Boarding the Hyperion - Sign up/Turn 0

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Boarding the Hyperion - Sign up/Turn 0

Post by Apollyon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Welcome to my first forum battle!

Following the months after the Battle for the Rainbow Demon which was fought in G.R. 2009 the Briktopian Empire on Strazzel IX succumbed to the Deadly Spacemen who were the allies of the Krude Konstruktion Kingdom . The motifs of the Deadly Spacemen and who was actually behind this aggression remained a mystery - until now...

Onboard the IFN Battlecruiser Hyperion a certain someone is enjoying the spoils of war:

Disturbed by the rumbling of what appear to be two successive explosions Warhead contacts the Captain of the SHIP via the internal communication system.

Warhead: "What is this noise disturbing my contemplations?"
Captain: "Sir, the hull of the Hyperion has been damaged on both sides in the stern area. We are being boarded by two intruding parties. I do not know how their vehicles got past our sensors and defenses."
Warhead: "Deal with them captain! After that we will discuss your incompetence."
Captain: "Yes, Sir!"

-------------------------

The Hyperion is being boarded by a small Briktopian raiding force with the mission to find out who or what caused the Briktopian exodus from Strazzel IX. By pure koincidence another raiding party consisting of Pirates who unexplicably found themselves in space near the Hyperion after losing their own ship in another part of the Brikverse arrives at the same time and immedeatly sets out to seize the Hyperion for their own purpose.

Here is an Overwatch of the Hyperion showing where the raiders will enter the ship:

Let me take you on a tour through the ship:

Warheads room. It is next to the bridge. He has two Terrorkhan guards.

The bridge of the Hyperion. It is manned by the captain (left) and the pilot (right). Note that the entrance to the bridge is currently blocked by wall of OTCs. These can be deactivaded by the lever next to the entrance.

Astrogation chamber which is also located next to the bridge. Filled with navigation equipment and tactical computer (to the left of the DSM).

Sickbay. Or peach torture chamber. Or both. Inspired by Mini-Warhead.

The mess.

Crew quarters.

The ships armory. It has it all: Assyrian laser rifles, OTCs, Nova Sword, beamsaber and moar!

The kitchen. Also storage area for the WASP thermonuclear warhead. It can be primed by a four digit number code.

Transporter room with slipgate. This piece of teknology is still experimental. SO BEWARE!

Main engineering room with life support device, plasma batteries for ship communication and energy systems.

Drive propulsion system.

Bow Overwatch:

Stern Overwatch:

Factions:

The Deadly Spacmen, including Warhead and his Terrorkhan guard. White=medic, yellow=pilot, black=officer, reds/blues=troopers. Most DSM are armed with standard blasters. Some have sabers. The Terrorkhan come armed with blast rifles with under-barrel grenade launchers. They also have a flechette grenade each and a CC weapon.
Objective: The death and humiliation of all opposing factions!
Taken by lrdofbricks and Warhead

The Briktopian troopers are armed with assault laser rifles. They are led by Apollyon wearing pain amplifier helmet.
Objective: Retrieve the magnetive tape containing data from the Strazzel IX campaign from the tactical computer in Astrogation.
Taken by Solvess

These be not your everyday pirates. It is Rodrigo Palo and his crew - sans the Bloodstained Serpent obviously. Standard piratish equipment, e.g. muskets, sabres, hooks, pistols.
Objective: Seize the Hyperion by bringing the bridge under control.
Taken by Silverdream

Signups are open now!

---------------------------------

Phfew, i am so relieved that i finally got this far. It took me forever to build this thing. Think it is my largest project evar! Have fun destroying it. Final picture of the whole deal:

Last edited by Apollyon on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:44 pm

DEADLY SPACEMEN
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:54 pm

BRIKTOPIANS
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:06 pm

Immortal Forces, myself included please (if the DSM are taken then maybe the Terrorkhan and Warhead could be mine). Apollyon, this is totally fucking amazing mate! It's got everything an aspiring tyrant could wish for. Cheers! :D

Lt. Krus
Dimmy

Post by Lt. Krus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:04 pm

SECRET FACTION 7, BECAUSE I KNOW IT EXISTS PLZ.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:12 pm

dude, this is going to be awesome. Great build.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:12 pm

I want to be Muttony, the mighty turkey-leg adventurer, currently incognito as Warhead's dining room centerpiece.

