Immortal Empire: Imperial Army, Vehicles, Weapons'n'17Update

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Is there a stud scale for Micro that corresponds with mini-fig scale? I'm open to haggle the scale on these ships. The light carriers I made are just a little bigger than these.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:23 pm

After many threads of debating just that- I believe that there isn't any scale more reliable than the one you use building the thing.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Ok, so as long as the scale is consistent with what you make then everything's fine.

I also thought Battle Cruiser for these things because of the amount of weapons and armour looking bits. They could be light cruisers but then I'd have to do better for the other units. Yikes!

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:49 pm

Well Immortal ships, at least the ones I've seen, tend to be heavily armored in general. From the models (yours and Scythe's) I've seen so far, I'm getting the impression that the Immortals generally build their ships to fit one of two categories: fast stealth ships to act as an advance guard and a bunch of well-armored, powerful heavy hitters to follow as the main force.

Based on what I'm seeing here, the ship has two heavy, long range forward guns, two missile launchers, and a whole bunch of point defense turrets? That could work as a frigate or destroyer.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:
White Nun wrote:Rebellion, - moi?
C'mon, Nun... Just look at the way the Immortal Alliance is run! The barbaric VOL, the ever-sinful Warhead... It can't be healthy for a good sister like you to be in that alliance! Come over to the Anti-Immortal Alliance instead...
My dear Robot Monkey our secret plan is to save their souls whether they want them saved or not. :wink:

@Warhead: those latest ships of yours somehow managed to look like the most evil ships I've ever seen. I'm loving the work you're doing on the Immortal fleet; - all I need to do now is choose which class of ship I'll make a copy of to match the sizing of my elderly Ironclads.

@Asterios: (sigh) When I first came here my signature had the words, 'What has Reality done for you lately?' Science takes a holiday in the Brik Wars universe and the whole vasty volume of 'fluff' that has built up around Brik Wars is just as official to us as those of the Warhammer world & etc is to those who play by those rulesets. The fact that Brik Wars fluff is written/made up/devised by forum members in a kind of loose anarchist committee where flaming is legal and what's more highly approved of has nothing to do with the fact (or semi-fact) that once something has been agreed on it is simply accepted as being 'so' .
The Immortals are extremely ancient, hedonistic and not nice to know. Their Infinity (TM) science is beyond the ken of mere mortals so if they want to sew black holes everywhere and suck the universe up its own fundament they can. Makes as much sense to me as my old space Ironclads that still manage to use steam in space and have funnels to boot or that OT is a highly sought after mineral in the Brik Wars universe.

In a word, if you want to have a willy measuring contest around here it has to be with real willies and there must be photos. Anything else is judged with bricks and how you make them fight other bricks, - and there must be photos or it didn't happen.

Here endth today's lesson :wink:

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Hear, Hear! And please, if you want to have a willy-measuring contest, please pm my floppy penis and do it there.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Well... its a good thing I didnt mention my black hole hand grenades.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Tzan wrote:Well... its a good thing I didnt mention my black hole hand grenades.
Cool, what happens if I pull this pin..... *poof*

Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Dangit hobo, you shoulda left Warhead's finger well enough alone.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 pm

Goddamit, WN, you're bloody awesome. But I think we've already established that.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:26 am

Your excellent part use looks sort of like flying buttresses. You, sir, have made a fleet of Flying Gothic Cathedrals of Death. :guinness:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:51 am

Modification made to the Knife Class Light Carrier

Double the boat bays, so double the fighters. Each one takes three fighters which is one squadron.

Changed the look of the Blackhole projector. there are now also two other side mounted torpedo launchers.

Makes it look a little better IMO.

IMMORTAL NAVY STARSHIP (INS): Raider Class Destroyer (DD)

Armament: Data-Link = Squadron combined offensive and defensive fire. (x3 attacks of point defence rolls)

1x Centreline - Plasma Gun (Short range, very powerful. Plasma packets may be intercepted by point defence)
2x Twin (4) Standard Missile Launchers
1x Hull Laser
3x Point Defence

Data-Link
Engine Tuners

Tactics: Fast Fleet Recon and System Patrol. A Tin can is a tin can.

SCALE PROBLEM

Bit of a problem as discussed with Warhead/Micro scale... The Venus is Waaaaay too big in Warhead scale.

Solution?.. ensmallen!

Now that's better. The Venus is a larger than usual Destroyer (DD) class vessel and the Immortal Ships are roughly Light Cruiser (CL) class, I'll need to change the background for the Mongol from Battle Cruiser (BC) to Light Cruiser (CL).

Last edited by Warhead on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:06 am

Micro venus looks great, although you could maybe redo the front using a brick with studs on 4 sides to make it look a bit cleaner. I like the new destroyers, too, and love the redesigned black hole gun.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:26 pm

ensmallen... I like the word.

What the ensmallen did was probably even cooler though.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Love the mini Venus, and the Immortal fleet looks great! I think I especially like the Mongol, it looks very sinister.