army specialties

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:44 am

"Though as a wall, and just as fast.":
All your units get +2 to all damage rolls, +2 to armor, -2" movement and loose all their response actions and counter attack abilities and may only parry with a shield.

"The Chinese shovel":
A shovel also counts as a hand weapon and as a Mechanik's tool in the hands of your units.

"The gods anger strikes both way's" (needs a better name):
The controller of the army with this specialty may strike the surface that the battlefield is laying upon with his fist once a turn to try to change the dice outcome. It is preferred to play on the ground with any opponent who has this specialty.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:05 pm

Gorka Morka WAAAAAAAUUGH
All ranged and bladed weapons that are red are treated as if they were one size bigger.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

RedShirt
Officer

Post by RedShirt » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:18 pm

This is a speciality for my mutant army, led by Brik-Hed.

I can fly!
If a mutant is the last mutant on the battlefield, he may unveil his wings, and thus may redshirt from any distance.
Gungnir wrote: All ranged and bladed weapons that are red are treated as if they were one size bigger.
Does this mean that it has to also be held by more than one person, due to the extra weight?
Brik-Hed will rule you all!!!!!!!

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 pm

RedShirt wrote:Does this mean that it has to also be held by more than one person, due to the extra weight?
In terms of damage and use rating. The weapon itself isn't any bigger, nor does it cost extra.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

RedShirt
Officer

Post by RedShirt » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Ok, good because that would just make using red weapons awkward.
And also, another speciality:

What did you say?
If an enemy has some sort of speech that they say when they are about to slay an enemy, (like "I am Sir Roderick, King of the...) then Brik-Hed will just keep saying "Could you repeat that?" and cause them to waste an entire turn talking.
Brik-Hed will rule you all!!!!!!!

bigbigdogbig
Hero

Post by bigbigdogbig » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:39 pm

protein pills: +1" move, +2 skill
I hate weddings. Old people would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped when I started going up to them at funerals and poking them, saying, "You're next"

subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Post by subyrally » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:29 pm

i figured that since i have snipers in my ranks, i might come up with a few for them.

Spotter: any time a sniper is within 2" of a spotter or another sniper, skill improves by 1 and range increases 2" on long range rifles.

Ghillied: any unit wearing a ghille gains +2 in stealth at the cost or -3 movement.

Sniper On the Roof: any sniper on top of a building at least two stories tall will get a bonus to accuracy skill and the resulting shot will be a head shot.