Fight for the Quarry

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Fight for the Quarry

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed May 04, 2011 8:20 pm

Just another battle I had last night as a result of free time.

The Calvarians have discovered a quarry which is being used by a group of mercenaries as a base. Known only as the blue torches, the mercenaries have been attacking Calvarian military forces in the are for some time, and now Lieutenant Vladovich has been sent in with a small task force to stop them and find out who they are working for. Unfortunately, the chaos rebels have also appeared, and intend to capture this information for themselves. Needless to say, a three-way battle insues to discover the truth of these attacks and stop the raids.

The field at the beginning. Rebels spawn in the cliffsides, while the Calvarians start on the edge of the town. The mercs start in the garage (the white ones are medics)

The Calvarians are the first to move.

Rebels split up and move.

First Blood!

Calvarians move up again, but still not much action on their side.

The rebels get payback by killing two more mercs.

The first Calvarian death is the result of an ambush by two mercs.

The merc leader and his command crew attempt to leave using the truck parked outside.

One of the mercs is killed, although the other survived due to some massive defense rolls. I almost considered a mighty benny for him until...

...He lost his head from a .50 cal round. Thank goodness for the scouts. This was perhaps the most memorable kill of the game.

The second candidate for most epic kill came when a single rebel heavy managed to take out the Calvarian APC in a single, well placed shot. The driver didn't managed to bail in time.

More mercs and rebels duel.

The merc leader steps up and manages to kill all of the remaining rebels except two.

The Calvarians charge and kill the merc officer.

The two surviving rebels are quickly killed, and the mercs then turn their attention to the rebel sniper.

The Calvarians breach the garage and prepare to take the merc's command center.

All but one of the rebels are killed by the mercs and Calvarians.

The mercs move up and the leader prepares to enter the truck to escape.

The last command crew member is killed, while the remaining mercs hop onto the trick, and the leader attempts to kill one last Calvarian.

The last rebel is killed.

Unfortunately for the mercs, the last-minute intervention of the Calvarian RPG-man killed the leader, while another trooper killed the last merc soldier. The medic surrendered, and the Calvarians claim victory.

"Area secured, Ma'am"
"Excellent work comerades!" says Lieutenant Vladovich. "A free vodka ration for everyone!"
It was later discovered that the mercs had erased their clients from their computer before leaving the compound, and as such the people truly responsible for the past attacks may never be found. Still, the Calvarians celebrated a victory over both the rebels and a group of mercs.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Wed May 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Great battle! Seemed a little short, though. My suggestion for next time is more vehicles, and possibly mechs for all teams.

Otherwise, great battle, with plenty of buildings!

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed May 04, 2011 11:18 pm

:owned:

That went faster than I expected. But a good battle, nonetheless. Good pictures, too.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Thu May 05, 2011 11:35 am

NIce battle field! looks good enough for a reuse.

keep the awesome coming!

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Thu May 05, 2011 2:40 pm

This is pretty cool I really like the calvarians.
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former- Albert Einstien.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Thu May 05, 2011 4:25 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:NIce battle field! looks good enough for a reuse.

keep the awesome coming!
seconded, the terrain was pretty awesome. I t did kinda go quickly, but that might just be because you didn't take a lot of pictures.... anyway, great job!