DC and Virginia

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:Let me see if I can wade through the bad grammar. What I'm speaking against--please go reread my post--is the sudden wanker measuring contest that has risen up on these last couple of pages. Talk to Warhead, Natalya, ROC, and other MOC greats on this forum if you want to brag about force size and capability.
:sbr:

I've got to disagree on this one from a policy standpoint. Proper shit-talking depends on both sides adhering to certain protocols: one side grossly overinflates the epicness of their accomplishments, so that the other side is properly set up to take the piss out of them, and they alternate roles as appropriate. I almost feel sorry for Natalya et al. for having MOCed themselves out of the opportunity to really take part in the exaggeration half of this exchange.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:34 pm

stubby wrote:I've got to disagree on this one from a policy standpoint. Proper shit-talking depends on both sides adhering to certain protocols: one side grossly overinflates the epicness of their accomplishments, so that the other side is properly set up to take the piss out of them, and they alternate roles as appropriate. I almost feel sorry for Natalya et al. for having MOCed themselves out of the opportunity to really take part in the exaggeration half of this exchange.
Mmm, yeah. Point taken. Also to note that there is probably inordinate elevation of some persons (myself being guilty of doing it), that is also not helpful for trash-talking protocol.
razgriz 25th inf wrote:Well for one, I think pedo, suby, and myself agree that what you cal a "wanker measuring contest" is simply a joke. A JOKE. So, in summary: And since when were you obligated to care? Cause your a douchebag Oh, and how do you like me capitalizing? Assfloss.
If I have been guilty of misreading and misinterpreting, then let me be the first to recant and try to amend. Part of what drew my initial reaction was at seeing beluga shit-talked again, which seems to be happening all over the place, which then flipped rant triggers in me. But you are right; my grammar comment was uncalled for. I suppose where I had intended only to comment on ethos (a joke I mistook apparently), my comments ran much more insensitive. Apologies.

Natalya, thanks for the interjection. My head is cooled and the inordinate rant is passed.

Rev.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Ok, are we cool now? Good. I seem to have developed some kind of resistance to pedo nuker, so i have defended him for some reason. Maybe because we ragged on him for talking shit, which i know we all do. But its over now. k.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:03 pm

We cool. Keep on gamin and plannin.

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:It is more than funny to me that this sudden wanker-measuring contest was started by two pre-adolescents with some of the more visually unpleasing MOC's and armies on the boards. I mean no distinct offense to you two, but needless bragging turns me off, so I'm jumping in.

Fellas, let's get this straight. You can show up to as many battles as you want with a massive fistful of rainbow crap and blocky-as-hell wheeled contraptions and say that your ZOMG ROXOR Mutha-Fukin army is better than everyone elses. But the BEST forces at all of those games are the ones that are visually stunning and brick-tastic. I would much rather see a force of less than 20 guys with a handful of ossum, well-built, fun-to-look at vehicles than a billion baseplates of haphazard brick-shame. Let's try some humility?

That is all,
Rev.
The 2 you were talking about were Beluga and Raz? Just wondering because your post came right after my combat analysis of Beluga's army.
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:58 pm

I forget who's all posts I had read before my indordinate rant. Doesn't matter now...the only thing I still support of what I said was that I prefer visual pleasantry in armies and MOC's. But it's just a personal preference.

That is all.

Rev.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:23 pm

I leave for two nights and come back to this limp wristed gurly pish. :roll:

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Your absence is always a significant blow to our animi and manly psyches.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:53 pm

:twss:

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:01 am

I now pronounce this thread resolved and therefore dead. RIP :byzero:
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:11 pm

:necro: But as its almost summer we might want to start planning for a game day.

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Good idea, I might be able to come up with some ships for an objective in a space battle. Also, what type of ground battle would there be, personally, I'd like to see a city battle.

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:04 pm

probably, a city battle would be a great environment to test a lot of my new battle elements(ie: portal gun). Then we would have to think where we would play.

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:36 pm

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Well that clears location up. We now need to rally everyone.