Ideas for BrikWars Campaigns

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

HAL-9001
Officer

Ideas for BrikWars Campaigns

Post by HAL-9001 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:41 pm

6. Risk-style map, with territories held by each player. Each player has either a total force roster or a running total of max. CP allowed to spend per battle.
7. Each "campaign round," players pick territories to contest, and duke it out with the holder. Based on several modifiers, the attacker may take the territory with victory (depending on how thorough the victory was, how far from the attackers' seat of power the contested territory is, among other things).
8. Units lost count against army/CP total, enemy units destroyed "donate" their equivalent CP (or, in the case of captured equipment, they donate themselves). CP may be spent on buying or upgrading units between campaign rounds.
9. Territories may have buildings/attributes which confer bonuses to the holder -- a factory may have an income of X CP per campaign round, a barrack may give an extra X CP to battles being fought in that territory, a space port may allow armies to "jump" into nonadjacent territories (i.e. no penalties for contesting nonadjacent territories).

Feh, I've just had these thoughts bouncing around in my head for a while (especially since reading WH40K "Planetary Empires" about a year ago), and I've finally taken the time to put them all out there for commentary. So! Your thoughts?
Heuristic ALgorithmic AFOL.
T6281: Solar Federation (Rules T6588)
T6777: Dungan Swarm
T6783: Space Pirates
T7349: BrikWars Vehicle Datasheet
T7402: Imperium Constructor

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue May 17, 2011 5:46 pm

that is an amazeing idea!!

Dertyyy
Hero

Post by Dertyyy » Tue May 17, 2011 8:06 pm

hawt.
I'll try to add something more consolidated though

EDIT:
ha!
117 posts
halo nerd i am..
You are unique, just like everybody else.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Tue May 17, 2011 8:29 pm

try it, and see how it works. This could be a really fun way of playing risk, but it could also be a hassle and kind of boring and tedious. after you try it (probably start small), then come back with the results, as this could be an awesome forum battle

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue May 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Dertyyy wrote:hawt.
I'll try to add something more consolidated though

EDIT:
ha!
117 posts
halo nerd I am..
i have never seen you before...

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Tue May 17, 2011 8:32 pm

well, neither have I.... it's the internet, that's the point. :roll:

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue May 17, 2011 8:46 pm

no it is just that there are a lot of old people [forum wise] popping up with a few random ass comments and then disappearing again. it is odd.

spartan117
Officer

Post by spartan117 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:35 pm

I already use the exact same rules! weird.....

well the one deferance is we don't use cp....ever and the places you capture give you more stuffz I.E. you capture a factory you get more tankz

happy face :)

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed May 18, 2011 2:41 am

You could simply have each piece on the game map represent a certain number of units.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

bigbigdogbig
Hero

Post by bigbigdogbig » Thu May 19, 2011 11:12 am

I can get out my risk map and try this out, Ill get back to you after 5 campain turns.
I hate weddings. Old people would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped when I started going up to them at funerals and poking them, saying, "You're next"

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu May 19, 2011 10:33 pm

The idea reminds me of the Total War or Battle for Middle Earth games

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Fri May 20, 2011 3:01 pm

My Brikwars group is officially doing that.

10 planets in the Endimus star system, and I'll be making Risk-style maps for each one. There'll be population bonuses for each area taken, and bonuses for owning entire planets.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri May 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Nitewatchman wrote:My Brikwars group is officially doing that.

10 planets in the Endimus star system, and I'll be making Risk-style maps for each one. There'll be population bonuses for each area taken, and bonuses for owning entire planets.
Add planet special rules.
For Example:A planet with slightly toxic atmosphere would give a -1 armor to all units without a sealing helmet or gas mask.
A Planet with low gravity would give all units +2" when leaping and/or no falling and impact damage.
Or a planet on which every turn lightning strikes at a random spot.
A weird planet with highly instable ABS could even be so absurd that you can only kill each other with food items.

To stop things from getting repetitive.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Sat May 21, 2011 4:36 pm

There'll be different terrain and whatnot on each planet, as well as various planetary effects.

I've drawn a star map with all 10 planets on it, each connected to various others via ship routes. We're doing things sort of Risk-style on the planet, with several regions and populations to move around and colonize with. There are also fleet units in space with their own rules.

Basically, it'll be a big strategy game, and the whole Risk-style rolling of the dice to take regions has been replaced with Brikwars battles.

I've also devised a building system to place cities, factories, and training facilities in different regions. Certain facilities must exist in certain places in order for certain units to be used in battle. For example, a star ship factory must be placed somewhere on a planet for that planet to produce fleet units as the turns go around. One star ship factory per planet, since a star ship yard would require a lot of resources, energy, and man power.

I've also included cities to increase population, factories for different things like weapons and vehicles, and training facilities.

I've got a lot of the rules written up, but I won't be posting them until I'm done.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat May 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Thing is, Brikwars games in themselves can last hours. Are you going to be holding abbreviated battles to keep everyone fresh?
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.