March 6 Brikwars Day: Teaser/Set-up

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

March 6 Brikwars Day: Teaser/Set-up

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:57 pm

On March 6, somewhere on the East Coast, 6 friends assembled in order for a healthy dose of pizza, comradeship, and brick-carnage. Some traveled great distances in order to meet on the field of battle, and, for many of the generals, this was the first actual soiree with Brikwars proper. It goes without saying that a fantastic time was had by all (all 10 hours of gaming!!), with heroic feats and follies from the day being recounted late into the night after the dismembered had been cleared from the field.

Because of the large number of photos taken, this thread is merely the introduction and a collection of shots taken prior to any battle. Over the next several days, games 1 and 2 will be posted for the enjoyment of all.

In this first picture, you can see the beginnings of army assembly, bits and vehicles and figs are strewn across the gaming tables so that generals may select and stat their warbands, as well as generate any last-minute creations. The Rev's armies can be seen at the bottom of the screen: OFF forces, and the dragon master medieval army.

Battles on this day would include forces from all times and places: from classic space to iconic castle, rainbow knight to pulp-adventure, indigenous peoples to go-cart riders, to teleporting hardsuits.

Mez, who I played in my last major game, assembles his forces for selection and statting.

The most successful force of the day was a small band of native americans, complete with a Squaw wielding a frying pan (using the RESPECT special ability). Flavorful and awesome.

Hands-down the coolest army on the field was a swarm of sub-machine-gun-wielding go carts and race cars. In the climactic second battle, this army would even include a tiered racing truck, replete with figs all over it (mad max style).

In the first battle, Rev squares off with his medievals against "Mouse" who is fielding a blue-coat and pulp-adventure army. This was an uphill battle for Rev. to say the least, as you will soon see. Mouse's favorite phrase all night (in reference to his rifle squad) was "4 shots per minute...any weather!" How true...How true...

Final teaser, Mez's medieval forces assembled for battle. The swiss pikemen in the front cleaned house all day; of course when they all have heavy armor and CC Weapons Master, you want to get out of their way...a lot...

Stay tuned for two exciting, full battle reports in the immediate future!

All the best,
Rev.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Looks like it was awesome!
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:31 am

Everything looks awesome, so post the rest soon!

The SMG Racers are indeed the coolest around. ^_^
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:43 am

Yeah I can't wait to see the battle reports. The green and white X-wing is very cool IMO, as is the group of brown and blue freedom fighters in the first pic (at least I think that's who they are, if my memory is correct).

Sloopofwar
Minifig

Post by Sloopofwar » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:53 pm

One of these days I'm going to have to sit down, pull out all the minifigs I own and slap together a solo battle like this. Damn my inherent need for color cordination.
Mal. Guy killed me, Mal. He killed me with a sword. How weird is that?

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:23 pm

I am drooling with anticipation. :P

BFenix
Pooplord

Re: March 6 Brikwars Day: Teaser/Set-up

Post by BFenix » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:friends assembled in order for a healthy dose of pizza, comradeship, and brick-carnage.
Seriously, what in the world could be better than this? 8)

can't w8 for those pics Rev