BrikSystem - Build Your Ability

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Tuefish
Dimmy

Post by Tuefish » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:35 pm

Hello all.
Just thought I'd add my voice to this cacophony, that being said;

In my opinion sir, the only tool one should need for awesome custom rules, is one's brain.

If you are incapable of coming up with awesome rules without tables or charts, you have just failed. Please go watch cheesy action movies until your eyes bleed before attempting to make up rules again.
Thank you and good day.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:36 pm

Tuefish wrote:Please go watch cheesy action movies until your eyes bleed before attempting to make up rules again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBbmdJTLdE
This.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Tzan wrote:
OneEye589 wrote: Also, the font that code is in is just plain ugly.
Its a monospaced font and they are mostly plain looking but get the job done.

Code: Select all

I will never forget the night it happened. It was a(n) Viscous night, and I was relaxing upstairs with my cottage, a good book and my faithful dog, Hellspawn. Suddenly there was a loud screech. I sprang to my feet and crept downstairs, trying to be as Mutated as I could. Nothing looked out of the ordinary. Suddenly I heard the screech again, but this time it was much more Bubonic and I knew it was coming from the basement. Summoning my courage, I grabbed a flashlight and strode Hastily down the stairs. I might have met my end right there, if not for Hellspawn, who let out a loud "howl!" Startled, I jumped carelessly to the side just in time to avoid a long gooey appendage. I turned my flashlight on the intruder and gasped in horror. Lurking there in my basement, bathed in the Disease-ridden glow of my light, was a huge, quivering, shapeless blob of ooze! The hideous thing was as burnt black as a man and as big as a(n) creature.
"Help!!" I cried.

I fled horrifically upstairs, but the thing chased me with lightning speed. I was trapped, and knew I had to fight if I wanted to survive. First I tried to chop it with a sharp fence from the kitchen, then I shot it with my grandpas garden that hangs over the fireplace. In desperation, I even tried throwing pus on it, but all to no avail. It just kept coming. I thought I was dead for sure, when suddenly a strange figure crashed through my window and leapt between us! He was tall and grotesque, with fierce infected eyes and bloody shoulders. He was dressed entirely in black, except for his green jacket.

"Cripes!!" the figure cried, and quick as a(n) zebra he jumped in and stunned the ooze creature with a powerful kick.

Without pause he scooped the thing into a(n) thing and tied it shut with a long grass.

"How did you do that?!" I gasped, trying to catch my breath.

"Their only weakness is their nose," he replied. "One good kick and the things are helpless."

"But how do you find it?" I asked, staring at the shapeless mass.

"That is easy," said the stranger. "It is right next to their arm."

I thanked him for saving my life and asked him his name. "I am f'taaang!, and I have been hunting the ooze creatures all my life. Join me in my quest and we will make the world safe from their hellish evil!"

Now that I knew the truth, how could I say no? I joined f'taaang! that night and my life has never been the same. I learned how to spot their nose in less than 666 seconds, and together we have defeated over 999 of the ooze creatures. I even got my own green jacket.
Bask in the warmth of my inferior literature!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:29 pm

It's just a pity we can't bask in anything Lego you've ever posted, there isn't any I can recall. Maybe I'm wrong though who knows.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Warhead wrote:It's just a pity we can't bask in anything Lego you've ever posted, there isn't any I can recall. Maybe I'm wrong though who knows.
Subtle hints? TBH, I've been busy, and I've been plagued with internet/computer problems. When I tried to get pics done the other day, my camera wouldn't sync my holiday photos. So, sorry but for the moment it's on hiatus! But I will finish it, as its set up and I can't be asked to dismantle it.
And just for you Warhead, here it is:

Magic Soap: The Only Hits (well, not really hits, more unpopular failures)

Of Parrots and Black Guys

Revisiting the Parakeet: Scarab

Ye Olde Sig Shoppe

The most recent part of Death Trade

Tuefish
Dimmy

Post by Tuefish » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:53 pm

@Soapy:
Wait. This is now a Madlibs thread?
Awesome!
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:43 pm

The madlibs Penetrated my Brain Sack like a(n) Eskimo. But I continued to read in the Horror.
The hideous thing was as burnt black as a man and as big as a(n) creature.
"Racist!" I cried.
I fled Horrifically upstairs, but the Madlib chased me with a(n) Lightning Speed.
I was Horny, and knew I had to fight if I wanted to Procreate.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:54 am

Code: Select all

I used a story generator. It told me to fill in colours, objects, animals, adjectives and nouns, and for foreign word I wrote 'ftaang!'. I thought if I put interesting words it might be good, but you can see how much this story has messed the words up. 

But yes, continue. And you need to write in code

LZBrickMan42
Champion
Champion

Post by LZBrickMan42 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:30 am

There are some interesting balance effects going on; for size one weapons, everything is working fine, but larger sizes increase in cost at a rate faster than stock rules. Attack and Armor seem to be overpriced when Use Rating adjustments are made.

Still investigating; might end up combining this stuff with a few things from a previous table-top game ruleset and using BrikWars' combat rules (which are much better than mine). Started rebalancing from the bottom up.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Hey, you know what, this is what everyone just said.

This ruleset is insatiably complicated. No. One. Cares.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Nerava
Champion
Champion

RPG

Post by Nerava » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Well I like it. My friend wanted my help mixing BrikWars with some RPG elements, and if I had to make up 100+ abilities and powers without a guide, I may have been a bit frustrated to find: "You know there's already an ability like that. And it costs (less/more)." I was glad to find this post because it means I can mass generate relatively price consistent abilities. And, LZBrickman, if I accidentally killed your original idea with this, sorry, but I mean well. And I am using it to mass produce abilities.

NOTE: While I think this is a good idea, I think those of you who want to make fewer than 10 new things may want to just build the abilities by guesswork or fudge.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Re: RPG

Post by 501stCadians » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Nerava wrote:Well I like it. My friend wanted my help mixing BrikWars with some RPG elements, and if I had to make up 100+ abilities and powers without a guide, I may have been a bit frustrated to find: "You know there's already an ability like that. And it costs (less/more)." I was glad to find this post because it means I can mass generate relatively price consistent abilities. And, LZBrickman, if I accidentally killed your original idea with this, sorry, but I mean well. And I am using it to mass produce abilities.

NOTE: While I think this is a good idea, I think those of you who want to make fewer than 10 new things may want to just build the abilities by guesswork or fudge.
umad
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.