army specialties

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

army specialties

Post by samuelzz10 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:26 am

each army can have their own specialty and here are the specialties I have made up.

healthcare plan:
every 5 enemys you kill, you get a free medik.

expansive plan:
every 5 enemys you kill you get a free mechanik.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Life Insurance: For every unit that dies, you get 1 cp to buy anything for your army. Obviously stackable. (Problem would be deciding the prices of stuff, it would take a bit out of the game)

Oil Surplus: All vehicles move an extra 3", but destroying them automatically causes a 1d10 explosion.

Hazmat Suits: All uints are invulnerable to chemical/gas weaponry, but suffer a -1 skill penalty due to bulky suits.

Extra Ammo: All bullet/slug weapons get an extra shot each turn, but the weapons' ranges are decreased by 1".

Combat Drugs: Roll a D6 at the start of each turn. As long as you roll a 3-6, all infantry have a +1 move and +1 skill bonus. However, once you roll a 1 or 2, the drugs wear off and your infantry suffer a "crash", including a -2 move and skill penalty that turn.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Dertyyy
Hero

Post by Dertyyy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:53 pm

or singing.
You are unique, just like everybody else.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Scottish Born: Automatically gains the Highland Fling feat. +1 to skill when within 2" of a beverage.

>Subfeat: Highland Fling: Replaces the miniature's action this turn. Roll 1d6. On a 1-4, the dance does nothing. On 5-6, all allied Scottish units within 3" gain +1d6 to skill and damage. Stacks.

>Drawback: Warhead cannot be allied with a team that consists of Scottish, mainly because the rank of total badass cannot be shared.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:02 pm

Yeah, make stats for them then.

But can't you imagine it? The English swarming the gates of the Scottish castle, while the defenders on the walls work themselves up into a beer-fueled dance frenzy as every other Scot mini starts dancing? The cumulative bucket'o'dice for the attack roll alone... *starts drooling*
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:27 am

Fancy ass moves:
All units performing a Parry-Riposte do not suffer a skill and damage penalty because their enemy watches in awe (or out of disgust of their d a p p e r moves when dealing with elves).
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:28 am

All of these are good ideas! None of them are too overpowered like the ones my friend suggested

-awesome armory (friends idea)
all weapons get +1d6 damage.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:42 am

Stick it to The Man:
Law enforcement units (hereby referred to as The Man) act as though they are covered in a thick adhesive. Any melee weapons used on The Man stick. Damage is still applied normally. In addition, shove and charge attacks used on or by The Man cause the two units involved to stick together. Walls, vehicles, weapons, other minifigs, anything. If The Man touches it, it sticks.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Scottish Born: Automatically gains the Highland Fling feat. +1 to skill when within 2" of a beverage.

>Subfeat: Highland Fling: Replaces the miniature's action this turn. Roll 1d6. On a 1-4, the dance does nothing. On 5-6, all allied Scottish units within 3" gain +1d6 to skill and damage. Stacks.

>Drawback: Warhead cannot be allied with a team that consists of Scottish, mainly because the rank of total badass cannot be shared.
You also need "There Can Be Only One". When one Scotsman is left on the field, he gains +2d6 on attack and defense rolls. Anyone he kills loses their head. ;)

Ultra-Survivalist:
The army with this specialty is led by ultra-survivalists, or are themselves. Prepared for virtually any situation, every part of the army gains +1 to any defensive roll.
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Troll army

+1 to any rolls to resist or use flame,
-1 Diplomacy
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:02 am

Resist damage
Takes the dice roll amount of damage away from the enemies attacks. Does apply to every part of the fig/creation. The profit is that this applies to weak spots and can't be removed, as with MY plasma weapon rules. If added to a creation then it costs the normal+structure level.
1d6: 1cp
1d6+2:2cp
1d10:3cp
1d12:4cp
and so on.

Plasma weapons:
Plasma weapons shoot well... plasma that can melt armor easily. To repsent this, they decrease the enemies armor level by 1 BUT ONLY AGAINST PLASMA ATTACKS. example: A minifig with and body armor has an armor of 6. If hit by a plasma weapon his armour is only 4.
Plasma does not kill very easily, so the weapons damage is decreased by -1. Dunno about cost.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:05 am

Silverdream wrote:England Born
-1 to skill and defence when on a bridge
Can absorb CC attacks on the upper lip (except on bridges)

British:
Unified Hatred- Everyone hates each other due to the fact there's more culture in the 243,000km*2 england than the 9,826,000km*2 USA, but hating each other is a good mind-set for battle, all skill roles against enemies get a +1 bonus.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Ultra-Survivalist:
The army with this specialty is led by ultra-survivalists, or are themselves. Prepared for virtually any situation, every part of the army gains +1 to any defensive roll.
That is so cheap, at the extent it is almost as cheap as my other friends ideas.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:06 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Ultra-Survivalist:
That is so cheap, at the extent it is almost as cheap as my other friends ideas.
Says someone who suggested +1d6 to all weapon damage??? That's a +1 vs. a +3.5...

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:
Ultra-Survivalist:
Says someone who suggested +1d6 to all weapon damage??? That's a +1 vs. a +3.5...
Readfail.

Computer-controlled: All of the units in the force are controlled by computers with military strategy and targetting programs. However, they lack the situational awareness and resourcefulness of humans, so unorthodox actions are rarely made.

All units gain a +2 skill modifier on normal attacks, but all Stupendous Feat rolls suffer a -2 penalty.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.