Muttony can talk, has magical powers over cooked meat, and can posess anyone who eats him as a Heroic Feat (if he fails though, the other guy just eats him and gains his delicious powers)
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder
Location: Checking back in between animations for Warhead's follow up to ZZD

Post by ForlornCreature » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:02 am

I wanted to see a battle in a ship a space station like the that old firefly-themed battle or something, In fact I wanted to make a moon base afte I saw MOON. If only there wee more factions, like clean-up bots like the little mouse doids on the death star. DIBS ON THE CLEAN-UP BOTS.
I know I will like this battle because of the explosive decompression and the presence of my favourite faction, the DSM.

Apollyon

Post by Apollyon » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:48 am

@lrdofbricks: You got the Deadly Spacemen, except Warhead and the Terrorkhan. Black becomes promoted to hero.
@Warhead: You got the Immortals (Warhead and the Terrorkhan)

DSM and Immortals are allied

@Solvess: You get to control the Briktopians

@Silverdream: Rodrigo Palo and his crew are yours.

@Lt.Krus: Let's just see what happens...

I will compile the relevant stats and pm them to you later today. After that you can send in orders for turn 1.

ForlornCreature wrote:I wanted to see a battle in a ship a space station like the that old firefly-themed battle or something[...] If only there wee more factions, like clean-up bots like the little mouse doids on the death star. DIBS ON THE CLEAN-UP BOTS.
I know I will like this battle because of the explosive decompression and the presence of my favourite faction, the DSM.
Do you know
this battle? It inspired me (and i stole a lot of small things elsewhere). In turn 1 of that battle you can also see the inevitable result that all attempts of explosive decompression do have in the Brikverse.
Yeah more factions would have been nice but i did not want to go too large for my first forum battle and it would have meant moar building (of which i am quite tired now). Considering that Paradroid is one of my all time favourite games i do not know why it never occured to me to include service/maintenance/clean-up/sentinel bots which _of course_ go berzerk! :oops:

Apollyon

Post by Apollyon » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:58 am

Apollyon wrote:the inevitable result that all attempts of explosive decompression do have in the Brikverse.
Can someone put this into proper English please? Blitzen??? I cannot however much i try.

Hm, Paradroid in Lego... Now that is an interesting idea. Build a ship, populate it with robots that went berzerk and killed the crew. Gamemaster controls the bots while one or more players infiltrate the ship with influence device to take over bots. Awesome concept. Someone do it plz!

Apollyon

Post by Apollyon » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:02 am

Stats have been sent. Now awaiting orders from Solvess, Lrdofbricks and Silverdream.

I am looking forward to how this battle will turn out. :-)
Last edited by Apollyon on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:04 am

Crap I missed this! Meh, Im sure Ill enjoy watching it, nice setting Apollyon! :)

(OTC barrier is genius)

Apollyon

Post by Apollyon » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:10 am

BFenix wrote:Crap I missed this! Meh, Im sure Ill enjoy watching it, nice setting Apollyon! :)

(OTC barrier is genius)
Sorry, wanted to post it at a time which is more friendly towards us Europeans but putting everything together took much longer than i had expected.

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Orders sent. Great job on the ship by the way.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Apollyon wrote:
BFenix wrote:Crap I missed this! Meh, Im sure Ill enjoy watching it, nice setting Apollyon! :)

(OTC barrier is genius)
Sorry, wanted to post it at a time which is more friendly towards us Europeans but putting everything together took much longer than I had expected.
Maybe there is some space for a secret faction?