And now for something cultural!

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

And now for something cultural!

Post by Cakeman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:29 pm

After spending some time this weekend trying to build a decent dropship and failing miserably, I put together a little scene from my new empire. First came the marines, then the regular troops (though no dropship...) although they still are lacking in ships, airforce and vehicles. So it's a small empire, though old and in all old empires there's some culture. So let me introduce Bruce:

The favourite art in the Halcyon Empire is the martial ones ofcourse, but during long periods of no enemies other arts developed. One particularly favoured is the art of the fearstricken scream. Developed by Wilhelm of Halcyon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YDpuA90KEY) hundreds of years ago, Bruce is a practicer (or soon will be, anyway). He has been painstakingly trained by his clan for years for this performance in front of the emperor himself!

Bruce with his instrument. However, he does not know what that is, because his training. To have the best scream it was soon found that the victim had to be unsuspecting. It's possible to surprise the victim, but beeing invited to a grand ball where ONE of the guests would be stabbed and it's vitaly important (for the sake of art) that the person is not told wasn't the fun thing it was supposed to be. So instead, the art developed along the present day lines. Here is a picture of the regular troops invited to this occasion - they have performed well and are allowed to stand honorguard in the emperors throne room on this auspicious day.

How did Bruce get chosen and how has he been trained? All spastic minifigs are chosen for this when they are young. What's really wanted are swift, decisive handmovments that are not entirely under the figs control. The minifig is then taken into a totally padded enviroment - no hard corners, lots of pillows and they're not even allowed to look at a sharp object. They never know even a bruise nor papercut, and are given daily song lessons to develop a great voice. And here is the emperor himself positioned on his throne, with his wife on his left hand side and his son on the right. In front of him the scene where Bruce soon will perform.

The performers are only good for one performance, after that the surprise doesn't really... shine through in the same way. Veteran warriors are afficionados of screams after years of war and raiding. And now Bruce enters, totally oblivious to what's about to happen. The emperor tells him to play with the object in front of him, and everyone tries not to chuckle or giggle.

And Bruce does not dissapoint! Obediently he picks up the knife, never having seen a sharp object before. The total naivity is strange to the other minifigs but they in turn sharpen (pun intended) their ears.

And in one swift spastic movement Bruce cuts his own hand of, and in total surprise screams out. All are amused and the quality was surperb, the clan that trained Bruce are given much credit and the veterans all agree it was a pity he only cut of his hand.

There, a small presentation of what passes for culture in the Halcyon Empire. Some proper war vehicles to follow soon, I really really hope. I wish for some inspiration.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:33 pm

Nice start. love the troopers, that is a great combo, especially paired with the higher ranking officials in golden armor. exo-force, I presume? if so, gotta get me some of those

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:34 pm

The veteran warrior on the right is my favourite. All looks great.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:42 pm

Haha, awesome. The ruler's throne and royal court is just a stunning shot, I love it!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:48 pm

do like.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Best diorama ever posted on this forum.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Ha! This is pretty kool. Great setup & design, and the self mutilation is always a plus!

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Yes, torsos are exo-force and works very well. Thanks for the feedback everyone :D

And here's a shot of the veterans, the latest addition. Veterans of countless battles, this honorary position is awarded to those who fought, killed lots of enemies and did it in a way to entertain the emperor. Often this means winning, but it's not mandatory. The guard is led by the emperor himself.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:05 pm

These guys are bad motherfuckers.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:18 pm

:ftw: man, those look amazing.great job

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:48 am

enders_shadow wrote::ftw: man, those look amazing.great job
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Ex-Lep
Officer

Re: And now for something cultural!

Post by Ex-Lep » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:54 am

indeed, beautifully done. my favortie is without a doubt the feared slayer of the space-worm on the left side. back story wanted.
Cakeman wrote: Image
We are Forum.
We are schizophrenic.
We are paranoid.
We are many.
We have multiple personality disorder.
We have no ruler.
We will devour you.
You will join us, sane or not.

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Re: And now for something cultural!

Post by Cakeman » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Ex-Lep wrote:indeed, beautifully done. my favortie is without a doubt the feared slayer of the space-worm on the left side. back story wanted.
The white marine on the far left, slayer of the mighty space-worm? I'll even get you a picture if you give me a day or two. Busy schedule.