Tesla Guns

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Tesla Guns

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun May 29, 2011 11:47 pm

Tesla Guns

Cp Cost: WSx4
Use: WS+2(+1 for each additional target)
Range: WSx 8" Total range
Damage: WSd8
Notes: Shots may Leap from target to target. Range limitations.

With a Tesla Gun, the creation selects a target, and makes a skull roll. If the shot hits the target takes damage as usual. Subtract the distance to target from the total range. Then make another skill roll(adding one to the use for each additional target) to see if the shot will leap to the nearest unit or disperse. If the skill roll is lower then the use the shit will harmlessly disperse(electricity is grounded, spells are absorbed by the target, etc.). If the skill roll succeeds the shot will leap to the nearest creation. Continue to subtract the range from the remaining total. Once all of the range is used up the shot will disperse.

Tesla Duels.

If two Tesla Guns fire at each other at the same time, the charges will collide in midair roll (WS)d6 for each gun. The unit with the lower total takes the combined damage of both Tesla Guns.

Tesla Guns were designed to be weapons that served their purpose best in the hands of highly-skilled units or in large sizes.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon May 30, 2011 5:03 am

Very Nice stats, I may use some of these.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: Tesla Guns

Post by stubby » Mon May 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Silent-sigfig wrote:With a Tesla Gun, the creation selects a target, and makes a skull roll.
I plan to steal this typo.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon May 30, 2011 4:07 pm

I made stats for a similar weapon, the Arc Gun. After watching District 9 I was inspired by that weird alien gun that shot bolts of lightning that when in contact whit a soft target (humans, flesh) it would explode in a big gory blood fest.

The weapon stats were pretty much the same but it was much more powerful, lets see if I remember...

On a successful skill roll, there was no damage output. On a roll (d6) of 5-6, the target, if a creature, would explode. On a 2-4 it would disrupt the target. On a 1 (Critical Fail) the gun would go unstable and blow up. One would repeat the firing procedure to the next closest target to the latest victim until he failed a skill check.
This worked for the small battles it participated in, but I never really tested it on vehicles.

Anyways, nice job Silent. I might be building it
Last edited by BFenix on Tue May 31, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon May 30, 2011 6:54 pm

After watching District 9 I was inspired by that weird alien gun that shot bolts of lightning that when in contact whit a soft target (humans, flesh) it would explode in a big gory blood fest.
Now I MUST see that movie (and build one of those guns).

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue May 31, 2011 8:50 am

Ben-Jammin wrote:
After watching District 9 I was inspired by that weird alien gun that shot bolts of lightning that when in contact whit a soft target (humans, flesh) it would explode in a big gory blood fest.
Now I MUST see that movie (and build one of those guns).
You haven't seen it yet? It one of the best movies in its genre to date! And the alien guns are totally awesome. Gangs collected them as treasure, even without being able to use them.

Crap, can't find a decent vid on YouTube to show you... Just watch the movie

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue May 31, 2011 11:43 am

H'rm... or not. I don't mind people dicking about with a camera and some money starved students and putting out their experimental film work but I do mind being charged top dollar for un-polished and crap acted budget pish. The story line sucked worse than V but the few milliseconds of not very story orientated action were, ok? The only subject the film handled well was the Alien/Human Females pr0n/Prostitution caper, I felt that was a true reflection of what would eventually occur and they handled it quite sensatively.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Tue May 31, 2011 11:58 am

Definitely going to be using these rules.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue May 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Warhead wrote:H'rm... or not. I don't mind people dicking about with a camera and some money starved students and putting out their experimental film work but I do mind being charged top dollar for un-polished and crap acted budget pish. The story line sucked worse than V but the few milliseconds of not very story orientated action were, ok? The only subject the film handled well was the Alien/Human Females pr0n/Prostitution caper, I felt that was a true reflection of what would eventually occur and they handled it quite sensatively.
The whole alien/humans thing is very realistic, thats how I would picture our society handling with unprotected aliens. About the movie, its not so well known actors a real feel to it. And the "crappy" filming was kind of intended, fitted the environment that surrounded the movie.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Tue May 31, 2011 2:18 pm

BFenix wrote:
Warhead wrote:H'rm... or not. I don't mind people dicking about with a camera and some money starved students and putting out their experimental film work but I do mind being charged top dollar for un-polished and crap acted budget pish. The story line sucked worse than V but the few milliseconds of not very story orientated action were, ok? The only subject the film handled well was the Alien/Human Females pr0n/Prostitution caper, I felt that was a true reflection of what would eventually occur and they handled it quite sensatively.
The whole alien/humans thing is very realistic, thats how I would picture our society handling with unprotected aliens. About the movie, its not so well known actors a real feel to it. And the "crappy" filming was kind of intended, fitted the environment that surrounded the movie.
You do know District 9 was the place in Johannesburg where they put all the Black people during Apartheid, right? And that the message is that is what it was like for the black people(black people being the prawns, and without the sci-fi shit).
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Tue May 31, 2011 10:37 pm

I would love to see some tesla guns on SHIPS, and just trading huge volleys.... that would be awesome. perhaps an experimental weapon for the Brittanians?

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue May 31, 2011 11:03 pm

District 9 = Sympathy Pains.

Eeughh. *shudders*

The combat scenes were cool though.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:11 pm

these rules sound AWESOME!

Maybe some adaptation of this is in my future :)
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:43 pm

IMHO I thought that Sharlto Copely did a fantastic job of acting district 9, especially considering all of his work was improvised on the the spot. Aside from that, I personally liked the handicam use in it (Not so much in Cloverfiedl) and the movie as a whole.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Just the idea of zapping someone with a Tesla sounds fun. :lol:

Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"