Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

FISH!!!
Cannon Fodder
Location: At my computer, typing whatever it says in that box->

Clash of the Tides: Turn 7

Post by FISH!!! » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:12 pm

Welcome to the final turn turn...

Red Lions: Bragallot
The Cleric tried blasting the Skelies... but the results went rather badly...
Behind him the last of the infantary charged the Skelies too...
The Padalin's Divine boost abiltiy rolled the completely the opposite of the Cleric and blasted most of the undead to death, the last swordsmen then finished off the remainder.
Exhausted they stopped there.
Francais turned around to use his own Padalin powers on Warhead...
*Ka-Boom* More insane rolls...
The medic and Witch were incinerated Deathstalker lost an HP, Francais lost his horse and an HP then went flying and Warhead...
...was knocked down but managed to live.
Fabian lived too, after a sucessful Redshirt.
Francais landed way over here, in the temple cave thingy. (and was knocked out by the force of the blast)
Von Brag pops out of hiding and aims for Warhead...
Nope no good, he's still alive...

Undead: Warhead
This time Mr Munchy rolled a six and ate awhole Knight, thus regaining his lost HP.
Right now Warhead... wait were'd he go?
Oh there he is... However the attack roll failed to kill.
Von Brag and Warhead face off a top the dead Awesomesaurus...
(Well this is new...)
*Clang*
*Sword fight noises*
*Smash*
Von Brag, fell down and lost an HP.
(Er... does this count as defeating him, Warhead?)
Warhead strikes a pose.
Deathstalker walked over and stabed the Padalin and swordsman to death.
Malak started casting a spell on the fallen Titan...
Turning him into a sort of pupet...
He quickly grabed a burning chunk of Von Brag's mech...
It however only traped Von Brag, and didn't kill him...

Pembridge: Zahru
The last of the Pembridge men moved to attack Malak...
Stompy decied to take out Malak's redshirt first, which he did with perfect accuracy.
His men then stabed Malak, making him lose an HP and his concentration...
Causing the Titan to fall back to his death.

Conclusion:
Warhead was just preparing to finish off the traped Von Brag, when Stompy rushed over to fight him... Since Stompy's still in full health, things looked bad for him...
Fabian, however quickly noticed just how few men they have left and cast a final spell...
*Zap*
*Zap*
*Zap*
*Zap*
Which his force back together, Warhead realises he can't take Merdos with a Daemon, a wounded Daemon, wounded Necromancer and he himself being wounded.
Fabian hurries over.
"Well, this is over. We have too few men to continue this fight. But this is not a loss, oh no, they'll not stand again in the plains... If Lucian takes the border then we'll move to Merdos in full force. Fabian, you must go to the fords and find the results of the battle there, I will return to the Keep."
"At once, Warhead, I'll return with news as soon as is possible."
Fabian rides off towards the fords...
"We... must... leave... now... they'll... come... after... us..."
"Yes, we must."
"Come then we'll move."
"Deathstalker, Aktar... is he dead?"
"Yes, he fell by my hand... we will not be troubled by the Wanderers again."
"You have his head?"
"I did but it was lost on the field. However here is his staff."
"Thank you, Deathstalker, this may prove useful..."

Back on the field...
"Von Bragstien, are you all right?"
"I'll live that's for sure... What happened did we win?"
"Sirs, I can find no sign of lord Francais, he is not with us and I fear he fell..."
"Fear not! I yet live, though in answer to your queation Karl, if this is a victory, it feels very like defeat..."
"Then back to Merdos it is, we held the wave but victory was not enough."
"Aye, but if the fords are held and Alax has succeded, then we may yet winthis war..."
"Then we'll go to gather news..."

The last of the Red Lions, Von Brag and Francais, both on one HP and the swordsman officer.
And the last of Pembridge, one Knight (on 1HP), Stompy (somehow still on 2HP) a Guardsman, the Guardsman officer and the sailor officer. Allong with two stray horses.

So that's over and there was no clear winner... Well, onto Kills anyway...
The Kill Chart wrote:Red Lions 48
Undead 53
Trollz 12
Dark Elves 3
Pembridge 16
Desert Wanderers 3
Final side view shot.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Don't tell me Warhead again has more kills because of killing his own team :lol:

Next time I pick up a melee weapon, I need to remember to take something bigger.

This game was going almost perfectly when it all suddenly went horribly wrong in that last round before the end... anyway it was good. The way I thrashed through those Orcs and Dark Elves was totally kickass, sadly the buggers just kept healing and raising each other.

A draw is fine, but if we'd carried this on for one more round they'd have certainly died because of who was engaging who. (and the fact I would've acted first again, eh eh eh). Now go dwarves!
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:45 pm

This was quite fun, I really enjoyed participating in it.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:02 pm

...Trapped with one HP left, you are one very lucky von Brag Clone. Fabian, a small word about timing my friend.

Great game F!SH, best one I've been in yet! :D

This went well up to a point, the lack of initiative sucked the ass of a down and outs skid and piss stained pants. Every time! I sometimes get the first round but then it's no use. Random initiative rant, blah, blah.

Loved the kickin' the Wanderers got, that was very enjoyable. Hey, don't forget some of your Imperial lads were only sleeping Zahru, some may have survived unless my lot have already cut their throats in their sleep. :twisted:

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:00 am

Don't talk to me about luck, you should've been dead waaaaay before that 8) My dumb cleric was supposed to aim you too. How about some more redshirts? ;) Just remembered I forgot to send orders for the artificial woman. Bummer. Could've been funny.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:01 pm

:D Yeah, yeah, yeah... I learned a lot of new tricks and ideas from this battle that I can't wait to use next time.

