Rayhawk, don't make anyone MOD of the General Discussion

One man, one vote

Moderator: Butthurt

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:45 pm

Blitzen wrote:I'm already a mod...

Yeah, but he really wants to be one too.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby domo-kun » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:49 pm

NO WAY! make domo the mod! domo will fight to the death with his strongest brikwars army ever! 1583 stormtroopers, 5789 dark troopers, 3 armored drilling units, 7 hypersonic operations aircrafts, and 986 alien infiltrators!
domo-kun
Champion

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:31 pm

Mike has already covered this topic. He doesn't want anyone to be a mod in the main forums other than himself, because he is the Overlord of brikwars. Blitzen got her mod-title because she's besically the head anti-dimmy/grammar Piltogg of these forums, and it's funny/practical to put her there. Alfred Jr. is the head of the dimmies because there's a long-running agreement that Alfred is retarded/incompetent/constant victim of circumstance. as for everything else, it's mike's domain.

also, you don't have the experience, respect, or (im)maturity to be a mod for these forums. if i had to toss my vote, it'd be for Benny, Myself, and pooooossibly bonn. but that's a stretch, seeing as he wasn't even on the frappr. regardless, no. as far as i can tell, there will never be a mod for general discussion. just an administrator. of doom.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:43 pm

Thanks IV, but I'd chose you or Benny over myself. There's not just the factor that you've been around longer, but I have to admit, you guys would be more mature and rational than me.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Captain Nomouth » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:55 am

We need someone who is always on the forum. Someone who may not post a whole lot, but is always lurking in the shadows. Whoever it is they need to be appointed NOW!
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
Captain Nomouth
Officer

Postby Rayhawk » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:30 am

Most of the spammers were pretty lame, but one brought a free bunch of pr0n photos and therefore I think we came out ahead overall. But, man, what changed in the last two days? The "I love BrikWars" thing was doing such a good job of keeping them out, they must have EVOLVED. Into mudkip, most likely.

I'll see what I can do to make the text question more difficult. Meanwhile, how do I decide who would be a good moderator? Anyone who thinks they know who (besides themselves) would be a good mod, write a short essay telling me why, and then roll 1d10 and record the result. I don't know if this will be fair or if I'll even pay attention but hopefully it will at least be entertaining. GO!
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:35 am

I think bonn is on often enough to make a good mod, but i flat out don't think we need mods. just make the questions harder, and take it as a compliment that spammers find us important enough to send brikwars-loving spambots to attempt to trick us.

Six.
IVhorseman

Postby Rayhawk » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:06 am

IVhorseman wrote:I think bonn is on often enough to make a good mod, but i flat out don't think we need mods. just make the questions harder

I still wouldn't mind adding spelling and link nazis, to edit the posts of lesser spellers and linkers to make them feel powerless and inferior. Deleting spam threads would really be just a side benefit.

IVhorseman wrote:Six.

Noted.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby pesgores » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:19 am

Well... I will be away from the Internet from 2 long months, so i guess i wouldn't be a good Mod just for a week anyways (i'm leaving in the next week).

But if i wasn't leaving, i can tell you that i spend my ENTIRE day in the Brikwars Forums, when in vacation.

Make Bonn Mod.

Two.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:49 am

Well if we're talking grammar Piltogg and link monsters here, the only person crazy enough and dedicated enough to the english language is Blitzen, and i don't think even SHE has the energy! i mean that constitutes posting as often as Piltogg and J+B do since you'd have to re-write every one of their posts.

as for link monster though, Bonn usually seems to know what he's doing with links and pictures (i'm assuming that the link monster fixes broken images too). so he'd fit well here (IMO, better than as an anti-spam mod for general discussion).

YES! 10!
IVhorseman

Postby pesgores » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:51 am

Agreed.

Three, grrr.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Rody » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:20 am

making someone fix broken links and/or images would probably be a good thing yes.

1 aww crap.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Blitzen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:24 am

I think Bonn should be a mod. He's not entirely stupid, but doesn't rub his normalcy in your face. Bonn's also a regular here and posts quite a bit.

Four.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby kidko » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:05 pm

I... second? Third? Bonn's nomination.

Seven.
kidko
Officer

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:12 pm

gawd, i'd like to see SOME competitors to bonn.
IVhorseman

PreviousNext

Return to Administration