Teaser Report

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Teaser Report

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Entry: Early Winter G.R. 2011 - Alazar's intelligence reports a large contingent of Rainbow Knights and myriad other forces assembling along the boarders of Lucien's kingdom. Perhaps not an overwhelming threat, but they certainly are in need of a little color-coordination. Lucien charges Alazar to engage the Rainbow Knights on the open field in order to give them fashion tips. And then slay them all.

Battle Date: Jan 28
Combatants: Me and my friend Mez
Scenario: Annihilation (duh)
Scenery Note: This game was held at a campus gaming club. Terrain is obviously not Legos. We used unpainted foam buildings that are typically used by the club for Mordheim matches.

Rainbow Knight deployment zone. Mez is fielding a block of 10 cavalry, two units of heavy (armored) infantry, three cannons, two squads of (4) archers, and a unit of armored rainbow knights with skeletons.

Widescreen of the Rainbow Knight battle line.

My deployment on the opposite side of the table. From top to bottom: two ballistae, a dragon mage, heavy cavalry, two archer squads, armored infantry with CC master, two units of spearmen, a unit of duel-wielding slayers, Alazar on the griffin, another dragon mage, and another archer unit.

Another shot of Lucien's battle lines.

Darius with the dragon's banner leading the cavalry.

Turn 1. Mez surges the cavalry block and infantry forward. Rainbow Knights Ho!

Mez is also fielding a scorpion (in background). You can also see the "king" who represents Mez's hero. He wields a "heroic" sword.

Darius and the cavalry advance. In the background, Alazar (who also has a "heroic" staff) has his griffin perch on a crumbling building.

The dragon-guard infantry push toward a choke point between two buildings (hopefully) baiting the rainbow cavalry.

Successful spell-casting by the dragon-mages teleport the ballistae into two different buildings for height advantage.

Turn 2: Mez has the rainbow knight charge toward my infantry. Unfortunately, the sprint distance was insufficient, and the king's feat fails to urge them forward the remaining distance. :twisted:

Mez's cannon aim at the house mounted ballista.

...and waste it!

The ballista crew is disrupted.

Alazar casts a spell to attempt to disorient the charging rainbow knights. It fails and ricochets, upending Lucien's other ballista.

Archers take aim and let loose at the exposed rainbow cavalry in the distance.

The slayers charge in with the CC masters and inflict heavy casualties on the rainbow knight cavalry. Several slayers die to counters.

Turn 3 +

Being so cold in the North East this time of year, the weather drained the greater part of my camera battery. At this point, the camera died.

In the next several turns, Lucien's infantry make short work of the remaining cavalry. Alazar and the griffin single-handedly dismantle the rainbow knight archer squads. Mez continues to press his heavy infantry toward the center of the board.

The dragon knights charge one of Mez's heavy infantry units and get wiped out! (No cavalry success all game). Mez's scorpion sneaks around the flank and destroys my final ballista and dragon mages.

A successful spell separates Mez's infantry by a firewall. The CC masters defeat one unit of Rainbow knight infantry, archers clear another (taking multiple losses), and the griffin assaults Mez's cannon. In the end, rainbow knight infantry are obliterated while my forces are wittled down to 7 spearmen, 6 archers, and Alazar.

Tune in next time for a more fully pictorial report.

Rev.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:04 pm

I still keep turning my attention to that Gryphon. that thing will never get old.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Great battle and nice use of alt terrain!

DarthBrik
Cannon Fodder

Post by DarthBrik » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:32 pm

YAY WINGED TANKS!
-DarthBrik
-Defcon, Coperal

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:09 am

Another victory for MediEvuul battles, great stuff guys! :D

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:05 pm

DarthBrik wrote:YAY WINGED TANKS!
The griffin was mvp all game, drawing his archer fire away from my main units, and taking out his siege machines before they could cause too much carnage. The greatest of his assets is flight which combines for well-placed charge attacks (size 3 for a nice chunk of MOM). Not to mention protecting my hero.