LO-TAC HAV 8 - "Wyrm"

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

morganm
Dimmy

LO-TAC HAV 8 - "Wyrm"

Post by morganm » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Lo-speed Tactical Heavy Assault Vehicle v.8
Codename: "Wyrm"

Synopsis:
While not as fast as other deployed, tactical, vehicles it packs a lot of fire power. It does have enough weaponry to defend itself from land and air attacks but this vehicle should be supported by several other Hi-speed, medium to light, assault vehicles. The Wyrm was designed to assist in taking out heavily fortified, concentrated, positions such as surface to air defense or communications centers.

Key Features:
- "Clear Cutters" are large saw blades with an independent power-train. Since it can't fit between trees like it's smaller support vehicles it must be able to clear it's own way. Also quite effective against infantry or even light duty walkers or mechs. Though this tactic is not advised and should be used with caution.

- High caliber, four barrel, rotating cannon. Belt-fed ammunition supplies the veracious appetite of this weapon. Heavy payloads are carried since this is the vehicles main defense against infantry or light assault vehicles. It has a broad range as it can be aimed in nearly any direction. It's main drawback is lack of defense for the gunner.

- Long range surface to surface missile. Carries only a single payload for this weapon. Used once it's in range of major objective. This devastating missile is mounted to the 'brain center' of the vehicle. The armored cockpit is outfitted with a very sophisticated computer system and must be operated by a highly trained soldier.

- High-powered surface to air & surface to surface plasma cannon barrage. Sitting on the other side of the missile is this weapon. Heavy payload is carried for this weapon as it's a main defense against light, medium, and heavy aerial assault vehicles and land-based threats. This weapon has a broad range as it can be aimed in nearly any direction. Great care must be taken by its operator not to inflict friendly fire.

- The power-train for propulsion produces 12,825 ft lbs of torque. The drive-train is sophisticated enough to allow power management to each wheel independently. As wheels slip then power is reduced to them while increased to wheels with better grip. The wide tires allow this heavy vehicle to stay on top of terrain instead of sinking deep into it. Operators have had trouble with tight turns as the wheels are able to touch each other when turning too tightly; apparently the nerds in propulsion software engineering forgot to add in checks and limitations to prevent this.

- HI-TAC LAV - "Ostrich" - Stowed in the rear is a quickly deployable Hi-speed Tactical Light Assault Vehicle. Nick-named "Ostrich" for obvious reasons; this flightless bird packs a hi-speed punch to both surface and air. When not needed it is secured to its fuel station. To deploy the Ostrich the fuel station, with vehicle attached, is slid off the back. The Ostrich is powered up and can be combat ready in 30 seconds. The front operator is in charge of navigation and the high caliber pulse rifle on the front. The rear operator is in charge of the two plasma canon assemblies (4 cannons per assembly) They have a fair range from side to side and can be aimed independently but they lack any adjustments to pitch. The rear and front operators must work together to adjust pitch if they need to shoot at higher elevation.

morganm
Dimmy

Post by morganm » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:54 pm

Been a while... we've moved out of our town home and we're getting it ready to rent. Living at my in-laws for a while. Thankfully we have plenty of room in the basement to setup the Lego table! :twisted: You can see it in the background of some pics with my son slaving away at it making implements of torture and destruction for minifig mayhem! Underneath it is... some... of our Legos =P

I haven't had much time to play with the Legos but when I did I worked on this rig. Basically just a heavily modified Power Miners set. I didn't really have a plan... my son had left the thing half tore apart and I took it from there. This is what I ended up with.

My wife caught me taking pictures of it.... rolled her eyes and said "I'm not even going to ask...." =P Excuse the picture quality please; I obviously don't have my light box setup here (don't think this dude would even fit in it anyway!)

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Nicely done, I like it very much. It seems kinda like a mobile command center, like at the head of a siege or something. I'm really diggin' the cutters, they seem to go w/ the vehicle nicely, and the walker thing is kinda cute :) great job, welcome back

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:15 pm

This is a great vehicle I have to agree with the command center comment but I think that you could make it look cooler with a bit less neon green and a more customized army.
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former- Albert Einstien.

Entity001
Hero

Post by Entity001 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:35 am

Very well done, like the colour scheme.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:56 am

Brikwars on wheels, awesome 8)

morganm
Dimmy

Post by morganm » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks!

I actually like the neon green + gray... hand in glove to me! Wish I had more of that green =P

Yeah I admit the units are just Star Wars minifigs; I didn't really spend any time on them.... just grabed some guys and threw them in.

Love the ideas about it being a mobile command center.... I should throw on some antennas and maybe a satelite dish.

Yes, Silverdream you are on to me! It's a diplomatic envoy equipped only with weapons of mass-peace. :lol:

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:33 am

you, there! be my friend or I'll kill you!!! :P See? nice and peaceful

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:21 am

What do you mean cutting up people with the giant sawblades isn't recommended? I can't think of much of anything I would recommended more. Those sawblades, plus lots of dakka, a giant missile, and the ability to deploy a walker, makes this, as BFenix said, Brikwars on wheels. I'm not normally a fan of bright colors, but I think it works in this case. It's not like camouflage will do you any good if you're crashing along through the jungle, munching up trees.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:22 am

Win! I always liked multi trailer vehicles. I like the green too, not to many people use it.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:43 pm

I love wyrms. Be they mechanical or alive. Or not so wyrm looking. Anyway, NICE job! 8)
I especially like the big ?machine?gun with the awesome bulletbelt on it. Very cool. Good colour scheme also.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!