Forum(ish) battle

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Forum(ish) battle

Post by james+burgundy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:06 pm

I was talking to Warhead a few days back oh Chat about the lack of webcam battles and how he was saying he might want to watch one of them. We also talked a bit about this big 14 32x32 baseplate set up I have made for the Apoc layout at Brick Fair this year. Anyway to sum it up I decided before I head off to D.C. for BF i'll hold a battle on it.

This battle will be a Webcam one providing i can get a better cam in time. If not then i'll wait until I get back and do a forum battle on it (might do one even if i do the webcam battle). Warhead had mentioned that he might like to watch the battle if not acutely be one as one of the players I realized that you really only need one webcam that of the host while everyone else can just IM. There by taking away many many problems with this webcam battle. So here are the rules/specs on the battle.

To be a player or a watcher in the battle you need to have:
1. a PC (duh)
2. Skype
3. a grasp of time (for when it starts)

I plan on having this battle some time Thursday of next week (the 22) depending on set up and player availability but it is subject to change. If you would like to either watch or play you need to post your intentions here and will need to add my on Skype my Username is :Jamesburgundy with real name as James.

Right now the battle field is 90% complete with a six-story ruined building, four road segments with nice little craters and then about 8 and half baseplate for the real mess to happen in.
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:23 pm

I was more interested to see what happens with the idea than actually watch/participate in the battle itself, I mean I would love too sure, 100% but my PC couldn't manage it. After seeing your battle with Piltogg I have decided to make a full 180 degree turn on my opinion of this matter and hope I can encourage this idea to work in any way I can. So, c'mon guys, give this thing a go and lets see where the problems lie so we can fix them.

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:35 pm

You PC can't do Skype? Boy Warhead you need to save up and get your self a PC of this century. :wink:

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:59 pm

After 12 years of spring cleaning, you find that everything left is relavent. That and my music and Battle report pics fills this thing up.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:06 pm

I can participate.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:27 pm

I might be able to, I just need to set up a decoy Skype account so you guys won't figure out my name. :P
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Thursday is a good day for me. I volunteer.

Question, what time zone are you in and do you want to set a time limit for how long the game will last?

Yes, I SKYPE. Skype ID = jeffrey.boyd.garrison

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Time zone is Central, not really sure about time limit yet still figuring out team sizes and such.

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:25 pm

I am going to have to cancel the webcam battle, but will try to get at least one battle done when i get back in Aug

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Sounds good. Thanks for posting the cancellation J+B. :)

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Warhead wrote:After 12 years of spring cleaning, you find that everything left is relavent. That and my music and Battle report pics fills this thing up.
Have you thought about getting a memory stick or better yet a portable hard-drive? You could move a good portion of your photo's onto it and free up space.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:17 pm

Yeah, I've been through all that and more besides.

The External Drive: The fucker kept shutting the PC down every 10 seconds until I removed it. When I replaced the info I had switched to the external, not all of it came back so I lost stuff. I was not a happy bear at PC world (yeah I know) that day I can tell you.

Pen Drives: I have one but it's for Family albums and stuff and my wifes degree course work. I guess I could buy another but then how can I puppy dog eyes the wife into agreeing we need a new PC? You armatures gotta' think about the BIGGER picture. :wink:

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Warhead, you might want to think about upgrading to this model

It's got treble the processing power of yours XD.

Seriously though, you've been going on about getting a new computer for ages so heres my suggestion's:-

1) Don't get them new blinds/curtains/windows/toilet seat/bath/shower/sofa/dining table/oven/washing machine/wallpaper/etc your wife wants
2) Use Mini Warheads college fund
3) Sell off some stuff
4) Sell your computer to a museum
5) Use tonights beer money
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Whoa! I've only ever heard of those cutting edge computers, I'll never be able to afford one like that. It even comes in the latest fashion colour, brown.
dilanski wrote:
5) Use tonights beer money
:shock: Dis lil' bitch wanna' fight, huh? :twisted:

If I kill you it would be considered self defence in Scotland, you were totally threatening my beer dude. :wink:
Last edited by Warhead on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

naussica
Dimmy

Post by naussica » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Warhead kind of has the same situation as me, only I have about 1 gig. :lol: My computer has high-speed internet, but my computer is so old it's like I have dial-up! But my parents have the money, but they won't get it! I got a portable external hard drive for my brikwars stuff and game stuff, even though some of them don't work.