Ninjago Battle

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:40 am

I really dislike that the new skellie arms have sideways hands, otherwise they'd look perfect.

Also, the boot-legs (haha, what a pun) make me think about undead buccaneers :idea:
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:47 am

Zahru II wrote:I really dislike that the new skellie arms have sideways hands,...
I forgot I wanted to point that out. Thanks for bringing it up.

As you can see on the picture where he is on the spinner, this allws hm to "fight" but I agree, it would have been nice to have the hand both ways, say one of each like the last issue of the Star Wars Battle Droids.
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:51 am

How exactly do the spinners work? And also, what are the random Lego bricks that come with the figures for? I guess they could be used as target practice, but is there an actual purpose for them?
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Lordofdragonss
Nice Dubs

Post by Lordofdragonss » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:52 am

Zahru II wrote:I really dislike that the new skellie arms have sideways hands, otherwise they'd look perfect.

Also, the boot-legs (haha, what a pun) make me think about undead buccaneers :idea:
In the sets they have "normal" arms:

In Spinnerpacks they have to have arms like that because they would never hit with weapon pointing up...

What about quality? Tell us more!

After seeing many Youtube reviews, I am so going to buy the starter set. It a lot more fun than I thought...

And the Bricks are for some cards effects (force field pictured here):
LORD OF KURVINIA KINGDOM

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:41 am

:D Thanks for the review and pictures, I wish Lego would supply this kind of depth but they'd probably have a very user un-friendly set up if they did. I noticed you can get the better skeleton arms on Briklink so it's no big deal. I'm salivating after all these Ninjago mini-figs and new weapons. Spinners are sort of blahh but I get the marketing appeal.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:47 am

I saw that armor and went - Damn that looks like something Warhead would wear. I'm buying the starter set later today.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:30 pm

aoffan23 wrote:How exactly do the spinners work? And also, what are the random Lego bricks that come with the figures for? I guess they could be used as target practice, but is there an actual purpose for them?
Spinners: You "lock" a minifig by its legs onto the spinner. Then you spin it like a top trying to get it to smash into the other guy's spinner. knocking off his minifig.

"Extra bricks" are for two things. One is holding the character card that shows what character you are playing. The other use is some of the cards allow you to add bricks to the spinner to gain some advantage. Look at the picture Lordofdragonss posted of some sample cards. See the one that says "Force Field"? It allows you to add two bricks to the spinner (see image) thus giving your minifig some added protection.

Hope that answers your questions.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:47 am

I bought a single one (not the starter set) so I don't know the full rules but I found that when you put a weapon in the ninja's hand, that the spinner won't spin stable and will wobble and thus create more friction and stops spinning very fast.

So I have to give him the same weapons in both hands and pose one forward and one backward.
And also most of the time I spin it to hard and the minifig flies out, what am I doing wrong!?
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:59 am

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:And also most of the time I spin it to hard and the minifig flies out, what am I doing wrong!?
Short answer: Yes.

We found that if you spin them too hard the minifig does fly off. If you spin them as shown in the rule book you should be fine. The small rule booklet you received in the single is the same one found in the Starter by the way.

As for the weapon issue, my son and I had no problem with spinning them with a single weapon and having them "fight" each other. To be honest the wobble might play to your advantage as you want to knock them off their spinner so anything that gives you a slight advantage could be good. I did see that with the Ninja you need to make sure the weapon is sticking out past the spinner or you loose a lot more.

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Hoboman wrote:Spinners: You "lock" a minifig by its legs onto the spinner. Then you spin it like a top trying to get it to smash into the other guy's spinner. knocking off his minifig.
Really? I thought they were wind-up or something, they look pretty heavy-duty for something that you just spin with your hand. Now I know I won't be getting any sets with spinners, since they seem to jack the price up a bit.

Lordofdragonss
Nice Dubs

Post by Lordofdragonss » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Guys, I get the starter set today and I must say... I am impresed about quality. My minifig was great. After examination I noticed no diferences between "chinese" and normal minifig.
And If you are still curious how to play check out this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3apomuL-3fY
Or go to ninjago site, Great videos are waiting there.
LORD OF KURVINIA KINGDOM

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Huh, it's spin by hand? :?

Watched the video. Have to say that I badly want this now.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:10 pm

NINJAGO!
*spin*

Lordofdragonss
Nice Dubs

Post by Lordofdragonss » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Tzan wrote:NINJAGO!
*spin*
No, no... You don't listen to lirycs?
You have to: Jump up, kick back, flip around and spin! :D

here is the whole "ninjaGO theme song" BTW: http://www.brothers-brick.com/2010/12/1 ... -fold-mp3/
LORD OF KURVINIA KINGDOM

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Oh, my apologies, I didn't realize... *pukes* I didn't realize there was an official song :)