SHIP size scales?

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:28 pm

Warhead wrote:Someone pass me my bitch slapping tire iron.
Here you go, just make sure you clean the blood off before you put it back.
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Thanks, I may have to press the booty bothered alert button with it for Dilanski after I'm finished.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:53 am

how about... just build it so that it looks cool and then name it depending on the weaponry, because even if a ship were 200 studs long, if it had no weapons, it would not really be much of a destroyer.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:39 pm

I did the reverse of that joke already. Here, take another look at my pocket battleship... oh, er!

Despite the amount of guns on this thing it is still quite clearly just a shuttle, because of it's size and the size of it's crew.

How about this, if you haven't got the resources to make something awesome like NatalyaAF's Venus Destroyer you either scale back to making smaller ships and be happy or make fleets of Micro Scale ships... or both as I'm thinking of doing.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Just curious, if he fires all those guns at once does it melt his power source? :lol:

On a more serious note: I do like the way the gun on it's back looks. On the right ship it would be great.
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Warhead wrote:I did the reverse of that joke already. Here, take another look at my pocket battleship... oh, er!

Despite the amount of guns on this thing it is still quite clearly just a shuttle, because of it's size and the size of it's crew.

How about this, if you haven't got the resources to make something awesome like NatalyaAF's Venus Destroyer you either scale back to making smaller ships and be happy or make fleets of Micro Scale ships... or both as I'm thinking of doing.
What ever happened to the Thunderchild?
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Still in the Shipyard but building is on hold. I have all the parts I'll ever need for her, I'm just fed up.

I've been messing about with the mid deck here but I'm having problems seeing how the levels can work when I need them to disassemble.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:04 pm

Warhead wrote:Image

Still in the Shipyard but building is on hold. I have all the parts I'll ever need for her, I'm just fed up.

I've been messing about with the mid deck here but I'm having problems seeing how the levels can work when I need them to disassemble.
Keep working on her. I can tell it's going to look bad ass when finished.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Is it done?

Post by Skyian Leader » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:46 pm

Is it done? Sorry to resurrect, but I am also in the construction of what I hope to be a destroyer when its finished.

What is special about it is that all the weapons can be hidden into the hull to expose armour, so when it jumps into system it appears just an unarmored large freighter, then the bridge raises up and the main guns flip up and the laser bank pops out and the 4 missile defense twin mini guns extend and missile rack is uncovered... and the Mass Driver is powered on =).

I can't wait to finish that as well! My ship has a very large displacement for the lack of weapons it has, at least comparing it to your ships on the fourm. 2 main Quad beam turrets, 2 lazor banks of 3 lazors each, 4 twin mini guns, 3 AA missiles, 2 AG missiles, and a anti missile array with 4 missile interception rockets, 2 super missile interception rockets, and a little blue drone thingy made out of the police cruiser set originally just a light for the police cruiser that was my brothers. And of course the big Mass Driver that takes the power away from the beam turrets to fire.

The ship also Boasts landing gear, a Medium Defector shield array, and a raise-able bridge and big engines; 2 small in the front pointed down and can swing side to side for inside atmospheric operations, and many on the back of the ship for its main thrust. It is built solidly, so that if you dropped it from about a foot and all weapons have retracted, it wont loose anything structurally critical.

wow, didn't mean for this to be a little wall o' text... sorry!

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:57 pm

And what reverence dose that post have to the topic?

If your asking about scale.

http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/advdesign.php

Is quite help full. the whole site is a rather interesting read.
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.