BRÜTAL METAL

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: Apollyon, BFenix

Postby BFenix » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:08 pm

MrMcThrasher wrote:I didn't realize how much The Great Kat would be loved!
I can only think of one other female fronted band I liked, and that's Meanstreak, who were a really good thrash band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZStNomDkfDs

Cool, didnt knew about this one. What about a bit more main streamish Arch Nemesis?
Image
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4499
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Postby MrMcThrasher » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:05 pm

BFenix wrote:
MrMcThrasher wrote:I didn't realize how much The Great Kat would be loved!
I can only think of one other female fronted band I liked, and that's Meanstreak, who were a really good thrash band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZStNomDkfDs

Cool, didnt knew about this one. What about a bit more main streamish Arch Nemesis?

If you mean Arch Enemy, they started to suck as soon as they got Angela. They...softened up, and her voice is really average. Johan, their original singer, was more unique, and the Amott brothers were able able to meld brutality and melody so well. I just don't know what went wrong. I posted a song with their original singer on page 3 I believe.
User avatar
MrMcThrasher
Officer
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:57 pm
Location: South of Heaven

Postby piltogg » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:22 pm

blackthorn is pretty good and they have the wummin singers. very very unknown though.
Image
User avatar
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Fictional Deutschland

Postby BFenix » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:29 am

MrMcThrasher wrote:
BFenix wrote:
MrMcThrasher wrote:I didn't realize how much The Great Kat would be loved!
I can only think of one other female fronted band I liked, and that's Meanstreak, who were a really good thrash band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZStNomDkfDs

Cool, didnt knew about this one. What about a bit more main streamish Arch Nemesis?

If you mean Arch Enemy, they started to suck as soon as they got Angela. They...softened up, and her voice is really average. Johan, their original singer, was more unique, and the Amott brothers were able able to meld brutality and melody so well. I just don't know what went wrong. I posted a song with their original singer on page 3 I believe.

I failed back there. And yeah, Im with ya
Image
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4499
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Postby MrMcThrasher » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Austin, Texas now has a official Motorhead day on March 8th.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=154992
User avatar
MrMcThrasher
Officer
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:57 pm
Location: South of Heaven

Postby subyrally » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:45 pm

i would add American Head Charge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf3nnMbi ... re=related


also, one of my favorites, not just because im friends with the front man either.

Nothingface

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgVV9XQyI2Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NWNMI7 ... re=related
TROLOLO
subyrally
Dimmy
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:01 pm
Location: md

Postby Tuefish » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:15 pm

"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds
Image
TROLOLO
Tuefish
Dimmy
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:26 am
Location: The Emerald city

Postby BFenix » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Tuefish wrote:Turisas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x-5ZkTMyMc
New album.
:cwolf:

Just discovered them, freakin awesome pagan metal band!
Image
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4499
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Postby Nitewatchman » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Anyone heard Periphery?
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
User avatar
Nitewatchman
Galidor
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Pants.

Postby johndobad » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:32 pm

My top choice.

This is a difficult one.

But I will have to go with Amon Amarth.

Edited my speeling because i suck at it.
Last edited by johndobad on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
johndobad
Hero
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:02 pm
Location: shirt

Postby MrMcThrasher » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:07 am

You spelled Amon Amarth wrong.
Anyway, anyone ever hear of Nitro? One of the worst bands ever. But one of the manliest, next to Kiss and Slayer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgDZAYBfKrg
User avatar
MrMcThrasher
Officer
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:57 pm
Location: South of Heaven

Postby fredde » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:03 am

Rammstein but i think they are more of a industrial rock band.
Image
Natalya wrote:Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.
User avatar
fredde
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:48 am
Location: sweden

Postby johndobad » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:50 am

MrMcThrasher wrote:You spelled Amon Amarth wrong.
Anyway, anyone ever hear of Nitro? One of the worst bands ever. But one of the manliest, next to Kiss and Slayer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgDZAYBfKrg


I noticed. lol thanks for pointing that out. still doesn't change the fact that they kick ass.
42.... 42 is always the answer
User avatar
johndobad
Hero
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:02 pm
Location: shirt

Postby subyrally » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:11 pm

fredde wrote:Rammstein but I think they are more of a industrial rock band.


this is true, but absulutely awesome none the less.


GWAR is epic too.

some new stuff out from them too. the new album is called "Bloody Pit of Horror"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgo0_VuaT7o
TROLOLO
subyrally
Dimmy
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:01 pm
Location: md

Postby MrMcThrasher » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:26 am

GWAR is pretty damn epic. It's funny how much musically they have matured.
In fact, compare it to one of their older offerings right here. Scary, right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCNYK_9hKDk

To be fair though, they don't like that entire album...
User avatar
MrMcThrasher
Officer
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:57 pm
Location: South of Heaven

PreviousNext

Return to The Metal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest