Rule refinement

This is the forum for people who prefer a Dimmy-free conversation. Whether or not you're considered a Dimmy on any given day is entirely up to Blitzen. No whining!

Moderator: Blitzen

Postby Dr. X » Mon May 12, 2008 7:19 pm

Hmm.. that's a good idea. I like it. But what happens if he fails, besides going into the superdead box?
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Mon May 12, 2008 7:36 pm

why would anything else happen? if he fails, then something horrible happens, like the minifig's heart is replaced with a baked potato. the minifig is beyond saving now. sprinkle extra bits of blood to show he's really, REALLY dead.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Almighty Benny » Mon May 12, 2008 8:06 pm

There's my attempt.
In every game in which I've used Mediks, I've allowed them to revive themselves, but I didn't think that would go over well on a stat card.

In case it isn't clear, the purpose of the diagram is to show the different Minifig limbs. So rolling a 4 would revive only the head and torso, and each additional point after that lets you revive another limb.
Last edited by Almighty Benny on Mon May 12, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Mon May 12, 2008 8:28 pm

why 1d6+1 on the skill? i think 1d6 is fine, to keep it simple. i'd also like to see 6" movement (mediks have to be FAST on the job) over 5.

i'm also currently liking the medikal feats as a determination of whether or not a minifig will be revived. i also think that the compulsive revivals of bodies should be capped at 6", since i REALLY don't want mediks rolling every damn turn since theoretically, bonus die could give an infinite range on the medik's healing voodoo. healing an enemy at 18" away is a nono.

however, yours has the best picture. by far. i still prefer blitzen's red color scheme though, since it's less... pink...

blitzen, think you could slap benny's picture onto the newest stat card version when it comes around?
IVhorseman

Postby Almighty Benny » Mon May 12, 2008 9:00 pm

Ok, I updated it (hit refresh if it still looks pink). I swear it looked red in photoshop.

I agree that Mediks should be good runners.

However, I like to think that Mediks are smarter than the average Minifig and also have more training, therefore deserving a higher skill. But because I'm probably not going to win that argument, I added the amendment that Mediks only get +1 to skill if they're carrying their trusty Medikal Equipment. This way, they can potentially repair a fully dismembered Minifig with a critical success, but a Medik without equipment would have a harder time reviving a fig at all, let alone reattaching all of it's limbs.
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Mon May 12, 2008 9:34 pm

well now it's gray...

also, what's your UR for "WHYYYYY?!"?

EDIT: also, i meant CAPPED at 6", not EXACTLY 6". so 1d6, capped at 6"
IVhorseman

Postby Blitzen » Mon May 12, 2008 9:58 pm

Benny, do you have that picture in bigger?
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Almighty Benny » Mon May 12, 2008 10:00 pm

IV:
I prefer gray to red

According to the 2005 rules, it would be at least 6 for a normal Minifig, but because Mediks have training I put it as 4 on the card

"exactly 6" means one less roll per turn than "1d6", I thought that's what you were all about

Blitzen:
I drew it right on the stat card template, but I can easily resize it. Just give me the dimensions you want.
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Blitzen » Mon May 12, 2008 10:04 pm

Naw, I can resize it if that's all it takes. That's a good drawing.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby IVhorseman » Mon May 12, 2008 10:14 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:"exactly 6" means one less roll per turn than "1d6", I thought that's what you were all about

not ALL about. i prefer a simple die roll with no modifiers above all, and constant values where they make more sense. my least favorite is die roll + modifier. grossss, math.
IVhorseman

Postby Dr. X » Mon May 12, 2008 10:24 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:Image

There's my attempt.
In every game in which I've used Mediks, I've allowed them to revive themselves, but I didn't think that would go over well on a stat card.

In case it isn't clear, the purpose of the diagram is to show the different Minifig limbs. So rolling a 4 would revive only the head and torso, and each additional point after that lets you revive another limb.

Nice, but what is the UR for "WHYYYYYY!!" if the minifig's head is still on? I can't see it anywhere.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Almighty Benny » Mon May 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Ah, I see the confusion now.

Ordinarily, I like to let Mediks revive other units automatically unless they roll a 1, in which case the Minifig is decapitated. On a 6 or higher, there is no recovery time.
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Mon May 12, 2008 11:05 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:Ah, I see the confusion now.

Ordinarily, I like to let Mediks revive other units automatically unless they roll a 1, in which case the Minifig is decapitated. On a 6 or higher, there is no recovery time.

only a 1/6 chance of screwing it up? that's terrible! we need this to be FAR more lethal.
IVhorseman

Postby Dr. X » Mon May 12, 2008 11:52 pm

Yes! If we are indeed using this rule and not the featish one, I reccomend a UR of 4 (50% chance of success) and also using the Medikal Ker-Triage table from the 2001 rules, or at least part of it.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Rayhawk » Tue May 13, 2008 2:10 am

Why not make it a simple Medikal Feat? He rolls 1d6, opponent rolls 1d6, higher roll wins. Tie means that the unit is revived but the Medik had to amputate a limb or torso.
Rayhawk
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Dimmies