The quest of Piltogg

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:35 pm

well you didn't really miss very much. The only part of this that was very epic looking was when the Akkadians were initially boarding Tor's Hammer. Other than that, there wasn't very much special going on at this particular section of the quest.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:41 am

1. Jeez, can you spell lack of opposition?

2. Apparently that insta-tele thing is my fault after Piltogg's fourm battle on the subject.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:03 am

Schlock Mercenary has a similar teleport invention/combat application story arc, but the Galactic Powers developed interdiction technology that prevents the materialization phase within weeks. My grasp of how it works is, as long as an interdiction engine is projecting its "shield" around an area, anything that attempts to teleport in just remains dissolved/in limbo for all eternity, or worse yet, gets disseminated across reality in an infinitely-fine vapor.

In the Star Trek 'verse, standard energy shielding seems to be more than enough to stop teleportation, unless you're the Borg.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:18 am

Erm. Piltogg's fluff text said it was powerful enough to punch through any anti-tele field in existence. Go find his battle.

Also- 37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:23 am

BFenix wrote:Blitzens forces didn't really had a chance...
Agreed. I think you favour the akkadians too much. I always can guess that what is going to happen in these. The cult was fun.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:33 am

"The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No More, No Less."

So, if he's allowed to just say, "My teleprotah can break thru aneh shieldzorz, derp derp." I'm allowed to say, "Mah sheeldz ken blok anithin u try to put thru dem, hurpa durpa." Right?
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:29 am

Much like most anime and books involving the collection of artifacts, the implication is that he is GOING to get all of them, so really there isn't much point in expecting him to fail.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Yes, but that was a forum battle while these tales of Piltogg are not. There is no process keeping Piltogg subjective here and I think it has run away with him, we were all young once... (unless you yourself are young and then you'll just have to doubt my word until you're old enough to share my point of view).

I initially gave Piltogg the benefit of the doubt and even spoke out in his defence when others voiced their concerns on Chat regards his motives for these stories but I find I too have to say I am becoming concerned as to where this is going.

Blitzens ability to have an infinite number of Stupendous feats per turn is a game breaker, and IMO it is the most powerful artefact bar none and therefore should be the most difficult to gain. Despite the ships and effort that went into this I expected to see more Stupendous ness to be honest.

The Akkadian teleporter thing is just another artefact like powerful ability such as the others already listed, but it does reek ever so slightly of Pedonuker Immortaloniumwhateverthefuckthatsilvershitwas. Why is it reeking? Because it's new. Is that a bad thing? Well, that depends.

Where I think Piltogg is running into opposition here is because just like a certain P-Nuker he is changing the established order, worse yet he's doing so to great forum icons who mostly aren't here to defend themselves and have become Brikwars history if not legends. This tale so far is not adding to history but rubbishing the past efforts of others.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Yeah, I'm not teribbly interested in the first couple of conflicts, as they are mostly to set up the story, and they all take place in like an hour of me rolling dice and moving shit, which tends to result in rather bullshity sorts of things, which I myself actually do realize. . Which Is why I'm going for Forum-battles for all the last ones which will be controlled by me, and hopefully some other people do some of the other ones also. In fact, both this one and Almighty Benny's one were done almost entirely with the knowledge that they were pretty much just set-ups for later things. So, yeah....

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:50 pm

I'll do the one for the Head Separator.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:03 pm

If IVHorsman doesn't turn up then I feel it's my place to defend the Original OTC as the Ice Worlders. If there are no objections.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Warhead wrote:This tale so far is not adding to history but rubbishing the past efforts of others.
Well, let's not all get our panties in a bunch. If this turns into a pedofest then we'll all just have to restore balance by running our own battle reports guest-starring Piltogg and the Akkadians as bumbling cannon-fodder losers. Titles like "What ACTUALLY happened? LET'S FIGHT!"

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:15 pm

@elmagnifico: since neither of them are terribly realistic, I suppose you would solve it with a what-I-say goes roll.

@warhead: Ok that is acceptable

@Natlya: sweetness :D

And yeah, I have a lack of skills with te action-picture taking, so battle's between heroes have been shitty looking so far. If anyone has tips on more dramatic looking pictures, that would be helpful.

I could always just stop and just reveal my "grand ending" without actually going through all the annoying buildup, if you guys don't like it. Because that would certainly save like 20 hours of work.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Great! :D 8) My suggestion would be more lighting. Many of your pictures are a bit too dark.

@Stubby: I don't wear them mate, I prefer the breezy commando feel. But yeah, that was my thoughts after sifting back over our previous discussion where I defended Piltogg. We shall see what this brings, I still think he'll make something good out of all this. And it needed to be a forum battle IMO to gain some credibility.

Legofighter
Officer

Re:

Post by Legofighter » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:54 pm

piltogg wrote:
Could i get instruction for these :666: awesome lookin' akkadians fighters?
From the frigid cold of Canada, -40 year long.