Humanoid Mech Frame

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Fri May 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Perhaps I should try a Bionicle/Technic frame and adapt it with System surfaces for future buffing. The problem with Bionicle pieces is that they don't make very "straight" and precise joints

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Yeah the problem is articulation comes at the cost of stablility. My mechs right now look nice and bulky but are restricted to the click joints limitations. One of the reasons I haven't made a bigger mech or a more detailed power suit, is because I don't like to build a too delicate creation. I don't have an answer for you yet about a better joint, but if I figure one out I'll definatly share it.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat May 07, 2011 6:36 am

RoC77 wrote:Yeah the problem is articulation comes at the cost of stablility. My mechs right now look nice and bulky but are restricted to the click joints limitations. One of the reasons I haven't made a bigger mech or a more detailed power suit, is because I don't like to build a too delicate creation. I don't have an answer for you yet about a better joint, but if I figure one out I'll definatly share it.
That is one of my three issues when trying to build big mechs, which are balance, flexibility and sturdiness. Normally when I try to compensate one of these aspects another is sacrificed, so Im in some sort of impasse here. Ill try some more stuff out, will also report in if anything relevant is achieved, thx for the help Roc

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sat May 07, 2011 10:05 am

I usually don't make anything taller than a foot.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat May 07, 2011 10:13 am

Gungnir wrote:I usually don't make anything taller than a foot.
1 foot is actually pretty big already, I wasnt planning on making it much bigger than that