thread with their photos, and I might have to mass vehicles as well. Also, on a random note, instead of using regular rocket launchers, my army uses heavy laser cannons (-1" to movement) to wipe out enemy vehicles and buildings (also for taking out one side of the building so that it falls on a school yard full of children, just for shits and giggles as the enemy starts crying like little girls over the loss of their sons and daughters)
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:46 am

Wow nice background fluff.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Yak
Champion
Champion

Post by Yak » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:59 pm

What Background Fluff?
The Leader of the LBW (Legion of the Brik Warriors)

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:24 pm

Background Fluff includes but is not limited to: plots, sub-plots, motives, backgrounds, histories, ideas, names, faces, and anything you can't use to bludgeon your opponent to death.
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

Yak
Champion
Champion

Post by Yak » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:28 pm

Cool. You're sorta like my teacher on the Forums lol
The Leader of the LBW (Legion of the Brik Warriors)

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Post by Silent Mobius » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:14 am

Background Fluff gives you more detail so I like it. Doesn't make you question things as you are reading and it doesn't make him have to explain them.

Any chance you are adding the defects of the spartan experiments to your army? You know...the ones that got put in wheelchairs and got osteo-perosis.
Get that corn outta my face!

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:59 pm

Silent Mobius wrote:Background Fluff gives you more detail so I like it. Doesn't make you question things as you are reading and it doesn't make him have to explain them.

Any chance you are adding the defects of the spartan experiments to your army? You know...the ones that got put in wheelchairs and got osteo-perosis.
I could, however, without the armor, how will you know that they are SPARTANs? It's not like I can just use a specific head for all SPARTANs, because every head in the RAA is different, except for the Bucket-Boys (Clone and Stormtroopers) who I left with the default black heads.
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Post by Silent Mobius » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Well don't call them real spartans since they don't wear the armor. Call them the "Special Ops" Spartans. Also they don't wear helmets or armor so just slap on some hair. Its like having zombies that havent died yet! But they don't eat brains....
Get that corn outta my face!

DarkWolf
Officer

Next part of the RAA

Post by DarkWolf » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:50 pm

Ok, in a spurt of boredom, I've writted up a small history explaining away why my RAA army is so small when I keep talking about massive amounts of men and machines that can take the field at any one time, so, I present to you...

The Fall of the RAA

In the 3.13.5036 PW, in the thirtieth year of the RAA/BBE Wars, the Blue Belly Empire launched it’s final assault on the RAA home world of Redascity. The BBE’s initial assault was quick and bloody, blasting most of the RAA Home Fleet into atoms within the first few hours of combat, allowing the ground war to begin in earnest.

The 13th Frozen Hell Legion had been stationed on Redascity at the time of the assault, replenishing it’s ranks after the brutal campaign to capture Tyferra. As such, the 13th formed the backbone of the RAA defense, at horrendous cost to the already weakened Legion, but they held the line for nearly a week before reinforcements arrived from out of system.

The battle for the space above Redascity began again with a vengeance, with reinforcements pouring onto the ground for both sides. Within a month, both sides were receiving reinforcements from all over the galaxy, and the space battle devolved into a pure slug fest, with only the largest Superdreadnaughts surviving more than a few hours of battle. Unfortunately for the RAA, the BBE’s wall of battle was nearly twice the size of the RAA’s, and was 50% Superdreadnaughts, giving them the massive throw weight needed secure the space above Redascity, and give them the edge they needed in the ground war.

While the battle in space raged, the battle on the ground was fought with equal ferocity. Massive war machines ripped battlefields to shreds, while packs of infantry combed streets in a deadly game of cult and mouse. Little could live on the front lines for more than a couple hours, and those that did were all the more deadly for it.

Despite their valiant efforts, the RAA defenders were pushed back to the capital of Redascity, Redtropolis (frak originality). The defenders held for nearly two weeks, but were ultimately defeated to the last man, marking the end of the RAA on 6.25.5036, though several BBE ships reported a ghost radar return amongst the graveyard of RAA ships that was lost upon reaching the edge of the systems gravity well.

Excerpt of Emperor Tankersly‘s speech on 6.36.5036;
“Citizens of the Blue Belly Empire, I have come here today bearing great news! Our most hated enemies, the Red Arm Alliance, have finally been defeated! After a long campaign, thanks in no small part due to your sacrifices, we have finally defeated those who would bring ruin to our way of life!

“Now, I know that there have been rumors about an escaped RAA ship, but I assure you, these are completely false. There is no way that any ship could have escaped our mighty fleet.”

Final transmission from BBE Outpost L-51, on planet Cyth, 8.24.5036, transmitted by base commander Colonel Sarjan Kalth;
“…. Oh god, they came out of nowh….. All over the base, we’re falling ba……. Can’t last much lo……. mmit, secure that gun towe….. The Emperor was wrong! …… AA, repeat, they are R……. Please, for the love of god, send hel……” ::End of transmission::
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

Matt
Officer

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:23 pm

Very nice, I love ghostly transmissons like at the end of your story,they're....they're......Cool!
"One can never have enough miniguns my friend."
I hope I get to say that Someday.....
My Flickr
http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vi ... &ref=flink