Ehh, I'm done.

Pay attention

Moderator: Bonn-o-Tron

Re: Ehh, I'm done.

Postby Hoboman » Sun May 29, 2011 12:44 pm

Silverdream wrote:Yep. Added a few posts to my count. They're gonna be deleted. At least I did what a could and stood up to the man.

One of the things I love on this forum is the fact that post counts do not mean anything. Stubby keeps them in flux. :lol:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
User avatar
Hoboman
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Postby Warhead » Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Image

I'm calling booty bothered on this one.
Image
Image
Motherfucker!
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10926
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Postby BFenix » Sun May 29, 2011 3:18 pm

Post count should somehow symbolize the time a person gives to the forum. A new comer sees the members with higher post count as the wisest and most experienced. At least I saw it like that when I got here.

Silver just broke that rational link, but it still means something... right? Or should I just :sbr: ?
Image
Image
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4794
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Postby Warhead » Sun May 29, 2011 3:49 pm

I think large post counts just means your a gabby gobshite. It should be what you say that mattes, not how often... damn, doublely fucked. :?
Image
Image
Motherfucker!
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10926
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Postby Hoboman » Sun May 29, 2011 4:22 pm

BFenix wrote:Post count should somehow symbolize the time a person gives to the forum. A new comer sees the members with higher post count as the wisest and most experienced.

I think on some forums this could be true. Those where they are heavy handed with moderation maybe. But here, it was real obvious from the start that some people who post real good Lego MOCs might not post often and some of the best games were ran by people who are relativly new (when seen next to the originals). Then I realized Stubby was deleting a lot of posts from the n00bs and I realized post count held no relationship to who was the top builders, the most creative, or the best game runner.

So no, on this forum, the highest post counts do not equate to the wisest and most experienced members. As Warhead said, some of us just love to talk. :wink:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
User avatar
Hoboman
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Postby stubby » Sun May 29, 2011 4:32 pm

The forum thinks its users have "posted a total of 133036 articles," but this is post number 172754. This means that I (with some help from the mods, mostly Benny) have deleted almost forty thousand posts. This fills me with so much pride.
User avatar
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Postby BFenix » Sun May 29, 2011 4:47 pm

Hoboman wrote:
BFenix wrote:Post count should somehow symbolize the time a person gives to the forum. A new comer sees the members with higher post count as the wisest and most experienced.

I think on some forums this could be true. Those where they are heavy handed with moderation maybe. But here, it was real obvious from the start that some people who post real good Lego MOCs might not post often and some of the best games were ran by people who are relativly new (when seen next to the originals). Then I realized Stubby was deleting a lot of posts from the n00bs and I realized post count held no relationship to who was the top builders, the most creative, or the best game runner.

So no, on this forum, the highest post counts do not equate to the wisest and most experienced members. As Warhead said, some of us just love to talk. :wink:


Well... right, makes sense
Image
Image
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4794
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon May 30, 2011 1:05 am

My perspective: The only people who look at the post count-

New guys
or
Old guys attempting to back up a failed argument

We don't count ourselves by the number of times we've posted, that's just a matter of frequency. I personally glance at a member's avatar to see who it is- in fact, most of the time it just identifies the post while being off to the side.

The end result is we know who posts here. Saying that 'I've got more posts here so you fail' is a path to booty bothered.

Plus if you want to go that route Warhead and I would have to end it all in a final apocalyptic flamewar duel of the fates. So yeah.

[It's probably my fault for inflating his head by posting that picture of the Top Ten with him as number seven. I must commend The BrikMasta on his maturity though! :wink:]
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby spartan117 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:54 pm

well post count could be thought of as a number indicating how legitimate or how high held your posts are...IE silva has very few because most of his post are bs...I have few because no-one cares what master chief thinks...Ross has a high count because he has a respected opinion...warhead has so much because his words are like golden white studs shooting from the lego penis of life........you get what I mean he makes you laugh and is a great lego builder....
<img src="http://oi54.tinypic.com/9vdvd4.jpg">
TROLOLO
spartan117
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:31 am
Location: front lines

Postby Rody » Tue May 31, 2011 11:13 am

... only just now noticed silva has only 12 posts

haha, well it figures.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
User avatar
Rody
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Below sea-level

Postby GeneralOfDeath » Tue May 31, 2011 12:13 pm

stubby wrote:The forum thinks its users have "posted a total of 133036 articles," but this is post number 172754. This means that I (with some help from the mods, mostly Benny) have deleted almost forty thousand posts. This fills me with so much pride.


Holy crap! :shock:
Let's Play X-Com: UFO Defense

The New Guy's Guide to the Brikwars Forums

Threads Won: 1 2

Times Banned: 6

Time Banned: 4 Days 2 Hours
TROLOLO
GeneralOfDeath
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 930
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:18 am
Location: Waiting for my ban to expire

Postby Hoboman » Tue May 31, 2011 3:54 pm

spartan117 wrote:well post count could be thought of as a number indicating how legitimate or how high held your posts are...IE silva has very few because most of his post are bs...I have few because no-one cares what master chief thinks...Ross has a high count because he has a respected opinion...warhead has so much because his words are like golden white studs shooting from the lego penis of life........you get what I mean he makes you laugh and is a great lego builder....

This point of view is so far off the truth that it hurts. On this forum posts get deleted all the time. Did you not read Stubby's post where he says they have deleted almost 40,000 posts?

The key is quality not number. The poeple who post good stuff will always be more important. :D
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
User avatar
Hoboman
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Postby MasterEcabob » Tue May 31, 2011 5:50 pm

GeneralOfDeath wrote:
stubby wrote:The forum thinks its users have "posted a total of 133036 articles," but this is post number 172754. This means that I (with some help from the mods, mostly Benny) have deleted almost forty thousand posts. This fills me with so much pride.


Holy crap! :shock:


Yup, does anyone else remember that one time Benny came home for "spring cleaning" and wiped the entire General Discussion board? There was quite a lot of QQ'ing that day...
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
User avatar
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:27 pm
Location: Lurking...

Postby Warhead » Tue May 31, 2011 5:59 pm

Yup, the night of the spliffed up mod. Many a good post... ah, who am I kidding, I couldn't even recall any of the posts that went missing. Not one. So I just shrugged and went about my nefarious business. Almighty Benny was a cool guy though. 8)
Image
Image
Motherfucker!
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10926
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.


Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests