BW 2010 feedback

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:26 pm

Cpt. Zipps much earlier wrote:Just one thing: Weren't there going to be specific weapons for minfigs like 2001?

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:22 pm

jodokast wrote:In the Design Overwatch section of Making MOCkeries you need to add the word 'is' to this sentence: "If the Creation an asset to one of the players..."
*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:PS: Chapter 7: Structures is still called special creations in the contents bar at the top of the page and the Mechanik card has a small typo:"Field construction allows a Mechank to"
Fix'd, not fix'd yet, and fix'd. I'll catch the updates bar later when I'm adding more of the chapters to it. Thanks for catching these.
*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:I think that the rules at 7.2 are a bit to complicated. You probably choose these rules because they make special creations destroyed less easily and makes for good interaction witch mechanik but it does require a player to keep track of both structure size and structure level as well as surface elements size and level.
These aren't actually changed from the 2005 rules in any way, as far as I recall - but Size isn't something you have to keep track of, it's just something you measure as needed, with the tape measure you already have handy. In practice it doesn't seem to create a lot of overhead, since you only end up keeping track of the specific targets where you're focusing damage, and ignoring everything else.
solvess wrote:One minor change The Expert D8 picture caption says,
One of these ninjas is much better at camouflaging himself against this black d8 than the other two.
and there is only two ninjas.
Oh solvess. I had higher hopes for your ninja skills.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:54 pm

I kind of had issues with the weapons section for special creations in the 2005 rules. I usually just bought them as regular minifig weapons. Is that going to be an issue in the 2010 rules, or was there a reason for them being weird before?
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Why do i wake up every morning with a boner?
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Lt. Krus
Dimmy

Post by Lt. Krus » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:15 pm

I've often wondered that myself...

stubby

Post by stubby » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Gungnir wrote:I kind of had issues with the weapons section for special creations in the 2005 rules. I usually just bought them as regular minifig weapons. Is that going to be an issue in the 2010 rules, or was there a reason for them being weird before?
You're going to have to be more specific. Minifig weapons are what you get if you use the special creations rules to build weapons for one-inch creatures. That's the same for BW2010, except you get the extra options like shotguns and flamethrowers and such.
Silent-sigfig wrote:Why do I wake up every morning with a boner?
Did this start before or after Warhead posted photos of his minifig collection?

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Before.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:59 pm

stubby wrote:
Gungnir wrote:I kind of had issues with the weapons section for special creations in the 2005 rules. I usually just bought them as regular minifig weapons. Is that going to be an issue in the 2010 rules, or was there a reason for them being weird before?
You're going to have to be more specific. Minifig weapons are what you get if you use the special creations rules to build weapons for one-inch creatures. That's the same for BW2010, except you get the extra options like shotguns and flamethrowers and such.
Nevermind. That answers my question already.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:22 am

Gungnir wrote:Nevermind. That answers my question already.
Well, that's good I guess, but now I wonder what your issues were. Were you hoping for specific weapons lists like in BW2000 and earlier?
Silent-sigfig wrote:Before.
It's because your penis knew you would one day witness those minifigs, and was keeping in practice for the day it would finally happen.

mm233
Officer

Post by mm233 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:40 pm

stubby wrote:
Does this mean that there will be special weapon ability's that you can incorporate into your basic weapon stats?

Oh and are specific cost modifier for adding things like extra range and damage, and higher UR's would maybe subtract CP's from the cost?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:23 pm

I can't be arsed, any chance you could just come round when I want a game and roll the dice for me, thanks.

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Could you make stats for making the flamethrowers, shotguns and the like similar to what you did for melee weapons and such, so we can have a giant shotgun. (or will I have to).
Image :D
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:26 pm

looks shop'd

Lt. Krus
Dimmy

Post by Lt. Krus » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:54 pm

:myth:

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Silverdream wrote:It's actually a stolen immortal shotgun. Mainly used for killing giant bugs, compensating, and ducks.
Immortals don't need to compensate.
:busted:
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."