Roll to Dodge (that zombie!): A quicky roll/role play.

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Roll to Dodge (that zombie!): A quicky roll/role play.

Postby Elmagnifico » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:54 am

Greetings and hello, Brikwarriors! Who wants to play a RTD? I'm kinda recycling one I started on another forum and then promptly died, but whatever.

And so, on to the "roll" part of this game.

This game will be operated under the "roll to dodge" rules, which I have copied here from the "zombie master" forums:

Here's an awesome forum game!

And I won't need admin power to run it!

The rules are simple:
1. Post an action.
2. I will roll one of my trusty six sided dice and tell you the outcome of your action.

If, by some odd twist of fate, something is flying towards you, you get a free roll to dodge it. If you die, you lose the game. You win if everybody else is dead.

Here is how the die rolls work out:
1- Epic failure. You actually take the exact opposite action.
2- Failure.
3- Marginal success.
4- Success.
5- Perfect success.
6- Overshot.

You can virtually do anything, but be careful since you have a 50% chance of screwing it up. If you post multiple actions at once, only the first action will be taken. This will disregard all other actions and intent. Twisted Evil

Also, if you attempt to take an action without an intermediate action (example, you try to wear a shirt you are not carrying) the action auto-fails. You can't take the same action twice in a row, and only the first action you submit before I post the results of every bodies actions will be resolved.

Example:
ME: You wake up on an enormous bed. There are several other people here. Your mind is hazy, and you can't remember anything about the last few days. You are extremely thirsty. You notice a single glass on a table at the far end of the room. You are unable to discern it's contents.
Player1: I crawl out of bed.
Me: Roll[2]. You flop around a little, groping several other people on the bed.
Player2: UGH! Get you hands off me! I kick Player1 in the face.
Me: Roll[6]. You seem to levitate over the bed for a few seconds, then shoot straight up towards the ceiling. You execute a perfect flip, your toes just brushing the roof, and snap one leg forward in time to connect with Player1's face. The force of your kick makes the bed explode. People go flying all over the room. Roll to Dodge[5]. Everyone missed hitting the glass.

See?

Okay, I've got a few extra things to post, then I'll get on with resolving everyones actions. I am only going to resolve one action at a time, so don't post another one until I've resolved your first action.

Needs: Part of the point of this game is to fulfill your characters needs. You want to be warm and dry, fed and hydrated. You are going to try to fulfill these while trying to stay alive. Don't be surprised if something happens that gives you a need you had already filled.

Special Cases: On some occasions I may violate the rules I have posted above. Throwing a grenade, for example, I will rule as one action when it is really two (pull the pin, throw).

Special States: Some special statuses (such as being exhausted or wired) may affect your rolls. I will tell you when your character feels this way, and also reveal the affect it is having on you at that point. You should be able to figure out for yourself how to remove these conditions. (If tired, take nap!)

Death: Eventually, you are going to Epic Fail that roll to dodge a shotgun blast to the face. Or you'll overshoot a tackle and dive through a 50th story window. The point is, you are going to die. You can keep posting after you die, but cannot take any more actions. Keep an eye out though, death may not be the end for everyone...

What the numbers really mean:
1- Epic Fail: Have you ever tried to do something and screwed it up so bad the the original situation is now 100 times worse. This is the Epic Fail. From setting off an alarm while trying to hack a computer to drowning in a glass of water you just tried to drink.
2- Failure: Whatever you just tried to do, you didn't.
3- Marginal Success: You did what you tried to do. Sort of. You attempted to read the book, but spaced out for a bit and just flipped the pages.
4- Success: You did what you were trying to do. This is to the letter of your post, so it may not give you an effective result.
5- Perfect Success: This follows the intent of your post. Bullets warp around you and the universe goes out of its way to help you.
6- Overshot: Hulk Smash! Your punches send people through walls. Whatever you wanted to do happens, but in the most straight forward way possible and with excessive force. Alternatively, it will be the most off-the-wall, reality-shifting thing I can think of.

Enjoy!


A few extra things related to the rules: I'll be taking about six players for this. Once four or five players have posted their actions, I'll post the results. If somebody gets left out for about four rounds, we'll assume they were "eaten by a zombie", and somebody else can come in.

With that, to the "role" segment.

Each player starts off as a blank slate, not particularly bad or good at anything. This also means you have no equipment.

Feel free, however, to post a short bio of your character. What I'm looking for is some sort of college student.

As you fight your way through the zombie apocalypse, you'll no doubt find better weapons to fight the zombies than your fists, and may find that I'll grant bonuses that stick with you throughout the game, but until that point, the unnervingness of having zombies about has scared all the skills out of your characters.

