Pay attention

Moderator: Bonn-o-Tron

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:49 am

ah! this is something that i've wondered for a while: how does one make decals in the first place? do i need special paper? do i need a specific application method? will tape work?
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby King of Brix » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:46 pm

Tape is horrible... I used regular white glue, and after a while, the decal comes unharmed off an unharmed torso. You can get the format for the decal (or at least, you could, last time I checked) off of saber-scorpion.com. Thats how me and Dan did it when we made a bunch of Lord of the Rings minifigs... Too bad brickshelf ate all our images... In any case, you get the format, stick it in paint or gimp or photoshop, get rid of all the stuff thats inside the outline, then begin doing the details on your own. Print it off, cut it out, paste it on, etc.
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby piltogg » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:51 pm

King of Brix wrote:Tape is horrible... I used regular white glue, and after a while, the decal comes unharmed off an unharmed torso. You can get the format for the decal (or at least, you could, last time I checked) off of saber-scorpion.com. Thats how me and Dan did it when we made a bunch of Lord of the Rings minifigs... Too bad brickshelf ate all our images... In any case, you get the format, stick it in paint or gimp or photoshop, get rid of all the stuff thats inside the outline, then begin doing the details on your own. Print it off, cut it out, paste it on, etc.

clasic castle.com also has good decals as well as templates to make your own
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Rayhawk » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:57 pm

The best decals and templates are all collected in one place over at Minifig Customization Network. This is a good place to start:

http://www.minifigcustomizationnetwork. ... atecentral
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:06 pm

i was kidding with the tape <_<

and you really just print it onto paper and just glue it on? man, i thought it'd be way more complicated than that!
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby King of Brix » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:06 pm

Nope. Thats it. It's really simple, but it might take a while if you want it to look good.
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby __Nero__ » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:41 pm

I use label paper. I print it off then peel off the back and stick it on my fig. Then wen u want to take it off just kind of peel it off. Some sticky stuff might be left so scrape it hile rinsing it under warm water or use nail polish remover.
THIS! IS! BRIKWARS!
__Nero__
Hero

Location: In a dank dark cave plotting ways to kill peach colored figs and dimmies

Postby Captain Nomouth » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:50 pm

Wow, this sounds so simple. I always thought it would be a financial disaster to try and make my own minifigs. Now I can make an army that matches. YAY!
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
Captain Nomouth
Officer

Postby youaredoome0 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Now my army can match too! But do I want them to? Hmm, stealth...
TROLOLO
youaredoome0
Officer

Previous

Return to Announcements