OMFG! WHATS HE DOING?!. BUT, THESE AREN'T SPACE-FIGS!

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:29 am

The Knightly Orders are about to teach a rabble of Infantry the error of their ways. This rabble army, from a migrating people, have recently encroached on the Kingdoms boarders and look to be intent on settling the region. As anyone knows, Cavalry rules the field and Infantry are nothing but wheat to the scythe of Cavalry Warfare. The problem will soon be resolved.

The Charge goes in, hooves thunders the ground, blood pounds in ears, the killing awaits! For King! For Country! FOR GLORY!

The death screams of dieing horses shatters the Knights bloodlust...

In orderly ranks the Macedonian Empire ply their bloody trade as sarissa Pikes thrust and plunge into valiant hearts.

Inducted from an early age the peasant levy of the Macedonians are trained in absolute discipline, order and duty are his life.

Training that will see a peasant army stand and face a heavy armoured charge without flinching. Each man relying on his brother as a whole the phalanx works it's bloody business...

Until the charge is shattered in blood.

Lightly armed the Pike Phalanx can rapidly advance or retreat or change facing to ward of attacks. They press home their victory and drive the Knights before them.

Heavy infantry protects the Pike Phalanx' vulnerable flanks with sword and pistol (not sure if I'm going to include gunpowder and pistols etc, still to decide).

A couple of Scouting High Elves watch the slaughter, laughing their prissy little arses off.

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:57 am

Absolutely awesome. Nice to see some medieval figs again. The uniformity of the figs, and the tactics they use, are both freakishly cool.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:19 am

Now thats a schiltron! Nice demonstration

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:34 am

I'm liking that unicorn.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:10 pm

:<3:

Keep it up Warhead!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Argh, were those knights the French or what? Great army Warhead. The only things that look off are some details (bearded elf, the hair on the female elf and the hats with the red plumes on the armoured units). Will you be expanding these guys? If you do, I guess 'historically speaking' (should you care about that) gunpowder would indeed make sense with an army that has drilled pikemen.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:42 pm

Great job man very great job.

Keep the work up, just one thing when units get past the sharp bit of the pike they kind of have a problem, especially when they have their backs against a wall. You could of course buy a few of these and give them some hand weapons.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks lads! The pike phalanx was around long before gunpowder, even before Alexander the Great, which I'm basing these guys on, sort of. The Bearded Elvin dude, ok, that's true. The hair stays, maybe it's a dude too. Dapper Elves?.. As for getting passed the pike, that's why they are in rows with some further back than the front row. But true enough, it is a weakness of this style of combat.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:07 pm

Haha it does make sense when you think it's a guy. Your elves are amazing, btw, you're actually making Peaches look cool! Blasphemy! The knights were pretty cool too.

Yeah sure but I don't have to tell you the 'real' phalanx used shields as well, though I do think I recall some units in Hannibal's army who used just spears and who am I complaining to anyway 'cos I even name my Bull halberdiers phalanx for the hell of it. The way they look reminds me of early modern time levy pikemen more than ancient pikemen but then I was of course saying if you wanna be historically correct. Hey, I'm a history student, I can't help it ;) I think they'd look great with some gunpowder units alongside them if you wanna go with gunpowder.

CrazyHorse is right they're a great, great base for an army but vulnerable without support - I mostly recommend ranged support as a regiment of archers would quickly decimate these guys, but I'm pretty sure you've already thought of that. That is, of course, if they're not just for show ;)
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:29 pm

Thanks von Brag. History Student? Sheer envy, if I won the lotto it's what I'd do. Are you sure about the shields. I'm sure I read that the shields were a myth for Macedonians who relied on light to little armour so they could manoeuvre. The ranged thing and gunpowder, yup, that's what I was thinking, but then they would be a far later type of pikemen altogether.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:49 pm

I think that the KKK (Klassik Kolor Konservative) should travel back in time to exterminate all your elves (oh please have that battle).
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:09 am

I have to admit, I first thought the pikemen were scottish and the cavalrymen english :)
Colour scheme looks nice, damn you for choosing the almost same colour scheme for your high elves as I have done to my(only) one.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:25 am

You should come to Belgium, in Great Britain studying is like 10 times more expensive than here, we don't have anything like an elite going on yet but the level is still pretty good.

Maybe not the Macedonian when they started out, but I suppose Alexander's did have shields (sources state he 'improved' them).
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:46 am

I'd go to Belgium just to traipse about the Ardennes and to drink all that Stella and Trappist Monk beer mate.

I'm thinking for the Macedonians I'll need a few more men, maybe 40 pike and 10-15 heavy infantry plus some light cavalry. Medivo armies are so much bigger than futuristic armies. I usually keep to 20-30 guys.

The ranged stuff could be Cannon and all the typical gunpowder weapons (which I'd then rather change these to German Landsknecht or Swiss mercs, although they'd need loads of armour, and the Phalanx to Schiltrons as BFenix said). Or if no gunpowder then light infantry skirmishers to keep off those pesky ranged enemy types. Perhaps combining the light cavalry by making them archers. Or maybe heavy Assyrian cavalry archers, h'mmmm...

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:29 am

Remember Patavia! Muskets, zwei handers and cannons would be all these guys need. Of course, that's if you're going for an early modern army.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?