These first few rounds may be a bit boring, but I'd like the players to please bear (or is it bare?) with me for a bit.

You wake up in a pitch-black room. You can feel a hardwood floor beneath you, and the clothes on your body. (they're kinda wrinkled) You can hear the snores of about five other human beings in the close vicinity. Your head aches, probably from all that partying that went on last night. You can smell varnish, and not much else. Your mouth tastes like you haven't brushed your teeth in weeks. (tsk tsk!)

Players may now post their actions.

I've also decided I'm going to be posting a new round every Tuesday-ish, just whichever comes first, either more than half the people submit actions , or Tuesday, that'll be when the next round goes up.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
User avatar
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: Still Controversial to Some Douches

Postby Robot Monkey » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:01 am

So we don't have to roll stats? Ok...

Well, sign me up!

Name: Alec
Bio: Alec never knew his parents. He grew up going from foster home to foster home. He found his only safety in computers, and eventually he became a great computer hacker. He cruised through high school, hacking and changing his grades whenever they went too low. He also used his hacking for not-so-noble purposes, which got him enemies awfully fast. It was at this point he became adept at fighting with his fists and knives. After finally making it into college, the zombie apocalypse started. Alec is ready to fight 'til the end.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Postby Robot Monkey » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:01 am

*bump*
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Postby Elmagnifico » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Nobody wants to play my RTD?

Image
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
User avatar
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: Still Controversial to Some Douches

Postby Robot Monkey » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:59 pm

*bump*

C'mon, join already!
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Postby RunsWithLegos » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:25 pm

I HATH ARIVED.

Joe Boxcart the magic Hobo

A hobo who owns a couch that is in pretty good condition. came to the party looking for some food.
User avatar
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2841
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Postby enders_shadow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Ralph Lauren, a rich-ass snob who has never been hungry or sad in his life. However, he plays polo, and water polo, so he is in near peak physical condition. Came home from college to visit his parents, and since the maid was on holiday, he went to town to pick up some groceries and then this happened.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Elmagnifico » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Let's see, that's 1... 2... 3... Okay, we can start now! The scenario's in the OP, so post some actions and I'll start rolling things from there.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
User avatar
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: Still Controversial to Some Douches

Postby Robot Monkey » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:09 pm

>Locate light switch
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Postby RunsWithLegos » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Joe, still unconscious, pulls out a can of beans and a can opener. the sounds of a struggle is herd through out the room... and then a CRKrkrkrkrrrkrkrkr and quiet munching is herd
User avatar
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2841
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Postby enders_shadow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:14 pm

Do some pushups to gain some muscle... He's going to need it... then strike a sexy pose against the wall, being careful to search for weapons as he does so.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Elmagnifico » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:54 pm

>Locate light switch


5. Alec sits up and flips the light switch. A single lightbulb hanging from the ceiling illuminates a tackily-decorated Dorm Room, typical of O'Flannigan Residence Hall of State College. It's one of the one-person Suite offshoots, with just one bed against the South wall. The North wall is occupied by a desk and trash can, the West wall is adorned with a window and a wardrobe, and the East wall is plastered with Metallica posters, which partially cover the wooden door. The floor is decorated with various people, including a smelly hobo, an older person in similarly tatty clothes, someone wearing an expensive-looking suit, one person curled up in the corner, and someone else who seems to have rolled under the bed.

Attempt to gain followers by chanting communist slogans.


4. "Capitalism must fall! Marxism shall Prevail!"

The occupant of the bed, a slightly wiry college student with messed up brown hair, wakes up and raises his fist in the air. "Hail the fifth column!" This is Matt, the room's owner. Below his fist is a makeshift bandage made out of someone's t-shirt. Its white surface is pockmarked with blood-red stains.

Joe, still unconscious, pulls out a can of beans and a can opener.


6. The sounds of a struggle is heard through out the room... and then a CRKrkrkrkrrrkrkrkr and quiet munching is heard. Joe lets out an "Aaaaah," and the smell of rotten eggs pervades the room.

Do some pushups to gain some muscle... He's going to need it... then strike a sexy pose against the wall, being careful to search for weapons as he does so.


3. The Metallica posters frame Ralph and his expensive suit posing for muscles. Unfortunately, two pushups are not enough to build actual muscle mass. On the flipside, Ralph does notice a claw hammer sitting on the desk.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
User avatar
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: Still Controversial to Some Douches

Postby Robot Monkey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:04 am

> kill hobo by kicking his skull in.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Postby RunsWithLegos » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:45 am

Block the kick. throw the can and the assaulter
User avatar
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2841
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Postby enders_shadow » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:31 pm

grab the hammer, and search the room for medical or survival supplies. Give the rest of the group a winning smile :D
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Next

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest