Paladin Corps vehicles (warning: extremely pic heavy)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:50 pm

thanks. hopefully I'll be able to get another canopy or two for a couple more pods, i have a limited amount of trans clear stuff. :cry: @roc77: I loved designing the guns for the mech, it was probably the easiest part of it... the head was probably the hardest, but I like how it turned out.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:12 pm

FUCK. YES.

THis is ULTRA BADASS

love every thing about them.

mightymigs
Champion
Champion

Post by mightymigs » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:40 am

I think the first one should be an APC

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:02 am

Amazing models with really nice attention to detail, - what's not to like?

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 am

Oh god how could I have missed this for so long?

Awesome work on the tank, but I just love the whole fooking lot - it is so very close to Roc's 45th Union - and that is always a sign of unrelenting awesome.

Keep up the good work!
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:39 am

thanks. made a drop pod, pics to come on my FIVE day weekend, for two weekends :)

morganm
Dimmy

Post by morganm » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Hot damn this shit is sweeeeeet!!!!!11111oneoneoneone

A few questions....

The squares with cylinders inside them on top of that tank... how did you do that?

The minigun turret.... what are those center pieces holding all the barrles together? Does the swivle part just rest in that square hole or does it actually attach to something in there?

Banana clip on the mech... is that what I think it is.... 1x2 plates just not fully pressed together? How stable is that... does it fall apart easy?

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:45 pm

okay...
6. the two by two bricks have technic half pins in them, they fit quite nicely in there, and it is a fairly common design (not my design)
7. not quite sure what the back half of that question means, but the piece that holds the barrels in place is this one- http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x480 - and then you just stick 8 barrels into it, and I connected it to the main turret through the cross in the middle (also, not my design)
8. you are absolutely right, they are 1x2s. it is actually pretty stable, but obviously won't be as strong as a fully pressed together brick. It isn't gonna fall apart if you look at it, if that's what your wondering. (also a pretty common design in may mechs)

hope this helped

Entity001
Hero

Post by Entity001 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:06 am

Everything is 5 kinds of Awesome! The VTOL especially is sexy!
All that's left to say is :ftw:

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Thu May 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Shit. O_o

These are fucking fantastic! Keep it coming, man!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Thu May 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Hopefully, hw permitting, I can finally take pictures of my newly (well, in the last two weeks) constructed VTOL troop transport :D .....stay tuned!

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Thu May 12, 2011 8:06 pm

enders_shadow wrote:Hopefully, hw permitting, I can finally take pictures of my newly (well, in the last two weeks) constructed VTOL troop transport :D .....stay tuned!
You've got my attention, man.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sun May 15, 2011 12:59 am

Yes, it's the moment some of you might have been waiting for, the unveilment of..... VTOL troop transport Assipiter!

but first, a warm up. this is a tactical strike pod, still very much in development. It was designed to be extremely cheap, and is, as a result, pretty much a hunk of metal with some advanced heat-shielding technology, and explosive bolts attached to a pressure gauge.
the pressure gauge works on a double-measuring standard, measuring the pressure of the atmosphere around it until there are two similar readings. then it blows the bolts, allowing the single trooper inside to disembark. the pressure technology is a cheap alternative to having controls and gadgets inside the pod, and therefore cuts down on both cost and bulk.
and here it is crashed, and with the bolts blown. through recent tests, it seems that this method is highly effective, and yields good results.

and now that you're all warmed up, it's time for the main course.

and here's the rest of it:
built to bring almost a full tactical squad into the battlefield at short notice, the Assipiter dropship is the newest creation of the Paladin Corp.
sporting two heavy repeater laser cannons and two chin-mounted dual-linked miniguns, this bird can take care of itself against most major ground threats implemented by the PLA.
The troop bay can support around twenty troops, in semi-comfortable arrangements.
As you can see, the Assipiter has a working bay door for aerial drops.
Currently, as the Paladin Corp is being refitted to be more suited for the rigors of space warfare, and battles outside of their planet, the internal affairs off ice has redirected some funds to retrain the heavy troops for parachute drops, and are being armed as fast attack troops.
now, let's talk about pilots. the new airborne division of the pilots are specially trained, and are given the latest in self-defense - the coil pistol! it is a cheaper (albeit less dangerous) alternative to the Duskpistols the Shadowguard carry.
to operate this machine, you need a pilot and a gunner.
as you can see, the cockpit is slightly cramped, but... it isn't made for comfort! here you can see the gun rack, and the overhead control panels for the pilot.
Here is an aerial view to the Assipiter, and the pilot showing the warning lights on the spine of the craft
these are meant to show when one of the turbines is malfunctioning, and the light will turn red if this occurs (then again, you'll probably already know because you've crashed, but it's a nice feature)

well, that wraps it up for the Assipiter! it's about forty two studs long, and took roughly six or seven hors (though several of those were spent digging around in boxes to find the right piece I wanted...)
the cockpit deasign was not mine, but everything else was. the cockpit was from Sean Flynn's Thunder bird.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sun May 15, 2011 1:05 am

Niiiice :D

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun May 15, 2011 1:09 am

I love tactical drop pods. :D