Weekend Battle

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Weekend Battle

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:50 pm

My brother and I had a massive brikwar over the weekend and I decided to take some pics. Its just two forces, Star Wars Republic and CIS units. I forgot about the pics and just recently remembered to put them here so sorry for the delay. I only managed to get a few pics, me and my brother were simply having too much fun destroying things for me to take a large number of pics, but I'll post what I have.

Our starting positions. You can see most of my army (Republic) in this first pic, as well as some of my brother's (CIS) troops. The two squads on the counch are reinforcements.

My troops move up, quite slowly I might add. I didn't think about how long it would take each of us to get our infantry squads into a good firing position. Our tanks closed in quite quickly, and my AT-AP's massive range would make it the bane of my brother's vehicles.

First blood insures when my brother's heavy weapons droid destroys my turret in a single shot. This barren street would later prove to be one of the battle's deadliest zones.

Payback for my turret comes when my AT-AP destroys my brother's Hailfire droid in a single shot. Mass Driver FTW.

Here were our positions by the end of round four I believe. My ISP speeders arrived and began cleaning house :boss: until his tank droids showed up. Unfortunatly both of our tanks units scored pitiful attack rolls, so the real destruction didn't start untin the infantry squads and my A6 Juggernaut tank arrived on the scene.

Remember what I said earlier about this street? Even with Plo Koon, my clones didn't stand a chance against the massive amount of droids my brother brought to bear in this area. He managed to kill all of the defending clones at the front gate without taking any casualties. Good thing those reinforcement troops arrived.

After that, our infantry squads finally met and began riipping each other apart. Supported by our tanks, we each lost a full infantry squad and I lost an ISP from the combined fire from his tanks. Thankfully my other two speeders and AT-AP managed to take down two of his. He also lost a spider droid when my jet troopers arrived.

Well thats pretty much it. Discuss.

EDIT:

Sorry I forgot the last pic. The description is above.
Last edited by Ben-Jammin on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:24 pm

I like the terrain in this one. All it needed was some civilians to die in the crossfire.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:04 pm

agreed, nice terrain, and a good amount of fig carnage as well. would have been nice to know/see the end of it, but oh well. The only other bad thing about it, from what I can see, is that both factions are just store bought, which makes it a little less cool. still, great job, hope you had fun!

subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Post by subyrally » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:07 pm

it looks almost like mos eisley from battlefront. not bad, looks like it was a lot of fun.

gaunt
Officer

Post by gaunt » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:09 pm

I too enjoyed the terrain. I for one was not as turned off by the vanilla armies, because I haven't seen a good starwars battle in some time. Looks like loads of fun.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Well, I was wanting to add some additional factions, namely the Calvarians, but their army is just too small right now to go up against the 50+ clone/droid armies that I have. Civilians are a good idea however.... :twisted:

I've been meaning to build some extra buildings or structures, however I want to do an urban environment. I would love to build something along the lines of either New Alexandria from Halo: Reach, some Helghan cities from Killzone 3, or something like Quarry or Sub Base from Modern Warfare 2.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:19 pm

another possiblity might be to have the calvarians enter a bit later in the game, when the other armies are depleted... strategy ftw!

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:43 pm

Wow, that's a lot of Star Wars figs. Looked like a great battle.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Good urban battle with lots of death! Who won, or was that not important?
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:41 am

ender's_shadow: good idea, I honestly didn't even think of that.

Paco: most of my clones and droids are in there, but I still have a lot of vehicles that I didn't use, mainly my two TX-130S tanks, my two AATs, my AT-TE, my ARC-170 and V-wing, and several droid fighters.

Pwnerade: we didn't really care who won. In fact, we didn't even get completely finished! Our main goals were to have fun and destroy everything in sight. I'd say we did pretty well at both.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Great battle, but it looks like it would be more tactically beneficial to split the clones into smaller squads. They are not hand infantry and there fore not tethered to the concept of power in numbers. It just seems like it would make it more fun. Just IMHO

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:21 am

Woah, a lot of clones and droids! :O
Hope you had fun.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:03 pm

MASSIVE ARMIES

gotta love it bro! nice work!

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Although to much SW stuff for me, you could call it a themed battle. Like Nat mentioned, the terrain is sweet! And the massive armies make a hell of a Cloan War! Nice one

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:12 pm

EPIC Battle!!!... thanks for taking the time to snap and post as many photos as you did.