Germany Summer 2011

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:13 am

Silverdream wrote:A german who doesn't like trains? I wonder why that could be.
Maybe it has something to do with the bad services of the Deutsche Bahn AG, its shaby trains, confusing fare system and inefficient timetables.

Then again, maybe not. Maybe trains are just trains and thus nothing to make a fuss about. I never said that I hate them. In my opinios trains are like cars or supermarkets or toilets: They are there and you use them when you need them but you don't pay them any more attention than necessary.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:14 pm

knolli wrote: In my opinios trains are like toilets: They are there and you use them when you need them
I ride the subway in Boston and wished that fewer people thought like that.

Welcome to the forum :)

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:38 pm

GREAT IDEA!

Battle trains!

Essentially, we have a couple of well-armed trains going on a single track and shooting at each other!

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Yeah, and the first to flinch/trying to evade looses! ...oh, wait! :lol:

Not my pair of shoes but nevertheless very brikwaresc...brikwarish....in the right spirit.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:03 pm

I believe the term is "Brikwarsy".

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:15 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Robot Monkey wrote:GREAT IDEA!

Battle trains!

Essentially, we have a couple of well-armed trains going on a single track and shooting at each other!
I believe this was discussed after I re-watched Beyond Thunderdome.
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... ght=trains
Great minds think alike, eh?

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:44 am

OK guys, back to topic. Is there any chance that we can concentrate long enough to plan a get-together this summer? Some questions that need clearing:
6. Who wants to paricipate?
piltogg, Apollyon, me, any one else?
7. Where shall we meet?
At a parking site at the highway, at Apollyon's appartement or at Apollyon's mom's house? :P
8. When and how long?
End of July? Beginn of August? Something comletely different.
9. Wo else wants to visit the "1000 Steine Land" convention?
10. Will the battles be part of the official Immortal War? What's their background? What kind of the fraction will I embody?

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:03 am

6. Me!

7. Berlin I guess (see 9)

8. 30th July (see 9)

9. I do! We should get a table there to show off BrikWars with a giant battle.

10. Hell yeah! Background would probably be "there is this planet that everyone wants to conquer and they fight over it" unless someone comes up with a more elaborate idea.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:02 pm

yeah, if we could actually get a table at a convention like 1000steine, then that would be ideal. It might be difficult to organised if there are only like 5 people who would for sure participate. If we offered to bring extra armies for pick-up players, then they might let us.

In order to do that, we would for sure need to contact the admins of that event though, this action should probably be taken by someone who actually lives in germany, since my german grammar is even shittyer than my english grammar.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:30 pm

12.5% chance of me being able to go only if it doesn't conflict with school. 30% chance if the game was being held at this convention. What's the date? I'm guessing we should try and fit in as many battles as possible over the length of the convention. Any hotels near the convention site? that would be an ideal place to meet. Someone mentioned letting other people play, two problems 6. Too many people would ask 7. your Lego on the line?
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Telcon the elf
Hero

Post by Telcon the elf » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:41 pm

(Clunk) That was the sound of my jaw dropping as I saw the pics from 2009.
And the worst part is, I don't think of good comebacks until after the... HEY!

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:55 am

piltogg wrote:yeah, if we could actually get a table at a convention like 1000steine, then that would be ideal. It might be difficult to organised if there are only like 5 people who would for sure participate. If we offered to bring extra armies for pick-up players, then they might let us.

In order to do that, we would for sure need to contact the admins of that event though, this action should probably be taken by someone who actually lives in germany, since my german grammar is even shittyer than my english grammar.
Why not just do an event in the UK? It would be ten times easier to organize.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:36 pm

Because two people already live in Germany and they have an awesome Lego convention? Besides, we don't have to do the battle at 1000Steine, we could just use Apollyon's dinner table or someone's hotel room. And then go to the convention to drool at the exhibits.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:17 am

Arkbrik wrote:Because two people already live in Germany and they have an awesome Lego convention? Besides, we don't have to do the battle at 1000Steine, we could just use Apollyon's dinner table or someone's hotel room. And then go to the convention to drool at the exhibits.
Neutral ground would mean that anyone can come with the facade of going to "Europe's premier Lego convention" if someones kitchen table comes into the equation then I'm screwed. Is anyone going to try and get a table at 1000steine?

http://www.1000steine.de/de/gemeinschaf ... ussteller/

I'm not a member, also I don't think they're doing things on a table b table basis. they have accommodation at a discount which is good. I can't tell whether insurance is mandatory though.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:26 am

I just realized i will not be in Berlin during the 1000steine Land exhibition so this thing becomes rather pointless (to me).
Also knowing the german AFOL community a bit i really doubt they would allow us to exhibit machines of war, let alone play wargames with them in public!

What i can still offer is to organize space to play in a gaming store some time during this summer. I'd be willing to go somewhere else, too if it is not too far away e.g. UK or the Netherlands.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!