Bad scoring

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:49 am

but then what happens if the gunner is killed and an ordinary minifig jumps up to take his place? We'd be back to square one unless the rule would be that only gunners can operate large guns, and that's just ridiculous!
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:47 am

Almighty Benny wrote:but then what happens if the gunner is killed and an ordinary minifig jumps up to take his place?
Then the minifig rolls the normal skill for it, which I'm totally ok with. Gunners will become the target of choice, so you'll want to protect them, and put armor playing around your guns and turrets.

Just like they do in real life.

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Post by feuer_faust » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Idea again.

Gunner: (+4AP) This minifig rolls 2D6 for skill when using weapons mounted on creations. These dice have the potential to explode as normal.

They can still shoot infantry easily, being trained to handle large weapons, but as stated above picking them off is a viable tactic.
It's a secret to everybody.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:21 pm

IMO gunners should only get that extra d6 when targeting mounted weapons. This makes it almost impossible for them to miss with 1" guns, which is as it should be.

Also has anyone noticed that the rules for 1" guns make them far more stupid than Long Range Weapons? 1" guns only get a 6" range, and do less damage. If I were making a vehicle, I would make a battery of mounted AK-47s or something, to give it that extra range that I became accustomed to with Long Range Weapons and 2" Guns.

zossima
Warrior King

Post by zossima » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:11 pm

I like a general marksman specialty with a +1d6 to skill on ranged weapons (of any type). It would be a good analog to the kind of specialization you have with ninjas in close combat. These units could act as effective gunners, snipers, etc.

We've been playing with similar rules applied to our "sniper" units, and it has been behind quite a few translucent red plates spilled. Though we have also been playing with a range bonus.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:19 pm

Atomsk wrote:Also has anyone noticed that the rules for 1" guns make them far more stupid than Long Range Weapons? 1" guns only get a 6" range, and do less damage.
They also cost less. Long Range Weapon stats are vaguely halfway between a 1" and 2" gun.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:42 pm

they're also identical to short range weapons.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:02 am

Rayhawk wrote:
Atomsk wrote:Also has anyone noticed that the rules for 1" guns make them far more stupid than Long Range Weapons? 1" guns only get a 6" range, and do less damage.
They also cost less. Long Range Weapon stats are vaguely halfway between a 1" and 2" gun.
I dunno it just seemed odd to me at first. I guess you could theoretically have a minifig carry around a 2" gun, but mounting Long Range weapons on a vehicle seems very kitbash to me.

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:37 am

Revived for further discussion.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:05 am

looks like i'm not the only one who's not too fond of the new rules on creation weapons >__>

PERSONAL RULES (only listing changes from the 2005 ruleset):

Gun
range: (size)*3+3
Use: (size)*2 (minimum 4)'

Launcher
Use: (size)*3

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:20 am

there are the new rules now, no disscussion needed.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:40 pm

There is always discussion. And i just don't know what to do anyways. I never used it in BrikWars, because it's so stupidly huge (the UR).
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:35 pm

The usage rating for Brikwars is: 0.5x-1y-1c + (size)*1d4 = UR. X being the number of players, y the number of bricks, and c the quality and Brikwarriness of the players. Size is, obviously, the size and largeness of the battle and army.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:42 pm

I've been rewriting the weapons rules ever since the last big edit in this thread. Unfortunately because of other things it ties into, it requires the rewriting of sections of several other chapters, examples throughout the book, and finishing the Chapter H that I've been working on forever.

It's all almost done though; the last thing on the list for this edit is to reformat the old Charge rules into chapter 7.

Blitzen

Post by Blitzen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:45 pm

How almost is that almost? Is is a next month almost? A next year almost? A five years from now almost?
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.