disabling and injuries

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

IX_Legion
Minifig

disabling and injuries

Post by IX_Legion » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Here are some rules I thought of, probably only good in small battles because they need extra record-keeping.

When a minifig takes damage equal to its armor, it is not killed. However, it would have been severely injured. To reflect this, the fig is put on its side or its face, like its disrupyed--it is now "incapacitated." It may nt maove, its armor is reduced by 1 or 2 (have to test it to find out--I'd say 2), and skill goes down 1 die (1d6 to 1d4, etc). He can be picked up and carried, and a medic can heal him on a non-crit fail skill roll (crit fail--wounded guy dies). Heroes are more robust--a wound only reduces armor and move by 1, and a -1 skill penalty (stays at -1 regardless of how many wounds).

I'll test these out sometime. I figure they will be too much work on big battles, but could add some extra flair to little ones.
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

Dertyyy
Hero

Post by Dertyyy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:59 pm

I just rip off a limb. easy and effective.
You are unique, just like everybody else.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Dertyyy's got the right of it, I think it's in some thread about Mediks from who knows how long ago. Minifigs who take a blow equal to armor live but lose a limb when it's appropriate to do so (like from a sword attack or shotgun blast), otherwise they're knocked over and Disrupted (like from a warhammer strike).

This set of rules is going into Ch. 10 in the Medik's section, along with the other rules for dismemberment (a Medik's main course of treatment will be field amputation).

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:28 am

I figured there would be easier ways, just an idea.

What I usually do for medics: if they get to a dead minifig on the turn after he "dies," roll a d6:
1-fail, Dead on Arrival
2,3,4,5-not dead, but somewhat stable-can try again
6-IT'S ALIVE!!!
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:42 am

Personally, I just give wounded(damage = armor) minifigs a trans dark red piece to denote that they're wounded. Wounded minifigs can only use hand or short range weapons, armor and skill get -1 and movement gets -2. If a wounded trooper is wounded again, he dies.
For medics, I use a skill roll, dead are use 4 and wounded have a use of 3. Some minifigs are too dead to heal(if the body got deformed(like getting gooshed by a tank, bullseyed by a missile, or just getting hit by a really high damage roll)) but the decision of when a minifig is beyond all hope should be decided by the players and is usually ad-libbed. No recording is needed, if you remember someone was very dead, then it was important, otherwise who cares.
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:08 am

stubby wrote: (a Medik's main course of treatment will be field amputation).
What about for fallen hero's a limb transplantation, so you have to sacrifice a lesser minifig.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:14 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:What about for fallen hero's a limb transplantation, so you have to sacrifice a lesser minifig.
I think limbless heroes are funny, but I admit an exception has to be made for pirates. Pirates have a unique ability to jam any old thing into their severed stumps and make a prosthetic. Peg hands, hook legs, mouth patches, etc.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:39 pm

I once had a hero in a battle use his heroic feat to ignore the fact that he was fataly wounded several times. All that remained was his head and he was the laughing stock of the game because of his 1" move and disability to really do anything.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:48 pm

except shout encouragement to the rest of his forces. "it's only a flesh wound!"