@Zahru: You were one tenacious thorn of gitness, constantly there messing me about. Aaaaagh, with foes like these life is grand! :twisted:

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:20 pm

Well, that's what a support team should do, amirite?

Also, for the lulz, I'm copypasting how bad I was with correctly recalling that demons name and coming up with funny alternatives instead of 'the demon' in my orders:

Zelewhatshername
Zeleithingamajig
Zeleikaleidoscope
Zelzeibob
Zeleika

FISH!!!
Cannon Fodder
Location: At my computer, typing whatever it says in that box->

Post by FISH!!! » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:31 pm

Oh yah, that was funny, Zahru.
...Trapped with one HP left, you are one very lucky von Brag Clone. Fabian, a small word about timing my friend.
Well, Stompy was coming over to kill you... But sometimes I forget just how much you just want to kill Von Brag...

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Not at all, I've never once wanted any of my favourite foes to die. However, when they so persistently want to commit suicide, then that's hardly my fault. :wink:

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Does this clone / relative / whatever have a first name or is he just called 'Karl' as well? I must have missed it up till now.

Quickly reread the battle report. *afterthoughts coming up*

Epic pic:

I'll remember he has Jedi powers for the next game 8)

4d6 armour lol!

How does that Divine Boost ability work exactly FISH!!! ? It's interesting and one of my mistakes made in this battle not to use it... Ehh, when I covered Sir Pablo's men I first had some Paladins scheduled too, then scrapped them, now decided to maybe do them anyway since your new design for them is top class usage of the last castle line. So that's why I'm asking.

After rereading this 'in context' and seeing what we were up against from the start I'm actually quite glad we at least managed to stop them from taking the plains. No innocent townsfolk exposed to the undead yet and no terrain lost, which is why we're fighting, right? The death of a Troll leader is a nice bonus and I hope we won't be seeing him again, he was one mean piece of work.

I was probably being too positive seeing how I'd almost taken out two teams with just the Titan and Von Brag with no casualties to stand against it though still at some point victory was within reach, but Warhead's mass-death spell (that also allowed him to escape just when we had him) was the turning point. Hats off for him to still manage to fight back so hard after all that though. If I hadn't made the mistakes I did (not moving the titan so Munchy could keep tackling it which killed my mech, not stressing the squads should support each other when they moved in so I got my pikemen massacred) that might've just made the difference.

About the healing thing though, the undead / dark elves healed no less than 15 of their guys this battle, which is entirely in their right to do, but I do think it had too much of an impact, likely because it was too easy for them to heal, which kinda sucks because it almost forces you to start healing as well to keep up the difference and limits the usage of more 'creative' spells since these get nullified if healing is so imba.

Since fantasy Brikwars requires specific rules and I'm lucky to have other Fantasy-inspired people with good ideas on this forum I'm willing to discuss if we should limit it somehow (I think we should), and how.

Nothing too big since I'm not AGAINST healing but I think useful limitations could be:

- The fig that is to be healed should be whole (so no healing decapitated ones and stuff)
- A healer / deadraiser cannot move after he's healed a fig / attempted it.
- The healer / deadraiser has to get within 2" to heal a dead fig.
- Healing more powerful units should be harder
- Units that aren't specifically healers (like random mages or mage heroes) have a 1 round cooldown to healing, meaning they can only heal once every two rounds.
- A healed fig can only make an action / move the round after he was healed. However he can set up a response action.

One I'm not sure about since I'm quite happy with the limitations I've already thought of, but still, another idea:

- A fig can only be brought back from the dead once.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Bragallot on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:32 pm

I'm already using most of these 'rules'. So yes, I agree with them. My only addition is that on a critical success the healed/rezzed minifig is fully functional on the turn it was brought back.

Also, mages are mages. They shouldn't heal. Warlocks and other special hybrid (ie: my Warhead) classes have to have limitations, like in Tides of Darkness with Warhead's mass resurrection: it can work, but the animated units died right after they did their duty.

1500th post yay!
Last edited by Zahru II on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Yeah, good addition. And it explodes and becomes un-healable on a crit fail, as happened in FISH!!!'s battle and one of mine (Desperate Alliances I think it was) already.

Edit: wow just looked at my own post count and you really wonder where all those posts go when you think about it...
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Another experimental house-rule I did was that dead figs can only be resurrected the turn right after they have died, since they're on the brink of life and death/unholy magic still pulses in them (skellies). If you miss the opportunity, they're gone for good.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Do I get more ranged weapons then? :D

You should also know that most times I'll impose or suggest a likely limitation or risk to my larger, and sometimes smaller Hero feat Spells.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Zahru II wrote:Another experimental house-rule I did was that dead figs can only be resurrected the turn right after they have died, since they're on the brink of life and death/unholy magic still pulses in them (skellies). If you miss the opportunity, they're gone for good.
That's something I was thinking about too but didn't write down since it could be difficult to keep track off (you could put the minifig's arms up or something to signify they're on the verge of death, but what's saying you won't forget who just died and who's arms should be put down at the end of the round?) and 'reasonably' ( :sbr: , I know) that would put human healers at a disadvantage against deadraisers since necromancers are supposed to be able to raise anything even if it's been dead for ages.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?