Paladin Corps vehicles (warning: extremely pic heavy)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Paladin Corps vehicles (warning: extremely pic heavy)

Post by enders_shadow » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:24 pm

As per request, the Paladin Corps has agreed to relinquish basic information about their vehicles, as a gesture of peace.

First off is the Micantis battle tank, the main tank of the Paladin Corps.

As most of Cain-un's threats are personnel-based, the tank has adopted a large minigun as opposed to the traditional cannon. it does, however, sport 10 mk2 missiles on it's turret. it has room for twelve troops, plus the pilot.

with the turret removed

next, we have the Nitidus class mech, still a fairly early prototype

This behemoth has a huge amount of firepower, with one mk1 chaingun, a plasma blaster, an auto-cannon, and dual chain-linked miniguns. this is the powerhouse of the Corps. it can hold a pilot, and these pilots must be extremely smart and intuitive. only the best become mech pilots.

Wrapping up our land based vehicles, the Laevitas speeder. the engineers built this thing from the chassis of the Micantis, and so it has roughly the same outline.

used primarily as a fast attack vehicle to transport either the marines or the heavy support squad, the Laevitas has only a mk3 heavy chaingun, as it assumes that it will be transporting much more.

Now the air force.
the Adorior VTOL is used as an attack vehicle, for hit-and-run tactics. it has an emp pulse cannon, ten mk2 missiles, a grenade launcher, and a minigun. In a pinch, the Adorior can also carrly two troops inside, but this space is usually reserved for cargo.

Next is the Roro assault pod. while it's small engines can only support it for a short time, the Roro is extremely fast and agile. for weaponry, it has 2 mk2 missiles, and 2 miniguns.

Now, the men(and women) behind the machines. these are the *new* pilots. the ones with the breathing apparatus are the air force pilots

Also, to close, I whipped up a new chainsword design for Aeryn. lemme know what you think

The whole mechanized force

subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Post by subyrally » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:36 pm

very cool, i, like it.

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Minigun tank.

Epic win.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Awesome stuff. Too bad y'all are peaches. :son:
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:20 pm

thanks, a lot of my inspiration for newer vehicles was derived from roc77,so it's kind of fitting that they're all peach

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Oh and by the way you can never have too many pictures in OP in this forum.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:01 am

:protip: If it looks like a tank, but it carries troops and it has an a smaller gun than a tank, it's an Infantry Fighting Vehicle. Regardless of what it is though, it is very kickass, like your other vehicles.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:44 am

:csi: :man:

The Micantis is beast.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:58 pm

:boss:

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm not surprised you listed RoC as an influence, I thought your vehicles looked awfully similar. My faves are the tank and the mecha.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:32 pm

actually, the tank was finished before I saw roc's work, but small redesigns were, of course, added. I think the most influenced was the mech, because I had tried several times before with limited success, so I gave up until I saw the maiden. @ Pwnerade, the whole point was tha it was a tank outfitted with a turret to take down infantry... it still has the chassis of a regular tank, and i'm sure i could make a cannon for it if/when I need to

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:02 pm

enders_shadow wrote:actually, the tank was finished before I saw roc's work, but small redesigns were, of course, added. I think the most influenced was the mech, because I had tried several times before with limited success, so I gave up until I saw the maiden. @ Pwnerade, the whole point was tha it was a tank outfitted with a turret to take down infantry... it still has the chassis of a regular tank, and I'm sure I could make a cannon for it if/when I need to
I still think it'd be an IFV since it carries infantry.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:02 pm

JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! at the VTOL. its like looking at a hot women and getting a boner, 'sept its a Helicopter and you jizzed off the bat. love it.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:07 pm

These look really good, I think it's fine to be able to carry troops in a tank, my original light tanks also carried troops. But I'm not the resident tank expert(who is that now btw?). I especially like the detaling on the mech, the guns looks really good, and the head top's it! It's always an honor that people get inspired with what I build, heck I get inspierd by you guys too! Keep up the good work!

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:30 pm

The tank APC is awesome, and the attack pod looks pretty tough. I like everything. ^_^
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.