Ninjago Battle

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Ninjago Battle

Post by Hoboman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:01 pm

So we picked up the basic starter set and an additional Ninja and Skeleton.

Sat down and played a game. Not a bad game to be honest, but it is a top based toy game so do not expect much from it.

The single characters with cards and spinner are $9.99 USD so that is a little costly for a Lego minifig but in line with games like Bayblade or Bakagon (two other toy based games).

The Skeletons are much better then the normal ones. They stand on their own great and the arms hold up the weapons more like the normal Minifigs. The weapons were nothing new, but the Skeleton armor is great.

After playing the game I could see people using other minifigs such as a Pirate vs Ninja game. The only thing missing would be a Character card for the Pirate and that would be super easy to make.

The game was simple enough: Each Character has a “Character Card” that will control what they can do with the other cards. Each player starts with three weapons and a set number of cards.

Now the real embarrassing part. I lost both games. One I was trounced. My son is learning to go for the kill. :wink:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:13 pm

This does not appear to belong in this subforum, as this seems to be playing the ninjago top game, instead of a brikwars game using ninjago figures.
Moving to 'Lesser Games'
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:14 pm

You know what would go great with this post?

Pictures.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:18 pm

@Moronstudios: Yep, I knew I dorked it the moment I hit the post button. I did send a PM asking stubby to move it, but I did not realize you were on. Thanks for the fix.

@Robot Monkey: What would you like pictures of. This was a normal table with no terrain. Just two tops and some cards?
If you let me know what you would like pictures of, I will get them for you.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:24 pm

@Hobo: Meh, Just overall pics would be nice.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:56 pm

I'd really like to play this, just to see how it works and how I could apply the game to Brikwars...

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Are the Ninja figures as good IRL as they look in the pics? Bakagon is a load of crap to play and a total con IMO, Mini-Warhead has this despite my sage advice so would you say this game is on a par or in any way better, therefore worth the over pricing? Your description of the Skeleton upgrades does make them sound tempting though...

@RoboFuckwit: You again!?! Every irrelevant nonsensical post you make is like a curry turd stinking up the place, but your opinions are even worse so why don'tcha just do us all a favour and shut your pish guzzling anus face you puerile reject excuse for rectal dog barf. If you would be ever so obliging, thanks.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Warhead wrote: @RoboFuckwit: You again!?! Every irrelevant nonsensical post you make is like a curry turd stinking up the place, but your opinions are even worse so why don'tcha just do us all a favour and shut your pish guzzling anus face you puerile reject excuse for rectal dog barf. If you would be ever so obliging, thanks.
Meh.

(see what I did there?)

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Ah, you seem to think the same tactic you used on Silva will work more than once, this is a mistake. Would you care to test your resolve in this matter?

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Warhead wrote:Ah, you seem to think the same tactic you used on Silva will work more than once, this is a mistake. Would you care to test your resolve in this matter?
:oops: Damn, by this point i should know better than to mess with Warhead.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:18 pm

:? dammit, I never get a good fight anymore.

Sorry Hobo, please continue.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Warhead wrote::? dammit, I never get a good fight anymore.
Well, most people know better then to fight you, Warhead.

Mabye if you trollbaited a bit more.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Warhead wrote:Are the Ninja figures as good IRL as they look in the pics? Bakagon is a load of crap to play and a total con IMO, Mini-Warhead has this despite my sage advice so would you say this game is on a par or in any way better, therefore worth the over pricing? Your description of the Skeleton upgrades does make them sound tempting though....
Ok, we resisted the whole Bakagon pull. he watches the cartoon but owns almost none of the toys. Based on how fast the few he did own broke I say the Ninjago are much better. The spinner part seems solid enough. The other cool thing is that it could hold any minifigure that has "normal minifig feet". Thus why the Skeletons have that black "boot" looking thing on their feet. I will take some pictures later tonight when I can and post them.

As for the game being fun, it is aimed at the 8-12 year old kid IMO. It is not hard and is a toy based game afterall.

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder
Location: Checking back in between animations for Warhead's follow up to ZZD

Post by ForlornCreature » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Warhead wrote:Are the Ninja figures as good IRL as they look in the pics? Bakagon is a load of crap to play and a total con IMO, Mini-Warhead has this despite my sage advice so would you say this game is on a par or in any way better, therefore worth the over pricing? Your description of the Skeleton upgrades does make them sound tempting though....
Bakugan is crap, especially the later episodes, the game loses any sort of strategy it might have possibly had and just becomes this:

And whoever does the voices for the characters should be shot, they're even more obnoxious and loud than the neighbour's kids.
And I not even gonna mention how many times 'drago' has evolved yet still he manages to fall down and fail halfway through any battle and then miraculously have more energy to suddenly win. /rant

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:11 am

Here are some pictures to give those who want a visual something to see.

This is a sample character skeleton

Here you can see how they have added the "boots" so he can lock into the spinner (see below)

Here is a close up on the armor. I love this armor.

Here he is next to his spinner.

Top shot of the spinner, you can see how there are two clips that hold him in until he is "knocked" out by another spinner.

This is a shot of the bottom of the spinner.

Lastly, here is the character locked onto the spinner ready to play.

This is one of the Ninja characters. He is a fire ninja.

The back of the head gear has a clip already molded in place to hold a weapon on his back.

Here he is without hood.

Here are the two in their spinners ready for a game.